FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Anyone familiar with www.blast-tech.com?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Anyone familiar with www.blast-tech.com? Reply with quote

Just discovered www.blast-tech.com the other day. A few people over at therpf.com had mentioned it in some older threads, and it seems to be a good source for replicas of Han Solo's blasters.

The copyright at the bottom of the page is dated 2003, and I haven't received a reply to the email I sent them yet. Just wondering if anyone knows whether this site is still active and, if so, if anyone's ever purchased anything from them.
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea if it's still active, but I've bought a couple of things from him in the past--no problems at all.
RedArc
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is still active and you get great Solo blasters there for an fair price .
It takes quite some time before he answers , because its an one man show , but you get for sure your order !

Hope that helps
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies. I am set to purchase a custom replica from a seller on ebay for $490 all included, but after I saw what was available on blast-tech.com, I was wondering if I should disregard the ebay item and go the other route instead, as the price is significantly less. Also, the item on ebay has a few inaccuracies (dial on scope, knob where silver circle should be, wrong scope mount). See images:

Also, whereas I thought this was a real Mauser, am I correct in assuming the diamond-shaped logo on the side is an indication that this is actually a Denix, like the ones offered at blast-tech?

So, is it worth trying to go through blast-tech, or just go ahead with the ebay item? Thoughts?
RedArc
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that money you can buy the more accurate MR ANH blaster for the same price .

I would order one from Blast tech in fact its also an denix and the price is much lower !
The blast tech blaster has an resin scope and flash hider but you can change that easy with metal parts , mostly offered on RPF , later on if you want .

You can also buy an denix and do the conversion for yourself , there are a lot of tutorials on RPF .
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RedArc... you've been very helpful in a couple threads already Smile. As a new member and someone who's new to this hobby in general, I appreciate the help and generosity.

Re-checking blast-tech.com, it looks as though the parts you mentioned are now made from machined aluminum. From what I can see, the only part not made from metal is the telescope mounting cradle, which is injection-molded PVC. I'm assuming more aluminum is a good thing?
RedArc
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More metal is always good ^^

I had an Denix ESB blaster , made by myself , with resin parts and it had an reallly nice weight .

Good luck with your buy

Last edited by RedArc on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedArc wrote:
More metal is always good ^^

Good luck with your buy

Ditto to that. I did business w/ blast-tech a few months ago (lightsaber parts mostly) and I was pleasantly surprised at the relative quickness of the responses that I got, and the turn-around time. I imagine their blaster stuff is very reasonable as well. Very Happy
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... well now I've put myself in a bit of a bind. The seller on ebay asked me to click the "buy now" button but not pay, so as to allow him to find out what the shipping costs would be first (I thought it was just to show I was seriously considering buying the item). Being a bit of an ebay virgin (and, apparently, a sucker) I didn't realize until later that I'm now contractually obligated to buy the item, unless the seller lets me off the hook. Embarassed

If I decide to go the blast-tech route and the seller holds me to my bid, my only "out" is that his description claims the item to be made from real pistol parts, but as mentioned above, it would appear to be a Denix (i.e., not real, right?)

Anway... just frustrated that I acted without thinking, and that I found a website offering a better item for less money AFTER I bid Wink

Oh well, whatever happens, thanks to everyone for the responses. Worst case scenario, if I hear back from blast-tech, I may order a new scope and mount to make the blaster more accurate.

Daddy Solo, how long did it take you to hear back from the website?
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I recall, it wasn't more than a few days... tops. Shipping was just a few days as well. John seems like a nice guy. Give him a try if you want to upgrade some of your parts.
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Daddy. It's nice to know there's a resource out there should I want to upgrade parts in the future.
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd pass along some info. I just got a reply from John, and he informed me that he no longer offers the completed blaster, but that the conversion kits are still available (though he said he was out of stock on some parts).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: