FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Importing an Offworld to the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makoshark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Importing an Offworld to the UK Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and need your advise/opinions.
Interested in buying an offworld m 2019 c on ebay,but being in the UK will customs be a problem?I emailed offworld,and they said they "had little to no trouble"importing these reps'to the UK.They also piled on the pressure by telling me that after this listing ends there will be 10 more to list then the run will end.
What do you guys think?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to propsummit makoshark. From what I have heard, it can be a crap shoot to try and import them. I know of at least one person who had his confiscated trying to import it. Maybe Offworld has figured out what to do different since then, or maybe the officials have backed off a little. I would try and see if there is a place in the UK to try and get it, or at least make sure Offworld is willing to refund the cost if it does not make it through.

Good luck,
Andy
makoshark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Andy.Also had a private message from a very helpful guy(thanks) here in the UK about this.Full quote from Offworld to me is -
"We have little to no trouble shipping to the UK.We mark the package as toy led lights and the value around $45."
I'd like one of these as a base to make something a bit more realistic than one of the resin kits i got off the 'bay' recently.I realize its not the best out there,but for the money and the fact it can be stripped down gains my interest.
Cheers,Paul.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Paul...always glad to see another member from the U.K.
makoshark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joberg.I just seen a 'Sidkit' on ebay as a kit of parts.Wonder if this might be easier to pass through customs than a built blaster?It would work out less money than the Ofworld too.Have asked the seller about shipping and am awaiting his reply.Will let you all know if this becomes viable-providing it does'nt get snapped up by someone else!
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makoshark wrote:
Thanks Joberg.I just seen a 'Sidkit' on ebay as a kit of parts.Wonder if this might be easier to pass through customs than a built blaster?It would work out less money than the Ofworld too.Have asked the seller about shipping and am awaiting his reply.Will let you all know if this becomes viable-providing it does'nt get snapped up by someone else!

Ask him to ship it in two packages and ask him to remove the dummy bullets. He must also ensure that nowhere does it mention the words - Gun, blaster firearm. If the two packages are shipped about two weeks apart then its unlikely to be seen as a single item..

Good luck

MARK

makoshark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late! Sudkit's gone...thanks anyway Mark - i'll know what to ask a seller to do in future.Not sure if i want to gamble £200+ on the Offworld.
Might just have to wait for a UK seller to show.If anyone wants to point me in the right direction,please pm me.
Paul.
makoshark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a bit of luck!Have located a resin/metal worldcon sidkit.The seller tells me that shipping to the UK has never been a problem with this type of kit.I am told this is a far more accurate blaster than the offworld too.
Will let you all know when it arrives and seek advice on its build.
Cheers,Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: