FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
How should I convert a Kanamaru airsoft bulldog to a PKD

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItalianNinja86
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: How should I convert a Kanamaru airsoft bulldog to a PKD Reply with quote

A little History before the main question I have to ask

So back in December I managed to get one of these from a member of the RPF

you can imagine my excitment in acquiring one of these. However with excitement came a fear that it might not be the right size that was relived by measuring against my Coyle Blaster

it lined up ad was a perfect size in relation to my Coyle.

Fast forward to January I decided to start making plans to convert it to a PKD (surprise surprise) and got in touch with Rich to discuss buying another kit version of his blaster after I got my tax return. fast forward a week or two and sadly Rich retired due to health problems (not complaining and I have only myself to blame for not acting sooner and I'm glad Rich is doing better).

And now for the reason I'm posting this thread.

how should I convert it if I still decide to do so?

Now I really rather not take my Coyle blaster apart and use it in the conversion process since it was put together by the man himself and is a really nice display piece as such. But as of now I only have two ideas of how to go about this and could use some input.

The member I purchased this from and this forum both mention a conversion kit that came out for this airsoft pistol.

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of this kit or what it looked like finished?

And though it may be a long shot have any ever come up for sale?

I've seen a few sidkits up for sale recently and whiles sid's look nice I know nothing about how they measure up to the real parts.

If I decided to buy a sid do you think it would scale right?

Of course the biggest problems if I do convert it would be the barrel and grip but I have a few ideas to go on if I ever get that far in the project.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Hell I might just leave it as is cause it might be more trouble then ts worth to do what I want to do it. Then again if anyone has a kit they want to part with for a reasonable price let me know maybe we can work something out.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as transforming the Coyle you already have: don't do it! Keep it as is...it's been put together by the man himself and shoudn't be touched.

Now as for a Sidkit, if my memory serves me well, I believe that the size is slightly bigger than the Coyle (but I could be wrong).
I'm sure others will chime in with more detailed info
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryosuke Takagi, creator of the Elfin Knights Project once created a kit to upgrade the airsoft into a BR gun, but that was a long time ago, and used opaque wooden look grips. Sidkit metal kits are indeed larger as well.

Andy
ItalianNinja86
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was to get a sidkit would it work? Or was the base revolver he used larger then the bulldog also?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidkit used Coyle's parts at his base, but the process and material he used created a replica that had parts that grew instead of shrinking from the molding process.

Andy
ItalianNinja86
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I figured I bump this thread with a new question.

I've been thinking about getting the tomensule pro kit since it looks good and the price is right up there with a kit version of the coyle so its pretty affordable.

My question to the experts is would this work for my idea of converting the kanamaru bulldog over to a blaster?
jakob2121
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without holding the base gun in my hand its hard to say for certain - and doubly so since we've not actually seen the kit. With either option you're still going to be looking at a separate barrel since both are not actual barrels.

Otherwise, there are a few small mounts you'll have to sort out - and the front trigger area might need to be ground out a bit to make room, but it should work. The Tomenosuke hews extremely close to the original lines.

-J
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tomenosuke Pro kit for the record looks like it will be mostly plastic, and at least not as much metal as a Coyle kit. Still, it is a beautiful highly refined version of the gun, but still pretty much another interpretation of the gun. I think I need one, but also kind of regret not getting a Coyle metal kit, even though I do have many older Coyle versions. If only I had all the money in the world.

The accuracy of the Kanamaru, will have it's own issues. I wish our friends at Elfin Knights checked in more often and could relay information back to Ryosuke to possibly help us out here. I can't remember who it was that was in contact with him offhand.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: