FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Whisky bottle banned guy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Whisky bottle banned guy? Reply with quote

Sorry to ask but sick or reading posts about it.

There was a thread about an run of bottles over on RPF

There was one where a guy showed the mold he got

There are several posts about whisky bottle run and banned member here.

Can someone pleeease just give me a brief recap of what happened with these things

Thanks
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Phil's incredible holster and whisky glass. He has thought about trying to tackle the whisky bottle.

Please email him and try to encourage him as I have Very Happy
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that they were made in China, and when they arrived off the boat half the bottles were broken.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, jameth, here's the Reader's Digest version:

Paul Smith (OnceBitten) produced a short run of the whiskey bottle about 3 years ago (possibly less). About half of them were broken/cracked in transit. As they were designated a "Samples Run" to the manufacturer (with a possible much larger run to come), they were unwilling to replace the broken bottles and maintain the mold. Paul will still, on occasion, sell one of the cracked bottles and, even more rarely, one of the intact bottles will come up for sale.

That's the bottle story, now we get into the maker:

A few months back, it came to our attention that Paul had created a few sock-puppet accounts. On almost every board around, that's a HUGE no-no. Therefore, we banned both him and his sock-puppets. He posted on his website that the accounts were those of friends of his, but when he was invited to have those friends contact us to prove that this was the case, they never showed. He has also posted that he created the accounts and was done here anyway. Take your pick as to which story you believe. Either way, he's not really welcome here anymore.

As for lobbying Phil to try his hand at manufacturing the bottle, I doubt it'll ever happen. As others have posted (I think in response to a thread you started), the mold for the bottle and the run size needed to produce them at a commercial glass factory is far too high for a reasonably priced piece to be made. You're welcome to try, but I wouldn't hold my breath while you waited.

Last edited by darkknight0667 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. That explains a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: