FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Hey gang, just joined up!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Hey gang, just joined up! Reply with quote

I just got signed up today and I wanted say hello to everyone. I know some of you from other forums I am on or have been on like Brotherhood of the Bat and the MPF, so hello to everyone that I already know and howdy to all the people I am new to!

I am a Youth Minister in Arkansas and am finishing up my Masters Degree. I'm married with a wonderful wife and a BEAUTIFUL baby girl. In my spare time my wife and I watch DVD's like "The Office," "Arrested Development," "The Sopranos," and we LOVE movies!! Some of my favorites are the Blade Trilogy with Wesley Snipes, The Back to the Future Trilogy, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, Hellboy, Equilibrium, The Punisher, Indiana Jones.... you know, all the great movies! haha

I have a great sense of humor, and even as a Youth Minister I try to be pretty cool. My wife and I mix drinks on Saturday when we can - a little Cabo Waboritas Tequila! haha

Anyway, as far as props and prop replicas that I collect, basically I concentrate on a few select movies. Blade, Blade 2, and Blade Trinity. X-Men, X-Men 2: United, and X-Men 3: The Last Stand. The Punisher, Hellboy, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Equilibrium.

I have only a small collection of actual Screen used items. The centerpiece of my collection is my Wesley Snipes screen worn Blade 1 costume. It has the Trenchcoat and Vest and it is my favorite prop - acquired from the AWESOME Propstore of London. Also, I am hoping to get the Rubber silver stake from Screen Used, if my wife will let me on Friday. haha

The replicas that I have are of course all the official released items from the Blade movies like the Daywalker sword, glaive, silver stakes, and those kind of items.

The items that I am looking for, are some Wolverine Claws that look like the ones from the movies. I am also looking for replicas of the awesome guns from Equilibrium! The Hellboy gun, and all the Star Wars helmets. There are a TON of replicas I want, but I have to get one at a time.

The #1 item on my want list right now is some replica buckles from Blade's vests in Blade 2 and Blade Trinity. I haven't really found anyone yet that makes replicas of the Wesley Snipes Blade buckles from Blade 2 and Blade Trinity.

Well, anyway, I joined a few new Prop Forums today, and I really appreciate you guys for having me. Thanks and feel free to say hello!

God Bless,

Chuck, Arkansas USA Smile
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chuck, make yourself at home...BTW you should post your intro here...I will let it stay here for a little while but we may move it to the coffee shop.

Andy
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I came here to do this morning, Andy. (now, if only I can figure out how to move it, I'll be all set -- oh, wait . . . that's got it.)

Welcome aboard, Chuck. Oh, and I noticed that a particular movie (one that is of great interest to the denizens of this place . . . hmmm, I wonder what movie that could be?) was left off your list of favorites. You might want to take care of that.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got part of the title Smile Probably did a search for "Blade Props Forum" when he found us. We can give him some slack for now....FOR NOW Twisted Evil I say we can convert him anyway.
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, Yeah that is about right.

But you know, something on my WANT list is a Metal Blade Runner gun. I dont know the name of the character, I think it's Harrison Ford's gun.

I haven't ever seen Blade Runner. Is it any good?

---Chuck

(mmwwwhahahahahahahahaha ) Twisted Evil
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chuck,

Just wanted to give you a quick welcome to our little corner of the world

I noticed you are a fan of Equilibrium! That has to be one of the best movies I have seen. It is ashame it did not get the theater time it deserved in the US.

As for a Metal Blade Runner gun, you have a few options out there.

Two of the people offering metal BR blasters are members here.

I hope you stick around!! Now get to Suncoast and buy Blade Runner damn it!!!

Take care,

Tom
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeFanChuck wrote:
I haven't ever seen Blade Runner. Is it any good?

*faints*
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know, they didnt have Blade Runner at our local movie store. We dont have a Suncoast, only a Hastings and a Barnes and Noble. So, I ordered it!

So, when it comes in I will watch it and really pay close attention, then I will post what I thought!

Thanks guys!

---Chuckster
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give you a warning most of us didn't like it their first time. Kind of like Beer or Scotch wisky, we grew to like it, more than like it.
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Well, Ridley Scott is one of my top three favorite movie directors. So, I will have to give it a good chance. I think Gladiator was a masterpiece, and I LOVE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. I still do not understand why such a beautiful movie kind of bombed at the theatre.

Anyway.... lol

Chuck
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeFanChuck wrote:
Andy,

Well, Ridley Scott is one of my top three favorite movie directors. So, I will have to give it a good chance. I think Gladiator was a masterpiece, and I LOVE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. I still do not understand why such a beautiful movie kind of bombed at the theatre.

Anyway.... lol

Chuck

Then how come you haven't see Blade Runner yet? Smile
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeFanChuck wrote:
Andy,

Anyway.... lol

Chuck

Very cool Chuck! I am actually right with you on Kingdom of Heaven. I thought it was a fantastic movie. As for Gladiator, I saw it once, and do not remember much of it. Though I would gladly watch it again.

Looking forward to your review!

Tom
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably have more than a few questions after watching it! Since you're "buying new", you'll get the Director's Cut, which differs quite a bit from the original release/International Cut--totally different endings, Deckard's voiceover, etc.

If you like the DC, and would like to see the one most of us fell in love with, shoot me a PM--I've got a spare VHS I'd be happy to send you Smile
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have an extra copy (or two) of the origional VHS I would be willing to loan out to an inquiring person.
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would love to see the original first. Its kind of like seeing something that didnt exist if you see a directors cut that is totally different.

Let me know if I can borrow one for a couple of weeks. As long as I can pay for shipping!

Smile ---Chuck
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me your address and you can pay for the shipping back to me.

Andy
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how much is a good copy of the Blade Runner gun? A really good one with metal parts?

How much am I looking to spend? Realistically? lol

Thanks

--Chuck
sycor
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick up an all metal from Rich Coyle for around $800. A partial metal can be gotten for around $200 if you can be patient.

An Offworld all metal is around $250 I think but it's not as good from a Coyle piece, so I have been told.

Last edited by sycor on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no true "all metal" guns. The closest are Richard Coyle's origional all metal (good luck getting one from any of the 32 owners), and his new one that is coming soon, priced out at around $800. The other is the Sid Kit Metal. Supposedly he has produced a few more of them and sells them for around $400. Rich's will be built-ups and Siderio's are kits. Both have plastic grips at the very least. The offworld (aka Monsters in Motion m2019) gun has die cast parts but is also mostly plastic, but are bulit-ups that can be found close to a kit price at $250. Each of these guns can be disassembled/field stripped to be able customized. If you are a kit builder than Rick Ross's (all resin only) are the sweetest at only $80. Siderio's kits are pretty impressive in size and weight. The Offworld is a good starter gun for the price as well, but could use a bit of customization to make it less "toy" like. Rich, Rick, and Siderio are all members here, though I am not sure if Siderio answers his PM's here. For more info on the guns check out the timeline thread here and the Blaster Comparison thread here. There is also a lot more pics and info about these guns all over this board.

p.s. I should have the video out tomorrow.
BladeFanChuck

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, tonight is the night FINALLY! Andy was nice enough to let me borrow his copy of Blade Runner. And we are going to watch it tonight for the very first time.

We are going into this with open minds too. Plus, my wife knows that this is my favorite movie director of all time. So, wish me luck guys.

Also, I am still looking for a REALLY good inexpensive copy of the Blade Runner gun. Maybe someone has like 19 guns and they want to sell me one on the cheap? I am not looking for something that is like PERFECT or screen accurate. Just something that is pretty cool and looks similar. I am a Youth Minister, so I dont have MUCH money. Let me know if you have any ideas!

God Bless,

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: