FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Long-time BR fan, newly-joined PS member

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Long-time BR fan, newly-joined PS member Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've already been posting around here elsewhere since I registered yesterday, but figured I should post here and share a little about myself.

First off, although I'm a new member to this particular prop forum, I am not new to the prop hobby in general.

Don't know the membership here yet, but I'm sure there are probably at least a couple folks from some of the other eight or nine forums I frequent that know me here, lol.

Been involved in this hobby for over ten years now, having started out with Star Trek. Phasers and Tricorders, oh my!

Originally dabbled in just the TNG-and-after props at first, but then I got hit with the TOS Phaser bug, and have since been expanding more on that portion of my collection.

Now I'm up to three Classic Tricorders (Horsch Science, AA/DST Medical & Geological) and I think eight (mostly unbuilt) Phasers, if I'm not mistaken. The only ones done up so far are my two JTK Crapazoids.

Still gotta work on building my three Rshanko fiberglass kits, plus a couple 23C's and a "mystery" kit.

Anyhoo, focused on the Star Trek props for a while, then in the last couple years started branching out into other franchises. Still all sci-fi stuff, though (HALO, Doctor Who, TRON, Galaxy Quest). Just can't get away from the genre, lol.

It's fun doing what I do, and although my collection's not what it used to be (had to sell off some choice pieces during tough times), I'm pleased to say it's getting there once again.

Oh, and the better pieces of my collection can be seen at the link in my profile, for anyone interested.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Erik,

Good to have you here.

Andy
amfx74
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Propsummit Erik, you will find plenty here.

Alastair
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Eric...glad to see the quote by J.Layton (I'm in Ottawa as you know Wink )
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have you here, Eric.
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Long-time BR fan, newly-joined PS member Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas Smile

And Joberg, always nice to meet another Canadian prop enthusiast. Don't see that many of us around. As we're both Ottawans, it would be kewl to meet up sometime and talk props.

Alastair, you're quite right about the amount of info to be gleaned from these forums. In the few days I've been a member, I've already learned a great deal more about some of the Blade Runner props.

I look forward to learning more, and hopefully share some BR prop acquisitions sometime soon (still working on sourcing a few).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: