FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Total Recall remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police uniforms are supposed to be "clean", the wear and tear" are usually on the belt, pouches and sometimes the gun (well, not so much on a Glock). The big cities are polluted and grimy so do cars also...heck, to quote a French philosopher: "our world was build on decay, the decay of other societies, animals, humans, forests, etc." It's supposed to look used and abused: no perfection nor aseptic concept exists (unless you're Apple :wink:or the concept of God, or Virgin Mary : untouched, clean/perfect )...but that's another discussion altogether!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that police gear is supposed to be taken good care of, but there are subtle things that you can see telling you that a uniform is not a brand new one, and one that has been worn and washed a couple times at least. The same with the vehicles...even if it is just some finger prints and dirt on the tires. Most of it isn't onbvious, but can me noticed if at least subliminally. It makes the it look like it comes from the world it exists in.

Andy
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: MAKING IT REAL Reply with quote

Years ago, I used to attend the annual Chicago Show, an international competition, initially for the exhibiting of military miniatures - model aircraft, armour, figures, etc. - which over the years expanded to include fantasy and sci-fi. Many here are familiar, I'm sure.

The work - the talent exhibited was/is amazing. And while the builds of pristine aircraft, tanks and such were fascinating, it was the dioramas or the displays of weathered and damaged vehicles (no matter how subtle) that really stood out - that looked real. The pristine had its admirers, but often seemed to pale in comparison.

- R13
Crowley
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I see that police armor/uniform, I can't help but think of the Sith troopers in Knights of the Old Republic:

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Crowley, the overall look is pretty similar
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Aesthetic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: