FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enero
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: hello! Reply with quote

Hi, I joined a few days ago and just started looking around. My name is Symon. Huge fan of the BR PKD Blaster (and the movie, of course). And pretty much most anything Sci-Fi from my generation.

Just wanted to say hi to y'all! Hope I'll enjoy my stay, so far from what I've seen it's a lot more pleasant then other places I've visited Smile
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was planning to join back when Tom & Pete first opened the board, but a couple of computer crashes put that on hold Rolling Eyes Laughing

I'm glad you guys have decided to concentrate on BLADE RUNNER--great timing!

I've been on various boards for a few years now, and I'm an administrator over at the Blaster Builders Club. I have quite a few interests, but Dr Who, Star Wars, Galactica, Firefly and Blade Runner are at the top of the list!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hey Hey!!! Welcome guys! I have been away since most of last week due to a nice Thanksgiving vacation

It is good to always have familiar faces as well as new faces joining up

The BBC has always been a place I enjoy browsing Unfortunately, I never feel I have enough time to actually build one...lol Possibly in 18 years when my son is in college. Until that time, please keep your site up and running

Otherwise, glad to see all of you here!

Tom
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I attached a brief intro to another post, and then noticed this. Doh! Haha, anyhow my name is Seth and I'm a prop fan (hi Seth) I'm mainly into SW although I recently added a few new series BSG items to my collection. I've been a BR fan since I was ten (probably too young for BR, oh well) and I think my first BR prop will be the snub nose PKD, even though its a custom. Cool My next related want is a cordial set with the multi-color ring shot glasses, but for aesthetic I'm holding out for a full set to put at my bar. Aside from the collecting I do vac-forming and am going to build a pressure caster as soon as I work up a few sculpts so I have something to cast. Cheers!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seth,

The shot glasses are pretty common and show up on ebay all the time. I have two sets I picked up for less than $20 each and one with the chrome globe dispenser. I also have some singles I picked up for less than a buck at the thrift store. You just can't find them by looking under Blade Runner stuff Wink. Good luck.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Seth!

Welcome to the community I too remember watching Blade Runner when I was way to you I will always remember the scene where Deckard has his fingers broken by Batty! Will always be a vivid memory of mine.

Anyway, good luck with cordial set and Happy Holidays!!!

Tom
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: An introduction Reply with quote

Hello , My name is Paul and I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada...BIG fan of Blade Runner and feel that Star Wars is truely a landmark film as well ...though I cant stand ewoks and bug eyed geeks.hahah ...
I am currently workin on my first Blaster kit ( all metal , sid) and really have had my eyes open to all kinds of posabilities in collecting due to sites like this ...
I too started with a star trek trio kit as a kid and in my haste in the back seat of my pops wagon made an utter mess of the bridge kit ...hahah I think it was the GLUE but ...
Yes well I drive old cars and sing in a local act ...ya the IGNITERS ! I also spend an unreasonable amount of time buying and selling on ebay.
I have a good eye for antiques and collectables and in Edmonton the market has not entirely been swarmed yet so if yer lookin fer something ....let me know and I'll do what I can to help.
As well if ya have any intresting BR prop stuff you sell get to me and maybe we can work something out ...all I have so far is the pistol and a DELUXE id card....OH and some of the shot glasses....and a 995 badge...yup thats it fer now, so help me build,
Thanks fer being here for this ....Paul
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome again Paul.

I am sure we can help you extend your collection in no time. I too have dealt with antiques and enjoy finding stuff that would exist in the BR world, even if not seen in the movie. I personally have 9 blasters, some unbuilt yet and am working on getting more when I can afford. I always have extras of some of the more common stuff such as the novel books and VHS tapes. I also have some snakepit bar matches that I might be willing to trade. When I don't have money to collect the props I collect information about them. That I offer up free to anybody who needs it.

Happy hunting,
Andy
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Great to hear ! Reply with quote

Well Andy Maybe we can make a deal ....need any of the soundtracks?
or a shot glass maybe ?
let me know.....Paul
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the soundtracks...at least MP3s of them (I am a member of the BR sountrack yahoo group)...I also have several sets of the shotglasses. Except for the high end stuff there is very little I am looking for. Maybe the may 82' Omni magazine. Also the four disc DVD set of the movies and extras. I just keep bidding on them untill I get them at my price. This reminds me I may have to update my List at BladeZone sometime...
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Maybe this helps... Reply with quote

Well I purchased a 4 ( or is it 5 ?) disc set with extras a while back and the guy selling em is great to deal with and seems like a great guy ...the discs have a ton of stuff like syd mead art ,documentries, scripts , soundtracks ....the BOOTLEG "workprint'!...al packeged in cases with art and the whole deal ...
I dont think he'll mind me passing along his email ....
groundbloomflower@earthlink.net
I snapped the "workprint" taking it outta the case and he said he would send me another copy ( dont hear that too often) ...good luck
* I would really dig a pack of those matches
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the set I am looking for...How much did you pay for it? PM your Address and I will try to send you a pack...would customs have a problem with it since it is flamable? ...if I send it regular Flat mail? LMK
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

workprint! workprint! Egads!
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: WORKPRINT! Reply with quote

Ya ...WORKPRINT ....though dont get too excited ,It looks as if it was shot with a then average camera held at the side of the patron...pointed at a crazy angle to the screen yet still .....as close to being at the screening as I have seen ...
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Paul. They say that this is the place to be.

Rick
AlltoEasy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, the names Dan been a member over at the RPF for a while and i love props. My main focus is Firefly/Serenity stuff with some sidelines, one of which is Blade Runner.

Dan
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dan!
Harlock

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gang!

First, I'd like to thank Tom (amish) for the invite. Nice digs you guys got here!

I too am a John, but everyone just calls me Johnny or Fez. I go by the handle "Harlock" pretty much everywhere online. I've been into props since around 1998-99.

I'm married, and have two little girls. I live in Sarasota, FL, and work customer service in a pool tile store.
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Johnny!
prototype7
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

New member here... and yes, I got drawn here by the mentioning of your blaster contest over on RPF. I mean, cmon... everybody wants to see how they stack up with the crowd! Very Happy
This will honestly be my first BR prop ever. I have been a fan of the movie since I was a kid. Admittadly, not as big of a fan as some of you guys out there... but I dig it.
I am however addicted, and not completely new to, the world of props. Star Wars/Star Trek/Ghostbusters/Firefly... anything scifi I guess.
Anywho... hi to all and I'll see you on the boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: