FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
The Vigilante - Inspirations by Blade Runner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVigilante

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: The Vigilante - Inspirations by Blade Runner Reply with quote

I have a project for fans of Blade Runner that will definitely be of interest.

It's called "The Vigilante," and it's a short 30-minute near future thriller about an orphan avoiding brain surgery.

The third short film of feature film proportions by director Jules Hamilton, “The Vigilante” is a full scale trans-media project, spanning multiple websites, social media (including FaceBook and Twitter ) and graphic novels.

Through these various mediums, the fictional world of “The Vigilante” has been created; a world with neuro-plastic surgery, where science has developed the procedure to customize the human mind, raising the bar for human self-improvement. Set in a time when corrections become an affordable procedure, the choice to surpass one’s limitations or to embrace one’s natural identity is left to the individual to decide; wards of the state, such as asylum inmates, prisoners, and orphans, are the only exceptions.

“The Vigilante” is a film about Artemis, a boy genius who is thrown into state custody after tragically losing his parents. The other orphans eagerly await their neurological corrections in hopes for a better future, but Artemis doesn’t want one. Deprived of the rights of ordinary citizens, Artemis narrowly escapes to live on his own. At odds with a rapidly changing society, Artemis fears the direction of progress and takes matters into his own hands. Driven by nostalgia for the past and a disdain for correction culture, Artemis fights to preserve a world, to which he feels he has fallen victim.

Following the science-fiction tradition, The Vigilante merges Minority Report with Alan Moore's Watchmen, combining the trepidation, wonder, and excitement of both into an eerie, superhero-less, urban setting. It's a film that questions what is essential to being human, and what happens when you gain the ability to customize the human mind?

We are currently attempting to raise $70,000 through Kickstarter , an all-or-nothing fundraising website for creative projects. We have 7 days left in our campaign and have raised $33,702, 45% of our goal. If we don’t raise the full $70,000 by June 11th, we get nothing.

Would love to get some feedback on what you guys think of the project!!

Rupeshi Shah
Associate Producer
"The Vigilante"
Gero
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is today the day of any business?
Only T-Shirts film projects then. What's next? A collection of the Replicant veterans nursing home? Maybe my English is not good enough to catch on to that.

Last edited by Gero on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVigilante

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello! thanks for the reply. not sure what you mean, however. Could you elaborate?
Gero
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I understand it you need money for the realization of this film project.
But as I said, maybe I can understand that completely wrong.
TheVigilante

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the truth! Money is necessary for the realization of this project. I don't only want to post on here to ask for money, however. I'm here to promote the film. Because what's the point of a film without an audience?!
Gero
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been in 1985 in Wembley that goes with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDpMqKSrr7Y
This is either: naive or sophisticated.
As always, just my personal opinion.

I'm just a skeptic. An unpleasant feature of the Germans.
If I leige wrong, I apologize now. But I can not feel ashamed, because I have this 24 hours a day makes.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Shah...while it's commendable to raise funds for a film project, and Lord knows there's a lot of those on many different sites on the Internet, it's the way the introduction (or lack thereof) was made on this board.
Future members tend to introduce themselves not by jumping on the "we're-raising-funds-for-a-movie-with-a-similar-story-à-la-Blade-Runner" kind of opening, but by simply posting a little history about themselves and why they're registering as well as their personal feelings regarding BR without getting too "Facebooky".

Gero's concerns and questions were lost in translation I'm afraid.
Since another new post arrived today with: "hey, I got T-shirts to sell" and no further polite way to introduce him/her self, Gero was asking: "is today the day businesses are trying to sell their ware on Propsummit"?

So you're kind of out of luck (at least for today) for any funds...I'm not saying that in the near future, some members wouldn't be interested to fund your project (we've done it in the past). While we're always looking forward to a good story and the effort of a budding film maker, we're also stickler for a certain etiquette and protocol, not only with the new members, but also with the old ones as well.
Gero
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were my thoughts about. I would have to write naturally so ... if I would have been capable. Wink
TheVigilante

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice, and for putting it so well; Hope I have not turned anyone off about The Vigilante!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome and good luck with your future endeavour
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that the Mods here are not really needed Wink

Welcome to propsummit Vigilante, and I see no problem with advertising films here (esp student films), or other films that are related thematically to BR here. I think the members here are sensitive to pure spam though, and often introducing yourself goes a long way to make any appeal for money or attention more palatable.

Funny thing about the video appeal for kickstarter though is that it reads almost line for line and tonally exactly like a late night commercial for 3rd world starving orphans or abused animals charities. It lacks enthusiasm for the project that a student film should be trying to show, and is instead pleading for help. It counteracts any confidence you should have in the project.

Good luck with it and I hope to see more.
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: