FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
NEW CS&T Blaster by Richard Coyle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last note:

I have always offered good service, I often will repair a model for the cost of shipping.

I stand behind my models, and take good care of my customers.

My discount to previous buyers, and my offer for upgrades on the current model should show that.

Rich
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear there will be a resolution as well.

And Once Bitten, welcome to the boards.

Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Noeland...and Rich...and Amish...and all those that offered constructive critique' and incouragement...
Glad to have the whole thing done with...
Thanks for the shipping refund Rich, I still have some work to do on removing some more of the snarkyness of my article...your patience is appreciated.
At this point I'm going to hold onto the Blaster.
When I have a chance to post some pics of it I will...my photo taking abilities are not the best, my tech guy who handles my site normally does all that stuff for me, so it may be a bit.
Also hoping to post some BR costume progress when that happens, any input would be greatly appreciated there as well!
My Girlfriend/costumer say's "Hello" and reminds me often that I need to learn to "Play nice"...out of the mouths of Babes...
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I think your avatar really sucks OB, when did you add that? That's certainly not what I would consider "playing nice". I guess I should re-post my thoughts on your review after all.

I removed it because I thought the matter was resolved to each parties satisfaction and that we were all being big boys now, and I didn't want to stir the pot any further.

However, I just can't be OK with someone who comes to a message board just to go after a current member, says the matter is resolved, and then creates an avatar like this while saying they can't post pictures to prove thier case.

Anyway, my reaction:

Opinions are great, I value and respect a sincere opinion very much. God knows I love to give my own, and I am in fact doing that now.

What really gets me is that it does not take a molecular biologist to tell that a RAC blaster is fragile. And to my knowledge it's never been a secret. Even if you've never held one before, right out of the box you can tell - you better be careful with the dang thing - it's "breakable"! You could crush it with your bare hands if you really wanted to, and that is, as I have said before, pretty much common knowledge amidst the hobby.

I would never put one in a holster, or carry it to a convention or cosplay with it. That is an activity I would classify under "not smart", no matter if Rich calls it "prop" - "model" - "bazooka" or "rear tire". You hold it in your hands, you know it's fragile. What does it matter what Rich calls it???

I've never been under the impression that "prop" means indestructable, and "model" means fragile. Where did these definitions/impressions come from anyway? Misconceptions maybe?

I have seen some very well built, solid props/models of all shapes and sizes, resin, plastic, wood and even metal come away from conventions and cosplay broken, busted, scratched, and chipped. It's the nature of the beast when you crowd into a hotel or convention hall with a few thousand other people.

Personal opinions about Rich aside, he does not give a money back guarantee with the purchase of a blaster. Again, that is not a big secret. Get over it. Take it. Leave it. You break it, you bought it. I had a friend drop my V3, and I broke the battery compartment on my V4. Did I go on some kind of online crusade? Or ask for a refund? No, because there is a certain amount of reasonable responsibility you take here, and I'm sorry but Once Bitten hasn't even explained the real problem.

In my case, Rich offered to fix the blasters after I told him what happened, but I chose to go ahead and fix them myself. Should I have blamed Rich if I had broken them further?

OB's friends obviously don't like the blaster, he mentions thier reactions twice in his review. It reads like they kind of joked about it, and I think that embarrassed him a little. But my buddy Ryan said the same thing to me when I got the V4 in and showed him.

I just said "It's a million resin pieces, you can't go tossing it across the room or anything. It's a display piece." And guess what he said after that? "Cool man, maybe I'll get one too."

And there is nothing wrong with paying $400+ for a display piece if you want one and have the money. It's a choice like any other. Yes, the RAC is "to look at" but if you're careful you can handle it just fine too.

Once Bitten, with a small bit of online/ebay/message board research you could have gotten the offworld blaster for $250 (much less than Rich's "model"), and my understanding is that it should hold up to cosplay/costume use very well. And yes, even the all metal Sidkit blaster is CHEAPER than Rich's model.

Why would you even buy a plastic model if it's intended use was cosplay?? Why? Get the cheaper metal version. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I don't mean to be a smart ass, and I'm not siding with Rich or OB here, I'm just trying to point out that there might be a better way to deal with Rich OB, and Rich there might be a better way to deal with OB too. Check the ego's at the door maybe? Take two? After 40 years in the biz doing personal direct one to one business you haven't had to treat different people in different ways to get the deal done? And OB, did you think posting a nasty, personal attack online was going to get you a refund any faster? Honestly?

So now we have a smart ass avatar to look at every time OB posts. Great.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are certainly welcome to your opinion but it just so happens that ALL of the points you make were covered between Rich and myself during the transaction and then later in my review. I had thought you removed the above when you realized that.

The matter IS dropped as my amended review shows.

I consider it a consumer awareness thing as I believe my review ALSO shows.
If anyone can learn from the mistakes I made then it's a positive thing.
If someone asks me about my avatar I'll simply point them at my review.
I have also said that I don't believe posting pictures would prove anything to anyone.
My new avatar serves as a reminder to us all, it was made FOR me not BY me and I've allready recieved a few compliments on it. I don't consider it to be a pointed slam on anyone, more of a "be careful what you buy" which,
I think, is a little more than obvious when you look at it. You will notice that no names are used in it whatsoever...In actuality, it makes me laugh quite a bit.

To show my continued good faith (though I don't feel inclined to prove anything to anyone) I'm not going to post in this thread again.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Up Date Or what ever happened to racprops? Reply with quote

You know after all the fuss, I think I would like to use that avatar as a warning my self..Really!

I have told and told people for years NOT to pull the front Trigger; this is fast and to the point.

Just your using it has helped with my sales and lowers my follow up and repairs.

Thanks Once-bitten.

Other things:

Like why I did not enter the Blaster building contest and why you have not heard from me for a while:

As a few of you may know or have read my postings of how I am only making a living doing these props.

Well due to my lack of good income, I do almost all my own automotive repairs my self.

Sadly this have just bitten me in the ass, I found that the brakes on my 93 Chevy van was hanging up, dragging so bad on one side that I had a smoking right side front brake. The caliber was “hanging up” or failing to completely release.

So I pulled the wheels and when for a replacement calibers, (the ones on the Van at this time were AutoZone rebuilt parts of only 6 months old and hardly used…)and put it all back together, hoping the pads and rotors were going to be ok. Well they were not so I have to take it all apart again and turn the rotors and get new pads.

I now can see that that was a very bad idea. The second time around was once too much, I pulled my back, I have a compressed disk at L5 and that pinched my sciatica nerve and I have been bed ridden for three weeks.

I know what caused the problem and believe me like catching one's self in one's zipper, the pain is so bad you really learn not to do that twice, and in the X-Rays I can see I should NEVER sit on my buns and heft a wheel onto the hub again in my life. (Bad L5 joint)

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions, and more for the understanding.

I got a HFT Machine (High Frequency Tens) to help block the pain and a great Chiropractor to get things straighten out, so I am slowly recovering from my silly back injury.

But I really think I should wait for the tingling and fuzziness in my right foot’s big toe and the one next to it to clear off before I return to work full time.(Yea my right foot have been a bit numb and fuzzy during this, THE Doctor said it is proof I pinched the nerve…)

In fact I am still having trouble walking far and stand and walking for long, I am told I have both weak nerve and weak leg problems to over come. It is slow going, the floor seem an inch father than my right foot…

By the way anyone that has chronic pain like this and would like to get off drugs, email me.

I hate growing old and yes it is only slightly better than the other possibility.

I am now trying again to work on the models, it is slow going, I can only do light days.
But I think if I am careful I will be able to do a little each day.
Thanks for hanging in there with me though these trying times.
I promise to not to do any more brake work on my van.
Or tire changes, either I can Triple A and I am looking for some tool to lift the wheel for me and if I find none may invent one.

I am cleaning up the receivers and the pistol grip frames slowly.

Rich
Kevin
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's terrible Rich. I'm sorry to hear that.

My Father has an artificial knee joint which causes him a lot of pain. The TENS machine has helped him. Are you finding it's helping you?

Fingers crossed you're back to normal again soon.

Oh and by the way, don't bother growing older. It's not all it's cracked up to be. Wink
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Yes the tens machine works so much better than the silly pain drug that only made me throw up.

It is tne numbness and weakness in the right leg that is bugging me now.

It tires so fast.

Rich
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who has wrenched his back on a number of occasions, I can honestly say that I feel your pain, Rich. Hope you get better quickly.
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually down in my back now too. I'm able to move about and function but it's not pleasant. I've had it so bad at times, though that I could not stand erect for 5 days. Those were bad times. So, I too have great empathy for you. I wish you well.

Sincerely,
Rick
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think back trouble is a universal problem.

Is your pintched nerve??

Rich
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently my problem is more muscular, and the sacroiliac joint is inflamed. It sucks, but at least I am able to function. Sciatica is only one sudden move away though. When I have skeletal problems, that's when the nerves get pinched and I totally lose my ability to walk. When that happens the pain is usually so bad I just want to die. But, as you know, you never feel more alive than when you experience great pain. According to my doctor, 12 million Americans suffer from what is called "lower disk space disease". It's all too common and unless someone has ever experienced it, they have no idea just how debilitating it can be.

Take care.

Rick
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everhear of a High Frequency Tens Machine??

It stops the pain.

Rich
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

Nobody should go through back pain, it is killer. I really hope you can heal quickly. I have two herniated disks that will shut me down for 2 or 3 days a couple times a year.

My physical therapist gave me great exercises the first time it happened about 6 or 7 years ago. The medication does suck, but I only try and take it at bed time to help get a good rest. At least it is only a couple times a year for me.

Please take care!

Rick, I cannot imagine the pain you feel. I know when a nerve gets pinged it is quite painful. However, what you describe just sends chills through me. I really hope you heal quickly as well!

Tom
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess just to join in the party, I know how you guys all feel. After doing countless toy shows by myself and then moving all my stuff after breaking up with my Fiance', moving into the office, Having to move the whole office, having to move again into friends when the company went out of business, and then finally into were I am now. I ended up with a slipped disc or at least a pinched nerve in my back that was so bad I could not stand erect for several days nor roll over in bed. My left leg had shooting pain going through it and often felt like it was asleep. I ended up taking vicadins that I was prescribed for when I broke my knuckle off, but never needed then. I seemed to re-injure it all the time too. Once just taking a sock off. In the end I saw a chiropractor through a clinic and I haven't had much problems since, other than the average sore back muscles.

Maybe we should move this one off topic though? Smile
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just about over it.
It was horrorable for three days and the pain pills hardly helped.
I was given treatment with a Tens machine and told to wrap the painful lag in a cold wet towel and lay down with it higher that my heart.
That helped a lot.
I am seeing a chiropractor as well three times a week, any one in Phoenix email me for his name, he is great and reasonably priced.
One last thing is a good recliner, mine almost goes back all the way and two pillows under my legs and a cold pack under my back is also working wonders.
The recliner lets you get into a zero gravity position and take the pressure off the spine and helps it heal.
I am also taking L-comithine, l-ARGININE, L-lysine, L-pherylalanie.
All seem to be helping.
If your pain is chronic I can get a HFT machine made for you. It has some risks but it looks like a lot less that Drugs.
Rich

And as this is my thread and now why I have been missing so I say this is ok.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the tips I offered help, they helped me.

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Work work Reply with quote

OK Been able to get some work done and looks like the first 8 will be going out this next month.

Hopeful within a couple of weeks.

Rich
Roy
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a repressor protein, that would block the operating cells?

I think Andy was correct when he suggested the "Back-Pain" thread be moved.
Thank the GODS...
Did we just get back on topic here!?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my last post was about the models: they are nearing finishing and I will be posting pictures soon.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: