FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Open Letter to All from propsjonnyb
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Open Letter to All from propsjonnyb Reply with quote

Open Letter to All
It is with much regret that I have to announce my immediate retirement from this wonderful hobby of ours, as many of you know I suffered earlier this year from a period of illness , unfortunately this has been diagnosed as incurable and one of the complications I now have is early onset arthritis , it has now become very difficult for me to handle tools with any precision , it is also difficult to type and write, which is why I am dictating this to someone else to type and post on the forum . I have been endeavouring to contact people to make arrangements to settle all my outstanding business , this has been slow for me and I have contacted and negotiated with all but three . Someone saw fit to publish my work e-mail address , so I know someone has been trying to contact me , unfortunately due to my companies internal policy on personal mail, it is impossible for me to read or reply to those mails, the person who published that knew this , so please either resend your mail with full contact details to propsjonnyb@gmail.com or my personal email address johnwbullock@btinternet.com , I have not moved, so my home address is still the same, neither have I change my home phone number 01295 760461,so if you believe you have a problem with me , they please ring or mail or get in contact as I have replied to almost everyone who has contacted me direct , I grant you it has not been the fastest response, as I have more bad days than good , but I have replied and will still reply, until I am nailed in my box.
I simply stopped posting on the forum - nothing else - and I did so because my condition was depressing me as I could not participate in a hobby I’ve been actively engaged in for the last 30 years , it hurt a lot, so I distanced myself , so for that I’m sorry, I like to say thank you to those who have contact me , I don’t want any sympathy letters or mails , others are far worse off than me , I am starting another course of treatment on the 23rd December so physically will not be around until the New Year , so let me wish you all an early Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you don't want/need our sympathy it remains that we will not see you and your work grace the pages of our community forum.
I can only wish you good luck and God speed for, somewhat, better days rather than not.
You have been an asset throughout the years and your experience/help was great to have for us all...you will be missed Sad
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, We all wish you the best of luck and improvement of your health and situation. Hopefully you can also get stuff from this place without having to offer anything to it as well. This place should be about creativity and inspiration as well as imagination, all things that have had therapeutic effects on me.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays
Andy
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...best of luck and happy holidays indeed...feel better mate.

David
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am very sorry to read of Johns problems, as one fighting my own health problems, and how we lost a few fellow builders over the last few years.. I feel your pain…

John, thanks for you for your years of help, I am sorry that we can no longer safely get these models into England, both mine and others that you helped import.

I have to say that as a small one man operation, I cannot afford to lose any models to customs, sorry I am just too small and hand to mouth…SO any overseas orders will have to at the buyers risk..

I suggest if you want to order that I take the model partly apart and ship it in two or three boxes so that customs will not see a complete model, this will add to the shipping costs.

Again I am sorry but if you cannot afford the lost, please do not order…

Rich
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck dude.
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you good fortune in your fight against your illness!
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone received their stuff from John or Simon? I just want the parts back as-is. I'm not expecting any work to have actually been carried out.

I've had nothing but promises followed by silence and I think I've been more than patient after nearly a year and a half.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it original pieces, or stuff you paid for? The only thing I heard about Propsjonnyb was from Gary Willoughby and that he gave the V.K. I sold him to Geoff (Ridleyville)...but I cannot confirm if it's true or not. Confused
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only thing I heard about Propsjonnyb was from Gary Willoughby and that he gave the V.K. I sold him to Geoff (Ridleyville)...but I cannot confirm if it's true or not.

Hi Joberg
The story is i paid a large deposit to Propsjonnyb for a VK i thought that he was building that he offered through Propsummit. Then nothing for months, no return on the emails and no response to letters. I finally received half the deposit back after a very strongly worded message including a visit to collect the money in person. I am still owed a substantial amount but again with no luck at getting a response although i was promised a full refund or the VK parts as it was. I am not a competent model maker so rely on the skills of others so this was not an option.

Deposit paid Sept 12 2010 still waiting for the other 50%
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have the facts from the person involved. Sorry to hear about this type of story happening to you Geoff. Hopefully you'll be able to recoup the rest of the money.
skual
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hI ridleyville

Same history here i paid total amount (november 2010 ) for a kit and work to Propsjonnyb then nothing for months, no return on the emails and no response to letters. The last time i have a mail i was promised a full refund. But no news.

Sad
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that your dealings with Propsjonnyb took a turn for the worst Confused As lesson learned, I too, have paid in full (in the past and on another board) for something "about to be made any day now" Evil or Very Mad .
I was burnt in the process and it showed me that I should never again pay in full unless a product lands on my doorsteps.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly hope he has not passed away got gravely ill, but if not we may need to talk to some of our UK members making visits down to see him and pressure him into making good on what he owes. When he first became a member here he asked to borrow my original bird chess set to make copies from, and declined based on the fact he seemed to come in here relatively unknown and start promising all kinds of stuff that seemed to be more than he has shown capable of. He did over time prove himself to be more productive than he had initially. Still my reservations were not enough to warn others because it was just a feeling. He seemed to actually come through for so many too.

I don't think we should ban him because that could prevent him from being contacted by the members here that need to work out what he owes them, but we might make a thread in the feedback area with this information. I may even mirror this in there if possible. Hopefully he is getting healthy and will be back to finish what he had promised here in time.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Rydleyville saw him in person collecting some of his deposit back...until Geoff chime in concerning Propsjonnyb's state at the time of his visit, or any other news pertaining to his health, we can only guess what his financial status is right now. Confused
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems that Rydleyville saw him in person collecting some of his deposit back

Sorry for any confusion, my last letter i sent stated that i would collect the money in person ( i did not want to use the word threat ). In other words i sent a strongly worded letter demanding my money back and that i would visit to collect it if i did not get a response. I then received an email saying i would get half which i did a week or so later. I am still waiting for the other half.
I did not make the visit.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved this topic to the Coffee Shop for now. I may move it again or split it into the Seller Feedback, or the Pit. The first post has PropsJohnnyB's contact information, but if anyone can add updated info please do. Also if anyone is in contact with him and can provide updates please do. Illness is a very dificult thing to deal with, but it should not prevent someone from returning their (very valuable) property.

Here is a mailing address I have obtained...
John Bullock
The Cottage
27 Church Street
Helmdon, Northamptonshire
NN13 5QJ
United Kingdom

Please do not try to contact him to make threats to him. This should be handled as someone who is honest about being ill and just has peoples possessions he needs to return, including money. We must accept though as a person with illness, cash may be difficult to keep. Please no sending thugs over to his residence.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, as you said, hopefully the matter will be resolved to the satisfaction of all parties concerned. In the mean time we should remain civil and refrain from any gossip or hearsay.
Brownclaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone.

As a relative newcomer to Propsummit I'm not privy to the details of this situation so I'm unable to comment with any authority. However as a supplier of props I appreciate the frustration of clients who have either paid money or supplied materials only to receive nothing in return. I don't know the gentleman in question, or what agreements have been made or broken, but given the contact details above I feel I should mention that I do live only 7 miles from the displayed contact address, and should anyone require any assistance, I'm only too willing to help in any way I can.

All the best

Jason
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried more emails and PMs in the last few months and am still being completely ignored. I also wrote him a snail mail letter asking him if he'd allow Jason to collect my blaster/parts and I know he received the letter because it has been signed for.

Nothing.

I tried phoning but predictably he doesn't answer if he doesn't know the number (I wonder how many other people are hounding him for their stolen goods and money). Again I've asked if Jason can collect my stuff.

We'll see if he responds this time.

What's next? Should I report him to his local police station and forward them his PM's and emails as proof?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: