FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's true that Cushing was more difficult to copy...I wouldn't see a prob with Sean Young

Except that she's still alive....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Well, ILM did a great job at recreating Mof Tarkin and a younger Princess Leia in RO...so a character I wouldn't mind seeing is Sean Young Wink

I am guessing by Sean Young you don't necessarily mean as her character Rachael, but another replicant that bears her youthful likeness? Since she is still alive she could appear as Rachael, but I think the main reason Sean would not be in the film is her reputation. There are also laws protecting an actors likeness, so in all those CGI resurrections, the person or family had to give permission (look up the lawsuit with Crispen Glover with the production of Back to the Future 2). Shawn would insist on being a part of the film I am sure. Unfortunately she has burned way too many bridges in Hollywood, and has a reputation as being very difficult or too unpredictable to deal with, which probably extends into just getting permission to use her likeness. I also seriously doubt they would spend the money for that kind of work on what is low budget by a Disney/Star Wars films standard. What I could see being done though is having other new young actresses that bear a resemblance to her. The precedent is already in the first film with Morgan Paull being chosen for his resemblance to Harrison Ford. The replicants can come from the same stock, but not necessarily be identical.

Andy
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vader wrote:
joberg wrote:
Well, ILM did a great job at recreating Mof Tarkin and a younger Princess Leia in RO...so a character I wouldn't mind seeing is Sean Young Wink

Weelll... They did bang-up job of re-creating Peter Cushing's looks, but not so much of replicating the character that he gave Tarkin. The fellow wearing the digital mask vas a very poor voice match, and utterly unable to emulate Cushing's extremely precise use of English. I found the experience jarring.

I'd hate it if they did something similar to Rachel...

You think? I think that it was the film's only mis-step. They're still not quite there with the mouth movement, yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: