FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
ConAM 27 Mining T-Shirts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: ConAM 27 Mining T-Shirts Reply with quote

Hi, folks. I'm printing a run of ConAm 27 "Mining" T-Shirts next week and if you're interested in getting one (or more), now's your opportunity. Pricing will depend on the number of shirts I print, but will probably range around $24 or less, depending on the interest.

This particular batch will be printed on Safety Green (50/50) shirts with Royal Blue Ink. The shirts will be screen-printed, not a crappy thermal image. The printer we use is extremely durable and will absolutely not crack or fade. I previously made (and sold out of) red ConAm 27 "Medical" T-shirts.

This is what they'll look like (front and back):

_____

If you're interested, please let me know desired size, quantity and provide some contact info. Please e-mail this info to sonartech at hotmail.com.

I don't generally re-run my designs unless there's a lot of interest, so once I run these and sell out of however many I print, they're gone.

I'm considering making a "Operations" and an "Electrical" design, but it will look similar.

If you're not understanding where the design for this shirt came from, re-watch Outland and look for the gray T-shirt Sagen wears wondering around the bathroom during his drug deal. It has a black stencil "27" on the front.

I'm going to print by 9/21/2011, so after that, any information you send me regarding your interest in this design will be tossed into the bit bucket.

Cheers,

SonarTech
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent! I'd love to see a run in the original colors as well...
SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "original colors", you mean the ash gray shirt with the "27" logo on the front (the back of these are originally blank)?

The only other ones that I recall seeing were the white with black medical ones and the black on green Montone wears during the racketball game. Can you post a screen capture of the one you're thinking of?

There is one more "oddball" ConAm 27 shirt that I've never seen, and is very "rare" in the movie... you can just see the #2 in this screen capture, when O'Neill is introducing himself, and once really quickly in the chase scene through the kitchen:

____

The kitchen staff is wearnig a "catering" t-shirt, and there's another staffer there wearing yet another 27 shirt that looks like it might be a gray version of the oddball black and white shirt:

By the way, I just checked and I have 3 size MEDIUM and 1 size XL left in this "Medical" design (I know, I know - I took some creative license by using a Red shirt with black printing, but my buddy won't wear white shirts...):

____

Once they're gone, they're gone. $19 + actual priority S&H. Ping sonartech at hotmail dot com.

I debated on this design to go with the black on white design, or to go with the green on white to match the body bags! Muhahahaha!

Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Man those are cool. I would be interested in the bright ones but also a gray one... those are great!

"Did you really destroy the ENTIRE shipment?"

www.alienthemovie.blogspot.com
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was referring to the ash grey shirts with 27 on the front that a number of the miners wore. Black text or white - either work for me. I definitely prefer having the Con-Am 27 logo on the back.
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I definitely want the logo on the back as well, but that athletic gray colored one and the OD ones are the best.

SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, since we're technically violating the purity of the original design by adding a design on the back of the shirt, what do you guys think the logo on the back should look like? Just the standard Con-Am logo like Sheppard's patch, without "Medical" or anything else on top? Or should we take more creative license and add something else? One early design I did placed a "/////\\\\\" pattern on the back under the ConAm logo.

Ideas?

By the way, if you are truly interested in getting one of the safety green shirts, please remember to send an e-mail to sonartech at hotmail dot com to ensure I include you. I need QTY, size and desired contact info.

I am definitely going to get these printed next week, so let me know! After I send the order, I will be unable to accomodate any additional requests (unless I get 20+ people interested).

Thanks,

SonarTech
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion, but the logos you have with MINING and MEDICAL look pretty cool. The best did you get that from the Medical ward scene?

I would be happy with the sheppard hat logo or the one you have, either way. Maybe some others can chime in. You should have no problem getting 20 shirts ordered here on this forum.

SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The font I use is called "MuteFruit" and it's a TTF font so it's pretty darn easy to add whatever text I want. The pain in the ass was making the concentric circles and hand drawing the "27" to match the T-shirts.

So far, I've had exactly 1 person contact me with interest, and that didn't include you (yet). I never counted on getting many external orders anyway, and I'm going to make these shirts regardless of how many people "climb onboard this shuttle",so to speak.

Anyway, I'm waiting until next Wednesday before I tally everything up, then I'll start work on the OD green and Ash Gray variety. Unless we come up with a new rate like POLICE, ADMIN, CATERING, PROPSUMMIT (muhahaha!), then perhaps the regular logo makes the most sense... Hmmm...

SonarTech
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well count me in, and let me know when it is ready to order. That is a classic design, and OUTLAND is a fantastic movie. you will get plenty of interest here.

SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark -

You looked suspicious, so I plugged your name into my terminal (I have admin level 5 clearance on the ConAm system since I handle dry cleaning at the outpost).

You dirty, dirty dog! I knew you looked familiar...

I'll be watchin' you!!

SonarTech
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are used to checking the Prop Shop portion of the forum to find items for sale - try posting there.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't some interest in great Outland shirts.
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonarTech wrote:
Hey, Mark -

You looked suspicious, so I plugged your name into my terminal (I have admin level 5 clearance on the ConAm system since I handle dry cleaning at the outpost).

You dirty, dirty dog! I knew you looked familiar...

I'll be watchin' you!!

SonarTech

HA HA HA HA HA!! That is pretty funny.

If you like OUTLAND just wait 'till you get a load of the shuttle kit I am working on. I am trying to make the thruster pods right now. I had to buy 5 different Saturn IV model kits and toys from ebay to figure out which size to use ha ha.. I had no way of knowing what the dimensions were, and people thought it was weird when I would ask them to measure the thrusters.. Very Happy

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was a weird question JT... Very Happy
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard anything from SonarTech? I haven't.
SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Lanboy, you could contact me directly, since you have my e-mail address

I'm being killed by work right now. Getting home at 9PM and having to work online until ~2AM isn't leaving me with a lot of time for "recreational activities".

I'm finishing up the order list for the T-shirts tonight and tomorrow, and I'll have everything finalized this weekend.

You were the only person that e-mailed me with any interest, so you're the only person I'm ordering one for from this forum.

I'll contact you via the e-mail address you provided with further details (i.e., pricing), but this is essentially a done deal.

Cheers,

SonarTech
SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Shirts have been ordered. If you ordered one, you should have an e-mail waiting for you with additional details.

Thanks for you interest!

SonarTech
SonarTech
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Shirts have been shipped. Thanks for your interest, guys!

SonarTech
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: