FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner - Vid-Phon iPhone Theme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that two of my friends have a Droid and Nexus One, I may be able to work on it.

But that would basically require me to start again from scratch! Actually I haven't even looked in to whether or not that is possible...

EDIT: After some digging it looks like Android relies heavily on HTML for theme and style, which is good, but it also looks like I would have to build a separate version for each different Android device I wanted it to run on (or suffer possible disaster!).

That might prove to be more effort than it is worth. Or at least more than I have time for...

Joah Mahan
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fangorn81 ... outstanding work amigo!!!

i finally jailbroke my iphone and went for it today.

just awesome! there are so many goodies - plugging it it to charge, taking a photo, the VK stationary, neon around the notifications, sound FX, page numbers, i especially like how Rachel shows up for a call ... the list goes on and on!

anyway, its just pure awesome and i wanted to send a huge thank you. while they were all i had ... it sure beats the wallpapers you made earlier and the ring tones i had!

thanks again.
Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.

I'm submitting a minor update tomorrow, and I'm hoping it gets written up in Boing Boing soon.

Joah Mahan
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeni Jardin is a huge BR fan at Boing Boing, as well as a few others there. I am sure it will get posted there.

Andy
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackrained and installed this yesterday.

Looked excellent had a little play with it but had to turn the phone off.

When I restarted it I had to do a restore in iTunes, and lost it all.

Did I do something wrong?
LA2019
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that Photek

All I can say, from trying to figure iTunes out is that it's the work of Satan.. There are other tools like Sharepod that you can use to transfer music to the iPhone with but Im not sure how it works on an jailbroken device..

I'll try and do the jailbrake thing when Im back in Sweden, let me know how things works out for you Photek, I guess you might want to do check out http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5886 for info on how to fix the phone.

Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used blackra1n to jailbreak, I used redsn0w. But, after you jailbreak, you should never restore through iTunes, restoring erases the phone and restores it to like new settings from the most recent backup you have in iTunes.

You can continue to sync your music, contacts, and such and do backups in iTunes with a jailbroken phone, but restore will overwrite the jailbreak and you will have to start over.

Joah Mahan
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey now, that's Photech - my fellow replicant - just with a 'ch' not a 'k' ... i am photek!

all kidding aside, since i saw this i thought i'd chime in after 2 weeks of pure BR heaven.

as for me, after jail breaking, and loading this amazing theme - i cant say enough nice things about it. there can be a microsecond of latency, but if thats all ... then i cant believe i waited this long to do it!

i love all of the extras - the launch sounds, and docking sounds, homescreen custom icons, typing esper sound f/x, the CALCULATOR (so badass), the page numbers! just wait until you try to take a photo with your mini ESPER machine! there are literally hundreds of details that went into this wonderful and freakin free skin(job). no detail was spared.

agan, i humbly bow and thank you for the amazing work fangorn81!
cheers,
photek
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I didn't do a restore in itunes. after I loaded the theme and set it all up it worked fine. I don't know why I turned it off, but when I turned it back on it just showed the screen to plug me in to iTunes. So I did and it retored it's self.
I didn't unlock the phone after I jailbroke it, would this matter?

I guess now I should have just run black rain again to restore it. I had only had the phone out of the box maybe 4 hours. I have decided to get used to the phone first and then I'll run it again. The little BR devil on my shoulder keeps telling me to install it again.
LA2019
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did jailbrake to the phone (and it was really easy) and installed the theme, found the way to remove the sound when you "unlock" the phone when it's been idle for a while (Unchecked the BR Sounds in Winterboard)

After getting Categories Im really pleased..

Is the theme available in any of the other stores than Cydia ??

Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually available from the modmyi.com repository, which is automatically pulled to cydia. I'm sure you can add their repo to Rock.app or Icy if it isn't already included.

But, if you mean outside of the jailbreak world, no.

Joah Mahan
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just instaled this again, wickid.

The only problem I have found is in your step 10.

"10. In each folder, click the Info (i) icon in the bottom right. Make sure "Use Background.png" is set to On. "

I can't see this anywhere.

What is the background? the Tyrell Owl?

Cheers,

Lovit

Bob
Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Categories has been updated a couple times since I wrote that tutorial, the updates may have broken the wallpaper compatibility.

I'll look into it. Give me a few minutes.

Joah Mahan
Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so after you have created the folders, open them and in the bottom right corner there's a little white circle with an "i" in it. If you click that, you get options. Just make sure "Background Image" is set to "On". Then you should see the Blade Runner wallpaper for that folder.

Hope that helps!

Joah Mahan
Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: iPhone OS 4 and BR Vid-Phon... Reply with quote

BR Vid-Phon has been tested thru iPhone OS 3.1.2, and I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with 3.1.3 but....

I have no idea how badly iPhone OS 4 will break this theme when is comes out this summer. I know that for now it seems that people have been able to jailbreak the OS in the Beta versions, but I haven't heard anything about Winterboard compatibility. I should tweet Saurik about it.

But, if OS 4 breaks Winterboard it won't just be my theme, it would be all themes that get messed up. Hopefully if that happens they will be able to update Winterboard, but it would surely require me to make a big overhaul to the theme...I guess we'll see what happens.

Joah Mahan
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the fast reply.

I'm on 313 and all all seems rosey at the mo.
I'll let you know if there are any oddities.

Thx again for aiding my addiction
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my self a Iphone 16gb 3GS and added this , it is an amazing peice ofprogramming , and 'does what it says on the tin' my only slight critic and it is a very small one - the volume on the voice ad for the offword colonies when you first switch it on is so loud !
Other than that its really is great for any Blade Runner fan with an IPhone or IPad - it will work there as well !!
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iphone4?

the only holding me back from buying it was losing my BR theme ... but i caved with the promise of a crappy antenna and yellow photos! seriously, its a cool phone - but it doesn't have the BR theme ... yet.

so the question is, will it work on iPhone 4? if no, then of course, the obvious next question - is there a version for 4 in the works?

its been fun Fangorn81 - i got a lot of looks and questions about this theme!
Fangorn81
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well!

I haven't tried or heard of anyone else trying this theme on an iPad, but I'm sure quite a few things would be wonky! And, as far as the unlock sound clip goes...I'd like to explain myself:

Everyone tells me it's annoying/loud/etc. But, I kind of thought, wouldn't it be equally annoying to hear that blimp flying overhead all the time? So, I decided to try and capture that "ad-soaked future noisy world" feeling each time you try to use your phone! Razz

Also, I have recently updated my 3Gs to iOS4, and jailbroke it briefly (though I went back due to extreme lagginess) and have to report (sadly) that BR Vid-Phon is quite a mess on the new OS. This will, of course, also be true for the iPhone 4.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but as of right now, I am not working on a new version. It took a LOT of work and a LOT of time, I think it is pretty much perfect as it is for anyone still on 3.1.3 or lower, and getting it to that level of polish on the new OS would be a huge task.

I would need to recreate almost all the graphics with higher resolution, and figure out new ways to deal with the way wallpapers and folders and everything works....and on and on. I'd love to do it honestly, but I just don't have the time and the patience to go that far back toward scratch.

I always knew that eventually all my work would be overshadowed by the progress of technology, and thanks to Apple it happend in less than a year!

Thanks everyone for the support, and sorry those skins never materialized; Skinit.com never launched their user storefronts. I have designed a hard case with Uncommon at getuncommon.com, but again I would have to purchase them myself and then sell/ship them out to interested people...not sure if anyone would be interested in the hassle (or the $40 price tag!).

If I do start work on an update, I'll be sure to let you all know!

P.S. - if you really want a hard case PM me and we can work something out thru paypal. (I'd post pics of the case here before I expected anyone to pay for one.)

P.P.S. - BR Vid-Phon will ,of course, remain available and free thru Cydia to anyone who isn't riding on the bleeding edge of things, or perhaps is just too stubbornly attached to Blade Runner!

Joah Mahan
br64fan
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of an android version? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Links All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: