FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
What do you think this is worth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: What do you think this is worth? Reply with quote

In light of recent events regarding the price of Blade Runner associated items, id like to try something a little different in terms of gaining some knowledge.
The reality for me is that if i want to grow my collection, the collection will have to finance it and i dont really want to break it up so i am thinking, only thinking,
of selling my complete Deckard costume.

I dont have a problem saying this is the best Deckard costume that has ever been put together outside the original.
It comprises of,

Coat made by Racheal, in showroom condition and no longer available.

Deckards "western" style shirt. This was also made by Racheal and is the only one she made and the only one i have seen outside the original.

The blue and pink dot shirt made by Indy Magnoli.

The only correctly coloured tie available, have never seen another.

A pristine pair of addidas officials supplied with the correct laces and original box and laces, size 8.

A pair of pants that are the exact duplicate of the brown pair worn in the film, even have the same goofy cuffs.

Phil S movie correct holster, also in pristine condition.

Wallet containing the rare Blade Runner badge with the "Los Angeles Police" tag and full of all wallet stuffers available including movie accurate snake scale and evidence bag.

Superbly made "Independant Sentinal" newspaper from Japan.

Deckards Zero briefcase containing the complete Whitefall Dossier set.

Completed resin Blaster, no leds.

The now very hard to get LED umbrella.

A silver Microma, three button ,functioning watch with movie correct adjustable band and original, plush, 80s case.

Brown belt, not movie correct.

Now i have posted this because i want to get a broad opinion of what this complete costume is worth from the Blade Runner community direct.

It may never even be listed but it is a growing thought in my mind, so many more projects to start and finish. I already have a price in my head and i only list items "Buy it now" so there will be no bidding wars, just want to hear from fellow fans, there are no other examples of such a detailed Deckard costume to compare with.

For pictures of all the items just search complete deckard costume either here or the rpf

What do you think?

Tim.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tim, my first thought was: why in the world do you want to sell that costume (near perfection as you/others here/RPF have mentioned in the past)? Shocked ...but then again, I have sold stuff I loved very much for reasons that, at the time, made sense (bills to pay, other projects, life in general).
To say that there will be no bidding war is maybe optimistic but just for the fun of it I'll give you my estimate taking into consideration the rarity of some of the items and or the cost of replacing such items (as we have seen these last few days, the Microma is going for a crazy price)...$3000.
There, I said it Wink an estimate.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be limited to those who will fit the costume, unless they want it strictly for display.
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEEP IT, for God's sake !!!

Tim, more seriously, don't sell it, you'll regret this forever... my 2 cents...

Fred
Hasenbrau
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah keep it so I don't have to mortgage my house in an attempt to buy it from you! Wink
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worth whatever someone will pay for it Wink It is very difficult to come up with a price for something like this. You could add up all the prices you paid for all the stuff in it and add 20% for a good baseline. And for top dollar you could multiply that by 3 to 5 times. Prices will fluctuate with this stuff a lot, as you saw with the JW bottles and now the Microma watches. Timing would be everything in order to get top dollar for it. That and making sure the right people are bidding against each other on it. It might be worth putting it on Etsy and putting a top dollar price on it, and just see what kind of interest you get for it. I would say what ever is the price you would be willing to part with it, and then at least double it for starters. You will get a bunch of people accusing of being crazy, and even trying to compare it to the cosplay stuff, but you may also get some genuine attention, and at least some broad feedback on it.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to give some input guys, i guess you represent the BR community.
Fred, your clarity is much appreciated and J, an actual estimate from you carries much weight.

On the very rare times i have listed items on ebay, its strictly Buy it now as i already know what i want for it and am happy to accept that, if this is listed, it would probably be the same arrangment, there can be obvious downfalls to this but it works for me. Alternately, i could list the starting bid as my Buy it now price, would be high but would only leave the serious players in the game, all speculation at this point anyway.

To me, the recent black microma sale cannot be releated to any real prop estimates, it cannot releate to any watch collecting estimates either, its just, well, #%@!@# crazy. It seemed appropriate to try and gauge from the people who have at least an interest in the subject, i know its just not about a blaster, an opinion on the value of something special, thanks again J.

I think you can rest easy Fred, i`ll probably be bumping into it everyday, no space, for a while to come.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Tim...glad it'll stay with you a while longer Wink
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim I may be having a brain freeze but I swore you said you went ahead and listed stuff on Ebay. I searched every blade runner way and could not find anything.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, havent listed anything for a while, was talking about the last couple of years.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim ,
Personally , I wouldn't sell, given that you have taken so much time to assessble such a fine collection , as Rachel is not making anything nowadays, you have a number of unique items which in my opinion is better that the current commercial copies you can get from Abbeyshot or Magnoli or anyone else for that matter, what's it worth , what a collector is willing to pay to get it ! I agree with Joberg as a baseline but in my opinion you'd have a bidding war with collectors who'd give their right arms to have such a thing. Keep it , enjoy it and be secire in the knowledge that quite a few others would covet it - myself included .
John
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it Tim. You will regret it otherwise.

If not, let's talk payment plan Very Happy Very Happy

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: