FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
A Cosplay 2010 - 2019 ... assistance, advice.. requested!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent grabs Rustyn...thanks for sharing.
Chronos
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics of the sweater jacket. Very Happy
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings ~

Well, I am moving along on this project, and everything seems to be coming together as I hoped.

I contacted a member here concerning the Deckard Trench and Blazer, so that's in the works.

====

I have (also) taken the cues from several members here concerning Deckards clothing. ~

So, I am taking the option to look about within Thrift Stores, Goodwill, Savers and even the local garage sales that abound here and see what ~ "Treasures" ~ I can find in my area.

One never knows what can be had. ~

====

However, I am also keeping all my options open concerning several items other items as well... such as clothing, props, and Blasters...

====

Speaking of which...

I mentioned that I was going to use a Blaster that I bought many years ago, as a molding Blaster for the holster that I will purchase soon.

So, I dug out the Blaster that I am going to use, and took some photos of it from different angles.

Perhaps someone here can ID the maker of this particular Blaster model.

I bought it on Ebay many years ago, so I don't recall who I bought it from or who made it... so, I am hoping that the photos can shed a light on the possible maker and offer me what version it is for my records.

Its pretty heavy, and is sturdy, to a point. ~ however ~ I will ONLY use it ~ "to form the holster" ~ once I get it.

====

I apologize for the quality of the piccies, as I took them - (once again) - with my mobile's camera.

Here they are:

=====

Well, that's the update for this time around.

I want to take this opportunity and ~ THANK EVERYONE ~ who has replied, offered to assist me, and who recommended some links and have also (offered) me some items, to purchases from them, in order to achieve my ultimate goal of completing this project.

I ~ REALLY ~ appreciate all the assistance I have received.

Respects Everyone ~

DE (Deckards Enigma)
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a Rick Ross PKD-1. His first version and my favorite version of the gun. Congratulations Very Happy

Andy
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
You have a Rick Ross PKD-1. His first version and my favorite version of the gun. Congratulations Very Happy

Andy

Beat me to it, lol.

Yep, definitely a Rick Ross PKD.

Looks great.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey; it's a...dang!! Andy and Neil are first again with the right answer Laughing
Great blaster for sure and a great addition to your costume.
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Hey; it's a...dang!! Andy and Neil are first again with the right answer Laughing
Great blaster for sure and a great addition to your costume.

Hehe...i think Andy has a PKD radar Very Happy
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:

Andy

WOW! REALLY!! ~ Shocked ~ THANKS ALLOT!

It pleases me to know I have a first version ~

Its been in good hands for all these years - (and as I mentioned earlier) - I couldn't find the - *on/off switch* - for the LEDs, because - (at times) - they (STILL) light up on their own. - even after all these years.

Any clue on that specific? or am I - *just* - missing it somehow? ~ Confused

====

Now comes the HARD PART. looking for (that) - "Ultimate version" - of the Blaster.

Thanks again for the info, input, and replies guys!

MUCH APPRECIATED! ~ Razz

Respects!

DE
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the original PKD-1 the switch was connected to the safety/cylinder release switch on the left side. In the 2007 reissue version it was in the bottom clip cover in the back.

Andy
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
In the original PKD-1 the switch was connected to the safety/cylinder release switch on the left side. In the 2007 reissue version it was in the bottom clip cover in the back.

Andy

Thanks! ~ ~ I did ndeed find it on the left side of the Blaster! ~

Thanks for info and for the verification!

Respects ~

DE
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Smile

Andy
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings ~

ONCE AGAIN!! ~ I apologise for my absence, life has a tendency to take over at the most inconsiderate of times...

Quote:
~ anyway here's an - update - (for those interested)

My project is/has taking a turn for the worst... >.<

Each time, I think, I am getting closer (something) always gets in the way and brings me back - one to several steps - backwards...

The MAIN result that has occurred is that my Rick Ross Blaster has gone missing.

YES!! MISSING!!

I - *just* - noticed this, as I was cleaning out a few things around the homestead and decided to straighten out all my Blade Runner Collectives.

To my horror, it's now MIA, and - so far - I am not able to find it - anywhere!

So (this) puts me back (again) and now I (may) need to find a replacement to use.

Quote:
But, being a resourceful individual, I am now turning to you, my fellow BR aficionado's, in hearing your recommendations and suggestions concerning a Blaster that is on par to the Rick Ross that I had/have that is currently MIA. - (see previous photo's in this thread)

I am also, running through the threads once again, in the hopes of finding those BR paper creatives and "freebies" that are available.

I guess, I now await the replies to my query and request.

Thanks in advance...

Respects
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always check the Prop Store section on this board for members selling their gun...I know, I know but EvilBay has, sometimes sales of the gun (not the PKD in particular, but other makers).
As for paper props, also the Prop Store section will be your friend, you can always PM members who have done runs in the past to see if they would be willing to sell some of their wares; good luck
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Always check the Prop Store section on this board for members selling their gun...I know, I know but EvilBay has, sometimes sales of the gun (not the PKD in particular, but other makers).
As for paper props, also the Prop Store section will be your friend, you can always PM members who have done runs in the past to see if they would be willing to sell some of their wares; good luck

=====

THANKS AGAIN!! Cool

Once again, I am behind in my participation here and of my postings...

I apologize for that...

An (UPDATE) ~

I managed to get a trench and blazer recently... though I *may have to* embellish the trench somewhat (as its a Magnoli version).. which surprised me actually, as I expected it to be more - "heavy-weighted"

Not a bad coat, but rather (surprisingly) - *lightweight* - I think I can modify it, correct the collar, stiffen it, and make it somewhat - "beefier" ... but I like it and fits well..

I am still seeking - "a replacement" - for my now *lost* RR Blaster, for I shall mourn over its loss... Sad (DAMN IT!) Exclamation

=====

I also had some purchases lined up and sent some emails and messages to confirm (those) purchases, but they fell through, not for lack of funds or anything (rather) by personal situation.

Though the situations have finally cleared themselves now, I am now awaiting, before I can purchase those items that I made confirmation for.

This project is still A GO! and I shall accomplish the goal of completing it fully.

Thanks to all for the support and understanding concerning this project and situations..

RESPECTS!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice for the coat Cool ...yes, it's light as a rain coat without a liner Wink As for the gun, Rich is making a run of a resin model (molded from the original gun): check the Propstore
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: