FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
The real Repdetect file - WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clutch wrote:
Very interesting. I haven't watched in a while. I was hoping maybe she had something funky going on with the diaper on her head. I'm hella impressed by all the work you are putting into this!

Did you really just use the word "hella" ??????
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameth wrote:
clutch wrote:
Very interesting. I haven't watched in a while. I was hoping maybe she had something funky going on with the diaper on her head. I'm hella impressed by all the work you are putting into this!

Did you really just use the word "hella" ??????

I use it all the time.

And we may be fixing to see/hear it a lot more often.
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hella cool dude!! Very Happy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtyboy wrote:
I've been making more stuff for the file. I was lacking material on Pris, even though Deckard does say that there wasn't much about her in the file and that he already knew more than he wanted to...

Andy came up with this great idea, and here's what my interpretation looks like. It's a very detailed two page police report (based on a real report layout) on a 'larceny and aggravated assault' commited by an unidentified white female in an exclusive boutique downtown in the fourth sector. Also includes two CCTV photos.

I will also be adding bagged evidence collected at the scene. And I'll also be adding to the file all the clues that Deckard collects in the movie. More on that later.

Wow that came out great! Better than I imagined.

Andy
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: More items in the works Reply with quote

I have another item in the works for the file. The materials arrived today and I also ordered the hardware. Don't want to give away too much as it might not work, but if it does work out it'll be a really special piece!

Fingers crossed!
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with. Very Happy
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stuff to add Karl? You're a machine my friend, a machine I tell you!! Shocked
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Im Karl, He's Kurt! LOL!
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironfist wrote:
No Im Karl, He's Kurt! LOL!

He's Marcus actually, lol.

Neil
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed my brain needs a re-boot! It's even worst because I'm one of the person who help Marcus with the "Carte pour le pain" part of the folder Rolling Eyes
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Tom. I felt left out Crying or Very sad
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , I now have my Franklyn 365 day planner Black real leather with the correct seven rings, and it's almost identical to the shot at the start of this thread , just needs the interior stripping out and relined with the non-slip matting , the one thing it's not standard A4 , it's the standard american letter format, which means that the Whitefall files will not fit .
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:
Quote:
the one thing it's not standard A4 , it's the standard american letter format, which means that the Whitefall files will not fit .

Thats why i stepped up my efforts to find a briefcase, seemed like the perfect place to display and preserve all the files at the same time.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitefall's files that I know about are American letter sized, not A4. I am guessing you mean the ones you printed?

Andy
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Andy - OOOps ! Yes I should have said that , sorry if I misled anyone
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everything have to be so complicated. Several things are just not going well on this.

One of them being that the pages in the screen used file are definitely A4 and not US letter. The proportions when scaled to letter format are just way off. You can even tell by the positioning of the 7 holes in relation to the edges of the pages. And A4 pages will simply not fit the US letter binders.

Unfortunately, I have been completely unable to find a single A4 sized 7 ring binder. I don't think they exist any more. I have several letter sized binders and have spent over $400 in total on them including shipping but the only way to get the pages to fit would be both to scale them down AND do some shifting around of elements. What's pissing me off the most is that the 7 holes are just not going to line up with the page contents like they do in the original.

So I'm afraid there will have to be compromises Sad

Then there's the bloody glue to stick the textured rubber to the inside of the binders. I've tried three supposedly permanent, super strong, quick drying blah blah blah for rubber and leather. They have ranged from not good to complete and utter crap!

I'm also wondering if I can register copyright on this file. Sure, I can't copyright certain names I didn't create, or some of the images, but most of the text, graphics and page design and layout are my (and Jamie's) creation (even if the layouts do *resemble* what's seen in the deleted scene). From what I can tell, my work would be protected at least from some lamer slapping it onto a scanner and selling on ebay. Ebay will no longer be able to ignore my complaints about my work being copied (which has happened so many times already that I am sick of it) when I quote them the registered copyright serial number.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtiboy , you can of course copyright your own original work ,that is your absolute right under UK law , anyone resident here can and it's very simple to do - but you cannot copyright any items you add unless they are already in the public domain ( exempt) , or you have 'permission to reproduce' from the original copyright holder , acknowledgement to owners eg 'all original reproductions from the film owned by ***** copright - year of issue ' will alieviate the pressure, but will not stop any attempt to persue any action in law against you. You could probably get away with it, as most American companies have difficulty in taking leagal action in another country , but it is not impossible ,having said all that its highly improbbable that they would sue , but could at anytime - coyright lasts, in some cases for upto 70 years after the original filing, and ownership passes to the linear decendant in death. IMHO it is unlikely to happen ,but could !
If you want a more detailed explanation or copyright info PM me .

on the issue of the A4 pages to fit the franklyn 7 ring US letter binder - I used the print formatter on my PC , to reduce scanned pages of my A4 Whitefall files to print in American letter format - that worked for me and they fit quite nicely inside the folder - perhaps it might work for you ,but I do understand the issue re the holes - so it may not work but it's a sugesstion
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't plan on taking any court action against anyone that copies my stuff, but ebay will have no choice but to tell them to stop doing it regardless of where they are located.

At the moment ebay don't do anything since I have no registered copyright. They are simply not interested.

Yes, I know I'm going to have to reformat the pages which is a shame as the accuracy goes down a notch. Why they don't make A4 7 ring binders any more is beyond me.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's right, once copyrighted Ebay has a legal 'duty of care' arrangement with you if they fail to take action and fail to remove adds that are blatant copies, then they are at risk , they will have to remove all other ads that also 'seem to copying' your original again at their risk, failure to comply leaves them open to litigation for damages.

and yes I found that too - you simply can't buy an A4 7 ring binder anywhere for love nor money - 'something strange' - going on ? ?

Last edited by propsjonnyb on Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: