FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Modifying the "Marco" style Blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Modifying the "Marco" style Blaster Reply with quote

Well over a year ago my friend and fellow filmmaker Ryan leaves this knarled hunk of resin at my house.

As is, no triggers, no nothing. He mentioned that he got it off of Ebay really cheap a long time ago, and was just planning to toss it.

We had both recently aquired some nice, top of line hartfords, so he didn't care to keep it. I guess he forgot it on purpose Smile

Now, I had 2 RAC's, and had gotten some other solid resin replicas before, including a Marco. I was pretty satisfied with my collection as is. I wasn't much interested in it either, but for some reason I never threw it away. Just stashed in one of my many rubbermaid bins full of prop odds and ends.

Last week though, I found it again and decided to see if I can have a go at making it look cooler and more "accurate". Yeah, I laughed too.

So, I drew up some plans in Illustrator.

Found a couple of triggers I thought might look cool.

These are both from airsoft USP's. One is metal, the other plastic.

I plan to start working on this over the weekend. I've been jonesing for a good kit (rickrossrickross) but won't have the money to buy a good kit for about a week, so I decided to move on this.

I only need half a reason to fire up the dremel anyway.

I have not decided on a paint scheme though. Any suggestions?

And guys, feel free to post pictures of your Marco style blasters in this thread. It's an ugly beast of a "replica" but she's part of the family none the less!

Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marco looks a little awkward, like many of the very early semi-automatic pistols (and even the Cold War era Soviet ones).

Maybe go with the traditional paint scheme for the "metal" parts, but instead of the black "plastic" pieces (ammo clip, etc) and grips, use a reddish brown color to simulate Bakelite?

And very weathered, of course! Laughing
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Marco is awkward looking, and it's the same to hold it, and point it. The more accurate guns feel much better in the hand. This thing is HUGE too. It's sort of the Desert Eagle of the family. It's about as big as one.
Shocked
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it needs a few more generations of recasting to get to "normal" size? Laughing
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my pulse rifles has a trigger that has a built in electrical switch. i keep forgetting to pull it and take a look to see if there is amanufacturer stamp on the trigger switch. be a cool addition to any BR pistol. I'm about tired of the slide off/on switches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: