FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Goldberg Arms Snub Nose Blaster Kits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Goldberg Arms Snub Nose Blaster Kits Reply with quote

FOR SALE! - Resin kits of the newest version of the Blade Runner Blaster, the QPW-SN2011 Snub Nose Blaster from Goldberg Arms.

These finely detailed kits have been designed and created from the pixel up. Designed with 3D modeling software in the computer, the patterns were then created via 3D printing, CNC milling and hand sculpting. Extreme care went into the molding and casting to produce virtually perfect castings that are nearly bubble free. The end result is a truly stunning work of Prop Art!

Here is a comparison photo of the Goldberg Arms' Snub Nose with the Tomenosuke Pro Blaster (not included!).

If by chance you've missed it, the complete build, from conceptual design through the final product has been chronicled in a build thread here:

http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2914

The kit includes all of the castings and hardware necessary to finish the Snubby. You provide the paint and glue. Each kit comes with one set of grips in your choice of material; Clear Amber, Black Rubber or Faux Ivory. Electronics for lighting the LEDs are not included.

12 pages of highly detailed instructions are included. A free digital download of the instructions is available here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B59bW--fHgl4ZDc1YzcwY2UtMzdmZC00MWY1LWE5MzctNzAyMThmMDUyMjQ4&hl=en_US

At this time the Snubby is only being offered as a kit. Finished built up blasters are not available.

There are 23 kits currently available. For grips, 12 sets of clear amber, 14 sets of faux ivory and 8 sets of black rubber are on hand. Additional sets of grips will be cast based on demand.

Price - $249 plus $18 Insured Priority Mail in the United States. Additional sets of grips may be purchased for $29 per set. The custom engraved grips shown in the build thread are not being offered at this time. Shipping is free with the purchase of two or more kits. International shipping will be quoted based on destination.

PayPal payments only please. If you would like to place an order, please PM me with your choice of grips and I will reply back with my PayPal information. Payments will only be accepted for kits that I have on hand. When this run of kits is gone, I will make more, but it could take awhile.

Shipments will be made once a week, on Saturday, for orders received the previous Saturday through Friday. Sorry, my "Day Job" just doesn't allow for the time during the week to get to the Post Office.

Thank you for your interest!

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"

Last edited by DaveG on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: I'll take one!! :) Reply with quote

Let me be the first to toast this launch! Amazing work

I'd like to order one with black grips please. . If you shoot me a confirmation of order email with shipping costs to the UK I will make the payment to you.

Many many thanks!

Michael

Last edited by seesinsilhouette on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael!

Everyone else, please PM me with your order. Don't post your email here. I don't want to run the risk of someone hacking your request with false payment info.

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the thing..

I've just got in from work (its 12 midnight) and I find a box waiting on my desk. Needless to say I make short work of opening it because inside is Dave's new Snubby..!

I've been at this game for over three decades and I have to say this is possibly the most exquisitely produced kit I've ever laid my eyes on. Not only is each edge as crisp and sharp as a blade, the cleanup is quite literally laughable. I have gone through each element carefully and discovered only a single bubble (the mag housing) but for the rest, this is exactly what you see fella's - a magnificent piece of work that is every bit as perfect as Dave's photographs would lead us to believe.

Due to a heavy workload I won't get to building this for a little while, but I'd like to thank you Dave for what you've done here. Its fantastic and it will undoubtedly take its place alongside my Rick Ross and Sidkit worldcon and it will love it there!

Highest regards and warmest thanks

MARK

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Staar...eager to see what you'll do with it; having seen your work grace this board before, no need to say that I'm very impatient to see the results Wink
As for the quality of the product, it is and will be up to par with a Tome kit (one day): hardly any or no flash nor holes, easy to assemble the pieces together. Dave sure did a A+ job on that one for sure Cool
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, glad you're happy with the kit. I look forward to seeing photos of your build up.

Dave

DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little update... there are still a few kits from the first run available. Some of the molds have broken down so I'll need to make new molds in order to do another run of kits. But I won't have the time to do this until after the first of the year. This is by way of saying, if you were thinking of the Snubby as the perfect Christmas gift for the Blade Runner fan in your life (or yourself), don't delay!

Another note about the next run, the clip holder and clip are likely to be molded in one piece. The double set of three part molds was just way too time consuming to redo again. This will mean no removable clip for LED conversion. So if you were thinking about adding electronics a first run kit is the only practical option.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Dave
EricC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colors of grip do you have left?

Thanks.
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricC. wrote:
What colors of grip do you have left?

Thanks.

PM Sent

DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Only two kits left! Reply with quote

I am down to my last two snub nose kits from the first run. When these are gone... I will make more, but I don't know when. And these are definitely the last to have the removable ammo clip. So if you've been one the fence about getting one...

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you. I don't have the $ at all right now Sad...I guess I will have to wait and get the non removable version.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have the funds either, but my question to Dave is: even with the new clip, how difficult it would be to make it LED friendly?
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Don't have the funds either, but my question to Dave is: even with the new clip, how difficult it would be to make it LED friendly?

Tricky, but not impossible. It'll take a lot of carefull grinding and modification, including creating empy spaces for the batteries and electronics.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Dave
Robotprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks Dave!
Can't wait to build it, with a few modifications of course. Wink
Once the deal on the house goes through and we get moved in and then we're away for Christmas and then.....
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, what are sayin' Robotprops ...Way to tease us!
Robotprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, off the top of my head, I'm thinking a metal barrel and hardware. I would love to do a metal grip frame with working triggers too.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohh that kind of customizing Cool Eager to see the WIP for sure!
dse2019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM incoming...

Thanks!
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: