FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard Apartment Lamps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: deckards lamps Reply with quote

Thats a lot of lamps, certainly is another mystery to be solved, never has a film generated such debate about its background details except Alien .........

You are right most of those lamps would make ideal candidates especially the marble effect floor lamp and the tubular metal version., easy to run cables through and give stable support from the set ceiling.

The main reason I was drawn to this particular lamp was the manufacturer Lightolier and it seem to fit the bill size wise, has any one figured the exact size of the lamps in comparison to the other items in the kitchen?

Whichever method employed to make these lights and what parts were used we will probably never know for certain? unless some prop guy or set builder decides to recount those details, although that does seem unlikely, but that dose'nt stop the guess work, which is all part of the charm?

I read in this thread about whether the Dazor lamp was floor or piano mounted, reading all the various theories put forward by members as to the most plausible scenario, and why this idea made more sense than the other, very interesting and informative, a great debate.

If this movie had been made by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer I dont think we would be having this discussion?

Last edited by nexus42 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's new episode of "Mad Men" prominently featured a Dazor saucer lamp of the same type used in BR:

Appears to be the same color, too. I wonder if AMC's prop dept. went out to purchase this lamp or if by chance rented it from the same prop house that supplied BR.

I know it's a long shot, but damn, that would be cool if it were one and the same lamp! Smile

Darren

Last edited by bwade wanna on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Darren...it would be cool if it was the same lamp, but very unlikely Wink
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching some old TV shows on METV and noticed this lamp on quite a few of them including 'Burke's Law', 'Peter Gun', and 'Honey West'.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Andy...while it's showing everywhere lately, I haven't find one yet Crying or Very sad ; I'm still searching.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several on ebay all the time. Only problem is that the BR collectors have bid them up so much in the past along with the modern collectors that the starting prices have jumped up by a lot. They are not that uncommon though. Shipping and location may be the biggest issue now too, even with the prices falling a bit.

Andy
Brownclaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one on there now chaps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DAZOR-MID-CENTURY-ATOMIC-ERA-MODERN-SAUCER-DESK-LAMP-2008-WORKS-/380487672795?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5388904121461080074%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D380487672795%26
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the higher priced ones too. I have seen them go for much less in the more accurate color too. I picked up all of mine for less than $100.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brownclaw, but as Andy said I'll never pay that price for a Dazor Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: