FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
MENTOR HUEBNER ORIGINAL BR SKETCH
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right jonsilence, the "nervousness" of his hand (energetic as you said) made him the perfect candidate for story-boarding our favourite movie Wink
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: re: MENTOR HUEBNER ORIGINAL BR SKETCH Reply with quote

jonsilence wrote:
I think I may know the French street scene you mention.

It's not only french, it's international, and these guys are now part of the big galleries business, like Invader, Kaws, Banksy... I can't afford any of their pieces anymore, prices have raised to the point they're unfortunately not playing in my league anymore...

jonsilence wrote:
Huebner's easel paintings are of varied subject matter and quality, but when he was 'on' he could be quite standout. His better pictures, for me, have a certain energetic flair and edginess about them, and I think these qualities show up more consistently in his storyboard illustrations. It's too bad he isn't around to contribute to BR2.

I agree ! His charcoal works will always stand out from the rest of his production. I guess he had to go to the essential with these pieces, due to tight deadlines, and that's where he was the better.

jonsilence wrote:
Thanks for the 'thank you'; it's always rewarding to share things with kindred spirits who have an appreciation and understanding.

Finding your related drawing and supporting research is a welcome and valued bonus.

Same here JS, I hope we'll have other occasions to share thoughts on art, BR related or not.
jonsilence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: A group of five painted storyboard illustrations by Mentor Huebner (1917-2001) were offered on Sept 24, 2016 by Clark Cierlak Auction but did not sell:

PAUL BUNYAN, c.1955, five acrylic paintings on board, each signed, original concept art for proposed film by proposed director John Rawlins for Universal Studios, average size 13 x 22”, one with scuffs and small chip, otherwise in good studio condition. (5) $2500/5000

http://propsummit.com/upload/2794/huebner_paulbunyan_cierlak_sept_16.jpg
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS with us jonsilence...strange that they didn't sell. Confused
jonsilence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucidly conceived and very well executed, but Paul Bunyan is not sexy subject matter, and would have been ripe for adaptation by Disney in the 50s or 60s. The group of Huebner storyboards were re-offered on 10/22/2016 at the same auction house and sold for $500. Shocked
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bargain for sure...and an investment for the future Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: