FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Seemingly cheap, good quality Deckard shirts for under $40
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was, the Philippine shirt looks just like the Magnoli shirt which is incorrect, making them both wrong. IMO neither is worth buying unless you're just plain desperate for a BR look-alike shirt.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I guess we missed that point from you. Despite some color and scale issues they are pretty accurate, and I may still pick up one of the "Phillipine" shirts because it is pretty great for the price. I also have both of the ties, and the costumebase tie I got is knit, but also a lot smaller than the Magnoli tie. I wouldn't recommend them for serious collectors that are perfectionists, but as a Halloween or Cosplay costume, they seem more than good enough.

Andy
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanked by the best, I bow to thee, oh great ones. Embarassed
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man. I meant to put some Wink emoticons in there.

I am cool with peoples opinions on stuff, and encourage people to express themselves, albeit respectufully. I just hope that people can also use this place as a resource for information, and need for us to try and keep things as factual as possible, or use this place as a group force to uncover the truth.

Andy
Metrokab
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the shirt in the post (very speedy service from Singapore, so I have to hand it to Costumebase on that point).

Based on the stills I've seen on the web, the print is a bit less "crisp" than the Magnoli version. Is it based on a direct scan of Magnoli's fabric? It's hard to tell, but for some reason the roughness of the print seems a bit closer to the hero shirt worn by Harrison Ford. All the various pink and blue elements blend to a sort of "plum" color, which I wasn't expecting.

It seems to be constructed about as well as a typical off-the-rack shirt you'd find in a department store. So, it's a wearable item.

My $.02 on the subject.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of the shirt would be fun Wink
Metrokab
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Pics of the shirt would be fun Wink

Good point! I'll make it happen.
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metrokab wrote:
I just received the shirt in the post (very speedy service from Singapore, so I have to hand it to Costumebase on that point).

Based on the stills I've seen on the web, the print is a bit less "crisp" than the Magnoli version. Is it based on a direct scan of Magnoli's fabric? It's hard to tell, but for some reason the roughness of the print seems a bit closer to the hero shirt worn by Harrison Ford. All the various pink and blue elements blend to a sort of "plum" color, which I wasn't expecting.

It seems to be constructed about as well as a typical off-the-rack shirt you'd find in a department store. So, it's a wearable item.

My $.02 on the subject.

Metrokab so you received the shirt safe and sound, good! the point you make about the roughness of the fabric print is correct! this is what makes the difference between this shirt and the magnoli version, the muted blues and pinks make a big difference.
I would have felt to conspicuous wearing the magnoli outside, its a bit to flamboyant and garish in the colour stakes for my taste, the diagonal grid pattern stands out to strong! (imho) the hero and the costumebase shirt are more subtle and toned down.
What I've found is after wearing and washing the CB shirt a couple of times it starts to look more screen accurate, that straight out the bag smell goes quickly after hanging in the garden for a few hours.
I managed to locate locally some ruby red buttons to add to the shirt, and a local seamstress will be redoing the stitching on the chest, collar and cuffs in a thicker thread.
Apart from that for the money you can't fault the attempt at producing an affordable and wearable screen shirt! that is in the price range of the average fan. I would rather have this than spend the extra on a more expensive and in my view incorrect shirt.
My 2pennies worth!

PS. there is currently another company offering replica trench coats, cheaper than costumebase (blimey!) based in Shanghai China. I contacted them to see if they would be doing a replica of Deckards aztec and oval shirts and his tie? even sending them a few images, but they stated it would be far to expensive to produce the required printed fabric? I mentioned that there are fans worldwide who would love to have a really affordable screen accurate shirt, but to no avail, though they can still produce a cheaper trench than costumebase though, strange that?
Cheers!
nexus42
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: