FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
alt.fan.blade-runner FAQ 4.2.1 - new way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: alt.fan.blade-runner FAQ 4.2.1 - new way! Reply with quote

I'm not a one project man, I must admit... so, there is another one in my hands. Host the official Blade Runner FAQ from alt.fa.blade-runner, added as assistant editor (thankyou Lukas!), and converted it to Wordpress format to integrate in my site.

This new format permits, of course, more cosmetic enhancement, including styles, pictures, videos, etc.

For now, the main job was to cut and paste everything in the last official version, 4.2, and put them in the new location. Some addings, minor changes and so on (4.2.1 numbered).

Final Cut will be the major upgrade addition when time permits, of course, and some more exciting additions, like a Props devoted one, OF COURSE!!!!

All contributions are welcomed, thru this thread, or private message, or direct email, no matter.

Main goal is to have another way to do things and store this valuable data, out of Usenet realms (I respect so much!). Web access is global, so, I think this movement will be good for this document to survive.

Here you have the first draft of the FAQ:

http://www.mybladerunner.com/blade-runner-faq-4-2-1/

Changes and additions planned are:

- All the Film editions in media: VHS, Beta, LaserDisc, DVD, BluRay and other medias known. International editions, from USA to Japan. Only with Final Cut I have more than 40 editions or so…. Could be interesting for people to see differences between them.
- All the bootlegs of Vangelis work and related.
- Final Cut, of course.
- Future Noir, new edition (2007).
- Origami explained (from the very own Olmos words!).
- Props section. The object as a character. And curiosities like the Millenium Falcon in the Hades and blimp scenes…
- Some updates in Blade Runner games.
- DADoES new comics and related.
- Philip K Dick complete bibliography and related.
- Related to Final Cut 5 Disc edition and props, an explanation about how to rip the complete set, frame by frame. A minor section, but and interesting process, IMHO.
- New book by Syd Mead (Sentury II) and complete bio and works from him.
- Auctions around Blade Runner screen used stuff, like the hero blaster, the last spinner and so on.
- Extreme fans.
- Update in the Internet section: forums, lists, fan sites and so.

and…. whatever!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Joan, great work Shocked Cool
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Joan. And, you know I would be happy to contribute with my AFBR pals. I will let you host my Blaster FAQ and timeline too if you wish, as long as we can attribute it back to propsummit. I need to photograph more of my collection too.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Sounds great Joan. And, you know I would be happy to contribute with my AFBR pals. I will let you host my Blaster FAQ and timeline too if you wish, as long as we can attribute it back to propsummit. I need to photograph more of my collection too.

Andy

I'll be happy to host you Blaster FAQ as well! Of course!!! And take photos, take... will need them for the book.... Very Happy

I hope will put a note with technical specifications for the book. Due the big size will be, pictures must have some requirements, but... for now, we talk about FAQ's, a great addition to any BR discussion.

Oh, credits are granted EVER to their owners, also resource sites and so. If you checked the FAQ, I only appears as Assistant Editor, current copyright owner is Lukas Mariman. I'm happy with this!

Main goal is to preserve this valuable data and I think having it in several hosts is better than one. Isn't? Very Happy

So... My public sites are in a pair of hosts (US and Germany) and some backups done in two more hosts too... Despite my own local copies in several media (now I have my data in more than a dozen hard drives... near 8Tb of data...). Online data is not so secure, but is a good addition...

FRACK! STOP ME TALKING PLEASE!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: