FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Finished Chess Set(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Finished Chess Set(s) Reply with quote

Ok , for those that are interested here's the chess set(s) finished , I say chess sets as there are two versions of key pieces , and before I start , I just like to mention two things - one intellectual property and copyright still exists for this set - so please do not write to tell me they are not exactly like Ricks 's or the film's - I know that already, so it's my artistic interpretation as I sculpted the missing pieces and two, the photo of the 'hoyles set' that is at the very start of this thread is from a few years after the film was released , so the photo set shown does not proclude the film .
Having said that my first shots show the set with the black pawn kingfishers ( my recreations) and the white wren pawns ( my original sculpt) , with a slightly more upright chained king (my original sculpt) - this is/was more like the original commercial set from the 60's, my next set shows a more ' film noir' style with now all black wren pawns to match the white and a more stooped eagle king (my original sculpt) a slightly altered bishop /owl, and a slightly altered queen - peahen/peacock . The differences are very minor and only a purist would pick them out , so my final 'film noir' version is about 95% as per the film but no where near as accurate as Ricks' who I acknowledge as producing the most film accurate copies - the chess board is an exact reproduction of the film's, though I haven't added the open frame base yet

here's the link to the photo's as I still can't get a photo to load directly to this site
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/105260106426663044266/SebastianSChessSetOriginalAndFilmNoirVersion?authkey=Gv1sRgCPaLk8CP89DyRw&feat=directlink
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go...

Hope this helps.
Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent PropJohnny! Lookin' cool Cool
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Totally awesome.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome and very interesting! Are you planning to made it available as a kit or so?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: