FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Leon's COP 357 - Mother's Defender

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomcse
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Leon's COP 357 - Mother's Defender Reply with quote

Okay, so I searched an searched for a thread so I wouldn't tick anybody off by creating a new one...and I found nothing...

So...if this should be somewhere else, please feel free to move it or merge it.

I've been looking for a COP .357 and currently Racprops is working on one that I will buy. In the meantime, I wanted to get one of the Marushin COP Airsoft versions, and they're nigh impossible to find.

I managed to find one in Black with a bright orange painted tip. What a hassle to scrape off that stuff was!

Here are before and after photos of what I was able to do with some Testor's Stainless Steel Metalizer Buffing spray paint on the black airsoft gun.

Started: Marushin Airsoft COP 357 in Black (these photos of the black gun were taken of someone elses COP. I don't know who they are and can't give them credit. If it's you, let me know and I'll post credit for the photos of the black COP. Mine got painted with the Testor's before I thought to take a "before image"):

And here it is after painting the handles wood-tone and the body in Stainless Steel:

I've seen images of the real gun and the grips need more wood grain detail on them. I'll work on that and post when I'm done if anyone is interested.

I'm LOVING this airsoft gun. It's metal, heavy, bright, and ... I think I'll go make a plaque for it. w00t!!

Dave

Last edited by gomcse on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Dave, if I'm not mistaken the airsoft one is different than the real one (thinner I believe...I'm sure someone will chime to confirm).
Good paint job for sure(wich brand did you use?) and please, post again for us to see the improved grip
gomcse
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
TFS Dave, if I'm not mistaken the airsoft one is different than the real one (thinner I believe...I'm sure someone will chime to confirm).
Good paint job for sure(wich brand did you use?) and please, post again for us to see the improved grip

Joberg: Yes, the airsoft is different than the real one. Eltee posted about that and shared photos. Actually, the real one is thinner than the Airsoft gun by about 1/4 inch (or more).

Here is the link: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1838

As for the paint, I used Testor's Stainless Steel Metalizer Buffing 3 oz Spray for the body. Light coats applied from at least 12 inches away, starting off the gun and ending off the gun. I let it dry overnight, then lightly buffed it out with a soft buffing cloth.

For the grips I used chocolate brown primer and then made a thin black wash to go over it.

Here is the real one I tried to copy:

And for comparison, here is mine:

But here are the grips I want instead (I think they look better):

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: