FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Jorden Tractor Plans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noddy4000
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Jorden Tractor Plans Reply with quote

Hi all, just a quick question from me on this.
To explain in brief, I've been slowly hunting for plans, or just plain info, for the various vehicles in Alien and Aliens for quite a long time and a couple of weeks ago struck the Aliens Mother Lode (at least as far as I'm concerned Smile ) when I managed to acquire not just the APC plans but also the complete plans for the J' Tractor. To be honest I had never heard that the Jorden plans were out there at all, unlike the APC ones which I had seen images of on-line and drooled about. I was stoked to see the Tractor plans were actually available, even happier that I got them.

Basically I'm just curious to know if anyone else has the plans too and if they've used them as reference for a build? Laughing Actually this is several questions so please bear with me! If anyone has used the plans are there any discrepancies or flaws in the details? I know that's probably a daft question, considering the plans' provenance, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have obviously been looking at them lots since I got them but all appears fine. And, just plain curious, what scale did you build the model at? Any particular pitfalls that appear?

The APC plans are apparently 2nd or 3rd gen' copies of the original Aliens art department's ones, so a copy of the copy (of the copy?) released by Harry Harris I would assume. Was he the original source for a copy of the department's Jorden Tractor plans too?

Any info or feedback would be most welcome as this is the first decent, proper kind of (copied Razz) production reference material I've been able to get.
Thanks for looking.
Harry Harris
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Noddy4000,

I probably was the original source for the Jorden Tractor plans yes.

Harry
Noddy4000
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harry,

Many thanks for the reply! It's nice to know that little extra bit of info about the material, that the Tractor plans also originally came from you.

I need to find a wall in the house with enough clear space to hang them now.

Thanks again,

Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Scale Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: