FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
windage knob "screw head" illusion?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: windage knob "screw head" illusion? Reply with quote

In reviewing my Worldcon photos, I noticed that under some lighting conditions, and degraded by poor focus and contrast, the windage knob begins to resemble a slotted screw head!

Now I realize that we have the stunt prop to examine as well, and that one does have a slotted screw head. But i thought it was interesting that the complex windage knob can also resemble a screw head under the right conditions. Perhaps this explains "screw head sightings" on the Hero prop (as opposed to the knobs being replaced physically).
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought at first. Though judging from the highlights it's definitely a "rounded" head, not flat and beveled edged like the weaver. resurected these images from the weaver thread Wink http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=699&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still like the slotted head better.

Great pics.
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if anyone has posted this before. this site claims these pictures are of the hero gun the day it was delivered to the studio. No weaver knob.
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/?p=11833
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the slotted screw was in there originally, and now I believe it was probably there for the entirety of filming. Doc3D had theorized that it was meant to hold the cylinder in place during firing since the release pin was likely cut down to load it without having to take the Steyr clip housing off (like we with an early Coyle gun would know).

From the pictures that had come out during the auction it seemed he was 100% right. The screw hole does go all the way through and lines up with a corresponding hole in the crane arm. The weaver knob would not have been long enough to secure it, but a similar slotted screw (similar to what is in most box cutters) would have been perfect to do this. Since the locking pin was cut it would have been absolutely necessary to be secured another way so it wouldn't blow open during firing.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well slap me silly and call me Wanda Shocked . I always thought that it was a simple slotted screw and not that other fancy one. Doc was right!
And thanks Phase Pistol for the pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: