FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
• SPECTRUM FANTASTIC ART LIVE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: • SPECTRUM FANTASTIC ART LIVE! Reply with quote

I would assume that most of you (if not all) are aware of "Spectrum", the annual edited and published by Cathy and Arnie Fenner.

This weekend was their first "Spectrum Fantastic Art Live!", in Kansas City and it lived up to its name! As reported on their web site, it was "an international melting pot of talent . . featuring 200 art exhibitors, panel discussions, lectures, live painting demonstrations, and portfolio reviews by renowned art directors". Personally, I was amazed - not only as a artist, but as a collector, as both original work and reproductions were available and you were able to learn details behind the work and watch as artists created and discussed their thoughts and the process.

Had I known I would have posted the site address earlier. I can only hope that some of you made it to the event, and that it will be repeated.

http://www.spectrumfantasticart.com/spectrumfantasticartlive/

It was rare opportunity in the central U.S. (or anywhere for that matter) to meet and visit with the artists, many of whom have been involved in the conceptual work for the films we all know and love. But that aside, the work was nothing short of inspiring.

My thanks again to the Fenners and all involved in putting this together, as well as the artists. It was no small feat I am certain, but very well produced. I hope this will be only the first on many such gatherings.

HAB1! - R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Rep13...incredible artists Shocked and, as you said, just by seeing their work it gives you more imagination for stuff you want to create!
It is, indeed, great for middle America to be exposed to various genres, but also to see some original artwork "in the flesh". Cool
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: THE RETURN OF SPECTRUM LIVE! Reply with quote

A year has passed -

Just a reminder, Spectrum Fantastic Art Live 2 begins this weekend 5.17.13.

Amazing work by amazing artists . . .

- R13
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder Dave...I never tire of seeing that level of Art; makes my life and my head happier and filed with ideas Cool
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: SPECTRUM FANTASTIC ART LIVE 2! Reply with quote

Once again, Spectrum Live has been an incredible show, with another day to go. Inspiring creations from incredible talent, brought together in a friendly, accessible environment. It should not be missed by anyone even slightly interest in the fantastic arts, from paintings (both traditional and digital) to sculpture to special FX.

My thanks to the Fenners and all involved! Truly amazing! - R13

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: