FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Finally ID'd Shot Glass dispenser
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a vodka that would be fitting untill Tsing Tao Vodka is actually made.

http://www.squareonevodka.com/homepage.html
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
darkknight0667-
Are you planning on offering these? (The Bar)
I'm definately in for one! I need a place to put my BR Glasses as well!

Wasn't really planning on it (and the labor involved would probably throw the cost up into the $300+ range, not including the finish), but if you were willing to come pick it up (shipping would be astronomical), I might be enticed.
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really nice Pete, what kind of finish are you planning for it?
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't quite decided yet. My wife loved the wood, so it'll probably be a light -natural color stain with a lot of varnish to protect it (from both spills and the Florida humidity). Glad you like it.
Rachael
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use pre-made wainscoating or did you router the facing? Very nice, I think I have power tool envy. Might need to move out one of the kids to make room for a bar...
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rachel. It's standard pine bead-board from the local Home Despot . . . I mean, Depot. I doubt that anyone's got the patience to rout out that kind of repetitive pattern. Lord knows that I certainly don't.
Rachael
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you have to be a special kinda crazy to do that. Trust me, if I could have found pre-ribbed material to make the trench coat collar, I would have saved myself a lot of time. (but still would claim to have done all the work myself)
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While watching the extras on the 25th Ann. set I noticed the shot glass dispenser set that was used for the glasses as well as another blue ring glass in Rachael's hand, and a red one on the piano. I will let everybody look for themselves right now to see which one, because I it is one I still do not own. Also, I can't always be giving away all my secrets so easily Wink
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I picked one up, so I was wondering if anybody else has figured out which one is is yet? Wink
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Well I picked one up, so I was wondering if anybody else has figured out which one is is yet? Wink

I saw it last night while viewing one of the discs. It really busts my hump cuz I've turned my nose up at a few chances to get that one. They don't seem to be all that plentiful either. FRAK. Mad
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus6 wrote:
andy wrote:

I saw it last night while viewing one of the discs. It really busts my hump cuz I've turned my nose up at a few chances to get that one. They don't seem to be all that plentiful either. FRAK. Mad

It killed me that when I did a search of ended auctions, there were a few with no bids on them and fairly priced. The ones I passed on before were all higher than I felt they were worth at the time. I have a feeling they will be selling better soon Confused
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Nexus6 wrote:
andy wrote:

It killed me that when I did a search of ended auctions, there were a few with no bids on them and fairly priced. The ones I passed on before were all higher than I felt they were worth at the time. I have a feeling they will be selling better soon Confused

If by "selling better" you mean that once the deep pockets in this hobby actually catch wind of this piece, driving the price up past the Off-World colonies, insuring that I will never, ever have one - - - then I think you're right. Wink Sad
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know. The other sets can still be had for pretty cheap even with so many people knowing their connection. I do think the price for this exact set will jump up and die back down again, like so many other BR finds. Of course that is why I postponed the ID untill the rest of us can search for ourselves for the sets. It may be too much effort for the scalpers and "have it nows"at this point to search the entire Disc set to find it. these are also common enough to be found at average antique and collectable shops, as well as thrift store where I purchased my first glasses and sets.
pucknell
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Here is a vodka that would be fitting untill Tsing Tao Vodka is actually made.

http://www.squareonevodka.com/homepage.html

nice find! i picked one up as i think it compliments my collection very nicely. if Deckard drank vodka, that would be the one i think!
it cost me a bit in shipping, but the bottle looks very cool.

im updating my display right now, so i'll be posting some photos very soon. its coming along very nicely. dam i've got more stuff than i thought...like 12 or so versions of deckards gun alone. crazy.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only the indent looked like the Ennis-Brown FLW textile house block, then it would be a must have Smile

I don't want to even say how many versions of Deck's gun I have now, still isn't anywhere near what JediRick has though.

Can't wait to see your pics, BTW how is the site going? I haven't looked at it in a while.
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this while looking around on ebay for the art deco shot glasses & dispensor sets... http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-DECO-FARBERWARE-CUBIC-SNOODS-COCKTAIL-SHOT-GLASSES_W0QQitemZ250147657925QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3273QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

This is different from all the other sets that you guys have talked about. For one, there's no dispenser or globe... just shot glasses on what looks like some sort of carousel... there's a figure of a naked woman in the center of it that reminds me somewhat of the Oscar statue... very art deco. It's going for $110 though! (No auction, just a Buy Now listing.) Here's a pic of it:

Though you would find it interesting...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Chrome art deco raacks also show up all the time with another set of glasses, Usually slightly tinted colored glasses with no rings. I think that set is a marriage of the two sets, both that sell usually for under $50. I don't think it will be going anywhere too soon.
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a real junky dispenser for about $15 and threw away everything except the shot glasses (which were in pristine condition). Laughing
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that would make sense... since it seems like it's been pretty much determined that the rings on the glasses are there to hold them in the tray or in the case of of the other style of dispensor, in the wire loops. Yeah, it's pretty crazy how much some people want for these "rare" art deco shot glasses... someone was selling set of 8 green-ring only glasses without a dispensor for a 'Buy Now' only price of $125 while at the same time there were at least 5 full dispensor sets for sale starting at like $10 - I saw a couple go for about $20 at auction plus shipping...

I just picked up the brass pump decanter style with the black rings because I liked the looks of it and I got it for $16 plus shipping. I happened on it by accident... I had been looking at some of the other sets and had bid on a couple but wasn't willing to pay more than around $30-35 total with shipping... After taking a look at the various auctions for the sets on ebay the other night , I logged out and got the "Discover More Items" ad that pops up - and right there was an ad for a "Merry Go Round Pump Decanter With 6 Shot Glasses" - I had been using 'art deco' as a keyword during my searches, but this one wasn't using that keyword at all, which is how I had missed it. Since it had a 'Buy Now' price of $16, I figured what the hell. It should ship out tommorow morning.
Kgaijin
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the tag line "vintage shot glass" and got a number of hits over several weeks. I finally settled on a merry go round pump set that cost me around 12$.

I just used that search and found like 5 auctions with the correct shot glasses, with and without merry go round rack/pump dispenser. One of the only had 2 hours left for 9.99 but it has crazy shipping of 22.05. There are better deals as you scroll through the list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: