FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
New 'Nostromo' trousers replicas...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: New 'Nostromo' trousers replicas... Reply with quote

All,
Magnoli Clothiers now has "Nostromo" crew trousers replicas. They look pretty good on his website, in their photos. Can't wait until I get a pair!
The "mark II" crew shirt is very well replicated; received one a couple months ago from his store.
BR26354
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! TFS with the board
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Cool! TFS with the board

You are welcome!
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I ordered one of his Nostromo crew shirts many moons ago and I was disappointed by the result... Many details weren't right.

Fred
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred,
Yeah; as I said, I got the "markII": I'm no former ALIEN cast or crew member--but it looks pretty frickin' good, to my eyes.
Randall
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry then, I didn't thought M2 was an improved M1.

Fred
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
Oh, sorry then, I didn't thought M2 was an improved M1.

Fred

No problem; I'm just a fan and collector like most folks here. I posted in case folks would be interested--and to get feedback. I am as interested in accuracy as many people who are fans, are interested in accurate replicas.
I don't know who the person or individuals are who initially got Magnoli to reproduce the crew trousers--they look real accurate though. (Thank You mystery fans LOL).
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pants look good!
I didn't know there were 2 versions of the shirt either. I just looked at the site and it only shows 1. Is that the "Mk 2" you were talking about?

I was thinking of ordering one for my birthday next month. Very Happy
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superjedi wrote:
The pants look good!
I didn't know there were 2 versions of the shirt either. I just looked at the site and it only shows 1. Is that the "Mk 2" you were talking about?

I was thinking of ordering one for my birthday next month. Very Happy

Superjedi--he has the same "thumbnail" as the first version shirt. Open that up, on the Product Page he has the New photos of the "mark 2" up.
Yep the trousers look like, well, the costumes in ALIEN.
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see the difference in the shirt now. Looks like the chest pockets are a bit more squared off so they're more straight across the bottom of the flap.
Thanks, BR!
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superjedi, you are welcome--just passing on information to folks who may be interested!
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must now, 11 August 2011, "caveat" this announcement by saying that I ordered my Magnoli "Nostromo" replica trousers 8 months ago, but have not received them yet. Caveat Emptor on these for now...
Brownclaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eight MONTHS ago?!?!?
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownclaw wrote:
Eight MONTHS ago?!?!?

Yes; however my items are finally being completed, and presumably shipped to me...he had a LOT of orders backed-up, plus his production staff was jerking him around, as much as they were screwing me over...so finally it's coming together for me. I'll post detailed pics, here, when I receive the items.
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR26354, sorry to here about your trouser woes! 8 months is a unacceptably long time to wait!
I've looked at the trousers and in my personal opinion, the belt loops need to be longer and the lower pouches seem to small and are missing zippers? they also seem to have gained flaps? alright not so important if you are only paying £60 but when you're forking out $350 you expect greater attention to detail and a faster turn around in production.

Randy from San Diego (SG-RB) over on the RPF has produced some great screen accurate pants, quite a few people own his replica Nostromo trousers.
Including..... stephen210.....he photographed the original crew pants in Bob Burns collection!
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexus42 wrote:
BR26354, sorry to here about your trouser woes! 8 months is a unacceptably long time to wait!
I've looked at the trousers and in my personal opinion, the belt loops need to be longer and the lower pouches seem to small and are missing zippers? they also seem to have gained flaps? alright not so important if you are only paying £60 but when you're forking out $350 you expect greater attention to detail and a faster turn around in production.

Randy from San Diego (SG-RB) over on the RPF has produced some great screen accurate pants, quite a few people own his replica Nostromo trousers.
Including..... stephen210.....he photographed the original crew pants in Bob Burns collection!

nexus 42--yeah it has been a long time; thank you. I'll see when I get them how accurate they are; and again I'll share pics, in detail. Thanks for the information hmm I'll have to go on there and find the fellow.
BR26354
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall in the Alien Nostomo uniform section on the RPF, check out page 10
#242....... there is a photo showing a pair of Randys Nostromo crew trousers.
Brownclaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the thing that gets me about the shirts (not just the ones for sale, but the other replicas I see), is the fact that apart from Parker's, they're not really white at all.

Look at the scene where Lambert tells the crew they have 10 months till Earth - Dallas's shirt is VERY off white.

I've kinda always gone with this approach with my own versions of the shirts and so soak them in hot water with 4 or 5 teabags first LOL. It works surprisingly well!
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownclaw wrote:
You know the thing that gets me about the shirts (not just the ones for sale, but the other replicas I see), is the fact that apart from Parker's, they're not really white at all.

Look at the scene where Lambert tells the crew they have 10 months till Earth - Dallas's shirt is VERY off white.

I've kinda always gone with this approach with my own versions of the shirts and so soak them in hot water with 4 or 5 teabags first LOL. It works surprisingly well!

You have a point, the uniforms had a very well-used, dirty look to them. Brilliant idea on dirtying them up!
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownclaw wrote:

Brownclaw I've always felt the same concerning the crews shirts, I have a vintage 70's short sleeve shirt in the same cream, the costumes all seem to use the pastel colours that were popular around the mid to late 1970's.

Check out the pictures of Dallas's screen used shirt in the "Nostromo crew jacket" thread! half way down the page, the material used for these shirts by Nathan and Berman appears to be a heavy duty natural linen or cotton? and the creamy yellow is very apparent!
Ash and Bretts, clothing use "seafoam" green! and flight officers Ripley, Kane, Lambert and Dallas use that natural creamy yellow, on shirts and tee's, all trimmed in another favourite of the day, pastel pink!
Parkers appears to be the only white shirt there? Possibly another uniform division between the bridge officers and grease monkeys in the ships bowels? mind you its ironic that Weylan Yutani allocate the whitest shirt to someone who works in the dirtiest part of the Nostromo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Alien Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: