FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
The 2011 “A” Blade Runner model. The LAST UPGRADE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: The 2011 “A” Blade Runner model. The LAST UPGRADE Reply with quote

OK Here is the latest new features to my model.

The article will be on Bladezone soon, but I wanted to share it here first:

A major new added feature, a removable ammo clip.
Clip being inserted into housing:

The ammo clip is now a closed unit holding the LEDs and battery used to power them but looking like a real ammo clip with a real looking REM 222 round ready to be loaded into the weapon.

This clip will automatically turn on and light up itself AND power up the green LEDs within the side rod when loaded into the ammo housing and automatically turn off with its removal.
This clip is partly in with just the red LEDs lighting.

And this is with it  all the way in with all the LEDs now on.

How does this work?
Here are the insides being tested.

And this is the Housing with the contacts for the side rod and green LEDs.

This is the Clip showing the two contact points on the rear that power the Green LEDs when inserted into the housing.

It has been long believed that there was a reloading scene in the film and from the pictures of extra ammo clips I believe this was at least a couple of clips  prepared for this scene: there are about three clips rigged to do this scene, with extra features like a micro switch to turn on and off the LEDs as this special clip is removed and replaced.

(The rest of these clips photos are of real prop/film clips, these were made for the film.)

Here is a real ammo clip with the LEDs and micro lever switch in it.

Funny as the extra clip is still full size SO………I believe they planned on a little Hollywood Magic, a switch in mid act.

Picture this: Deckard is low on ammo, so he pulls the clip from the gun..The LEDs go out as he does this.

He seems to throw it away.

He then pulls from his pocket another ammo clip, and full body model and the LEDs are dark. Like this one:

I think this would be the one we would be shown in the close up, note the lack of any switches.

Then he starts to load in into the housing and the LEDs come on..But wait, there is a load noise and we cut to something like one of the house robots knocking something over.... cut back and we see Deckard slapping home the clip.

The reason for these cuts is full size clip will not fit all the way into the Blaster ammo housing, with a barrel in the way, so a switch is made to the shorter original clip to fully seat it.

So I have corrected this problem by making a shorter ammo clip that will fit and it has a round visible on top ready to load.

This clip will also automatically turn on and off as it is removed and then replaced in the housing. The side switch is still working and is the master on and off.

I do not call this a correction or model change, as it was never seen, then it was never known, other than the pictures of the extra clips, so I consider it an added feature.

And last...

The latest change is a correction and does become a upgrade/ improvement:

A New Bolt.

It took a while for my first impression of the turning bolt’s bottom to wear off. It took the “Other” major model makers version of the bolt to wake me up to how the bolt was shaped.

I had been making it as a “D” and it is more a pie shape, “V” shaped on the bottom and ½ round on top. kind of like a slice of pie.

Old on top and new on bottom.

So all the all metal models will come with these new features.
AND ALL the metal and Plastic kits will have these new features Other than my Version of the Police Issue Version.

If you have a order pending you will get these new features.

The prices will remain the same as before.

OK with these we now have all the details... what the bolt did and how the bolt was shaped.

We know how the clip was wired and that there seemed to be a planed loading scene.

This is the end of an eight year quest...

Rich 

Last edited by racprops on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Images don't work here Rich, but I read it on the RPF and it looks very good (I like the ammo clip showing the round Cool ) way cool.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..

Pictures used to work here...

Hopefully some one will fix them.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the space between "2011A"...and "Model" in the name is keeping the tags from working. I will see if there is a way to fix it, but you might just have reload them. All the slashes too might be messing it up. Don't use any punctuation or any non alpha numeric characters in a title if you can help it, because it is often used as part of the code for the special functions.

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copied and pasted the urls from your images at the RPF. They don't have the space in there, and have the picture size too, so they work fine here.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy..

I corrected the copy as there is no need for the "junk" anymore.

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for my great customers, I will try to work out a upgrade program to get those that want the newer system and parts...

I will need to catch up with back orders and my money problems but when I can we can work on the upgrade.

Feedback is welcome here.

Rich
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
And for my great customers, I will try to work out a upgrade program to get those that want the newer system and parts...

I will need to catch up with back orders and my money problems but when I can we can work on the upgrade.

Feedback is welcome here.

Rich

Holy Cr@#I$(I!!!!!!!!! That is awesome. Down the road I would love to see about an upgrade with two or three clips. I bought a Deluxe from you in your first kit run so adding this feature would be mega cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

When it comes time for upgrades is it possible to get it without the pre-loaded bullet?

I had an Idea for using the same caliber but making it kind of a rocket looking bullet.

A couple of these extra clips next to a couple speed loaders will look darn good.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preloaded bullet is part of the casting.

I am considering a fanasty version like my eletro-mag driven rocket round in place of the REM 222 as another cover.

Your the second person to talk about the REM 222 round.

Rich
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commendable work, indeed. I applaud you and your seemingly endless dedication to duplicating this prop in the most accurate and functional way possible. Very Happy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first I have said I do the most accurate model possible and until I get all the details right it ant’.

I mean to live up to that.

All I can do now is refining my masters and molds to make casting and building this model a little easier.

There are no more mountains to clime it is done.

If I could I would have done this model from the beginning but these details were slow in coming, first all we had was stills, then the Worldcon photos (Thanks Karl).

Then the PiH Auction (thanks to whom ever took those pictures and the person whom sent them to me) and last the three people who share the last bits of info, the tear down and repair photos.

Then the ammo housing and clip photos and lastly the person whom helped me with a good stunt casting and my own copy of the 1998 Steyr Receiver.

All these inputs took time.

But we are here at last.

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are casting the new Ammo housings and clips NOW.

The New metal parts later this week.

So these are in production NOW.

Rich
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am currently Rebuilding Delux number 3, I would be very interested in both of these upgrades. I await your pricing.

The Quest seems to never die.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will work that out for you.

And the Quest is dead, these were the last parts I needed to do.

Minor tweeks and improved fit is all I can do now.

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Ammo Housing and clip:

I was expecting a much larger reaction to this new feature (IE New orders and old customers asking for it) than I received.

So I must concede it was a minor mistake and that it is not as wanted as I thought it would be.

So after a lot of work on it, I feel I need to ask an extra $40.00 for it. I am considering it a add-on extra feature.

So with your order please let me know which ammo housing and clip you want. Stock: no extra cost, the new one $40.00. (with a order of a full model)

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Rich
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Rich
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich I don't think it's a lack of interest. This is a super cool upgrade that many would like.

This is just my personal opinion as I wanted three of these before the price went so far up. You know I am a huge fan of yours as my Deluxe blaster is one of my favorite props and IMO the best Blade Runner blaster made.

I think there are three reasons for the problem.

1.) The Bullet- I'm sorry but the bullet does not look good. Your blaster is super realistic. Metal, working parts, heft, feel, sound. It feels, looks, and sounds like a real gun. The bullet looks fake. It also does not look very Bladerunnerish. I was holding off due to trying to see if I could remove that bullet because as mentioned before I want a custom Replicant seeking missile bullet.

2.)The Bladerunner blaster market is flooded right now. It's a relatively small market and with all of yours coming out, the Japan release, that new snub nose, the market for these is just filled up right now.

3.) The economy is worse than many realize. Over the past several years I have seen and bought props for half what they were worth before the crash. The prices came down but they did sell. Now I am seeing many great props for half what they used to be worth and they are just sitting. The comments posted are, "Wow I can't believe this is not selling!". If you look at the facts the economy is worse than many seem to realize.

I think this is an awesome upgrade. The fact you were able to pull this off is amazing. Personally I hope you keep the price where it was, get rid of the bullet and wait. They will come.

Tom

jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I just figured out how these load. The barrel has an opening above and below that we don't see. They act as vents when the cylinder bullets are fired and allow the "rifle" bullet to pass through being loaded.

Very Happy
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or better yet an inner barrel that rotates to load a rifle bullet then rotates closed to fire a cylinder bullet.

Do I smell upgrade Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: