FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Coyle Worldcon Metal Blaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is going on????? In the last 5 weeks RAC has posted 3 CST's on ebay. The first went for 760, the second 830 and now the third at 1,609!!!!!!!!!!!
Does this mean the forth will hit 1800????????
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...unclear why and or who is willing to pay so much.....seems to me it's all about what the traffic will bear....that being said...I tend to NOT believe everything I read and a little less of what I see....markets are strange sometimes predictable and easily manipulated......IF there has ever been a time for..."Caveat emptor".....it's NOW.....
...this from a man who was on Rich's waiting list and...was thrilled to pay $850....and have zero repeat zero.... buyer remorse......
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had planed to save up 850 for one and now im right depressed to find his price seems to have gone up to 1,500. Sad
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I totally understand....all I can suggest is patience...easy for me to say but I dare say appropriate...even with my "zero" buyer remorse...I realize how far that $850 would have gone for a "real" gun....make that...GUNS (plural)...that is to say....a LONG LONG way...just off the top of my head....a Mossberg 500 "JIC" pistol grip shotgun AND a 9M Beretta 92FS pistol....to put $850 in context....
...the aforementioned (real gun context) is an obsure tribute to "Doc"....wherever he is...I miss his view and his posts....
David
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Bassnoir. There is something kind of wrong paying that much for a "replica". Especially one that does not do anything. I had tried to talk Rich into making an upgrade set of parts for a real Charter Arms Bulldog as Doc3D had done with Rich's parts. I think Doc payed less for his gun with the real parts, than what Rich charges for his replicas. Of course Doc has experience as a gunsmith and did all the work himself.

Personally I am glad to see what changes Rich has finally made to his guns, but I keep seeing the same old pictures from him. I am watching the gun he has up on Ebay now. I am curious too of what it will do.

Andy
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...never mind...
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Blade Runner Blaster by Richard Coyle Reply with quote

Hi....been snooping around on this forum..... I like reading things on the World-con blasters even though I know little about them and don't own one..... this forum has helped me alot with info on this cool "weapon".

I have been watching the ebay ads as well. Shocked
With Sidkits and Tomenosukes and Hartfords all pretty thin and scarce, of course there is going to be a strong demand for Coyle's guns....as you guys already know. Very collectible...he has the name, heritage and there aren't too many around, not much real competition now. I wish the Japanese would produce more for the people outside Japan. Confused

There have been three Coyle 'C S & T WORLDCON' guns on ebay in the past 6 weeks.
The two that went for 700 to 800 dollars were the older world-con batch, metal and plastic. These had a reserve or acceptable sell cost of $495.
The new All-Metal guns (except for the clip/ steyr box which is plastic) which was the subject of today's end auction, had a reserve price of $850 which is what Richard Coyle sells them for on his current wait list. Razz

Cheers
Cratercritter

PS: I don't own any Coyle guns or similar. I am currently slowly building my plastic Rick Ross PKD-1 kit. I have embedded heaps of lead fishing sinkers into the gun and it weighs a total 2.7 pounds......nice.
Nice Kit by Rick Ross. taking my time...I am not a model maker/builder at heart but I can't wait to finish it.
I also own a little Tomenosuke nano 1:6 (1:5 ?) scale gun...cute, good detail for its size.
My aim is to eventually own a Coyle blaster World-con or similar.

Last edited by cratercritter on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to write to us cratercritter ...jocking of course. It's fun to lurk but it's nicer to participate The PKD is indeed a nice build...cannot wait to see your piece and how everything is gonna fit together.
Good to have you on board!
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome.

Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cratercritter wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome mate! I hope you are a regular member from here going forward!

A quick note on your PKD if I may..
Remember that the resin is going to take a lot of strain with all the extra weight. If you pick it up by the butt, its likely to snap off where the butt meets the bulldog frame - that being the weakest link because of the hollow handle and the thin frame near the triggers...

I suggest you rather pick it up by the 'top end' - that way you might save yourself a ton of repair work.!

Please share with us your pics of what is widely regarded as the most beautiful version of the blaster....
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Staar

Yes...that's right. I have already allowed for that. I filled the butt plate with lead as well, and I filled the handle insides with lead ball sinkers and hard packed with resin. I also reinforced the full length of the handle with a 4mm diameter steel rod epoxied into the lead/resin mix....very strong and stiff. Also, yes as you mentioned I reinforced the junction between the handle and the gun where the triggers start (weak point), with two 4mm rods epoxied/drilled through the plastic kit. Makes the gun a little heavier and much-much stronger than before through that weak point also a more solid, stiffer overall feel .... cool.

The butt plate will not only be glued on the kit handle base, but two steel pins (or hex screws) will hold it securely into place. All good fun, just have to get the time to finish it, alot of clean up to do after drilling/modifying the kit, but will be worth it when finished. Hope I don't mess up the painting job (inexperienced modeler, but I am careful because of this fact).

Cheers.

Last edited by cratercritter on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Blade Runner Blaster by Richard Coyle Reply with quote

cratercritter wrote:
With Sidkits and Tomenosukes and Hartfords all pretty thin and scarce, of course there is going to be a strong demand for Coyle's guns....as you guys already know.

Welcome to Propsummit, CC.

You are correct - low supply makes for high demand. That said, eBay is still a crapshoot sometimes. Wink
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cratercritter wrote:
Hi Staar

Yes...that's right. I have already allowed for that....

LOL... you've got it covered!! I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!

welcome again.
Rick Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Richard Coyle had one on ebay that did not sell, did not meet his 1500.00 reserve.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Coyle Worldcon Metal Blaster Reply with quote

to all intersted parties,
I am happy to announce that from October the 1st , I will be acting as Richard Coyle's ( RCA PROPS) agent for the all metal CS&T 'Worldcon' Blaster as it is now known as , these will be assembled and finished, to order, in the UK by me - to professional museum quality standards ( I personally have been building and restoring SCI-FI film and TV props for over 30 years) I will also be covering all Rich's existing warranties on any and all of his props in the UK & Europe and will also offer a 5 year extended warranty - details directly from Rich at "Richard Coyle" <racprops> or PM me directly
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Johnnyb, lots of our friends in the U.K. are dancing in the streets today ...finally, the Coyle on the island!
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Coyle Worldcon Metal Blaster Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:
I am happy to announce that from October the 1st , I will be acting as Richard Coyle's ( RCA PROPS) agent for the all metal CS&T 'Worldcon' Blaster as it is now known as , these will be assembled and finished, to order, in the UK by me - to professional museum quality standards ( I personally have been building and restoring SCI-FI film and TV props for over 30 years) I will also be covering all Rich's existing warranties on any and all of his props in the UK & Europe and will also offer a 5 year extended warranty - details directly from Rich at "Richard Coyle" <racprops> or PM me directly

Then I guess you would be the one to ask. Whats the current price for one.
Thanks.
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Coyle Worldcon Metal Blaster Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:

That is good news!
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: CS&T Worldcon Blaster PRice Reply with quote

Rich determines the $ dollar price on the day of sale , he will then ship parts to me , I will assemble and finish to museum standard ( as good as Rich !) in the UK and deliver the finished piece to the buyer - best current estimate is £650 approx - that is complete with display case , numbered plaque and certificate of authenticity signed by Richard Coyle.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: CS&T Worldcon Blaster PRice Reply with quote

Congrats to you, propsjonnyb, to Rich, and to all of you in the UK who have been wanting one of Rich's replicas but unable to import one. This is a great development!

propsjonnyb wrote:
complete with display case

Just want to double-check this on behalf of your potential UK clients: I presume you mean "display stand" rather than "display case"; Rich has traditionally included a nice acrylic display stand together with his CS&T model Blasters. Or has he switched to including a case?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: