FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Fujimi Deckard Sedan Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've finished my Deckard figure off, I'm reasonably pleased with him considering figure sculpting is not my forte. The camera flash makes him appear shiny when in fact he is dead matt, here he is test fitted in the driving seat....

I gave him a sort of laptop made from a piece of styrene topped with an offcut of one of the spare slides from the upgrade set....

Close up he doesn't bear much resemblance to Harrison Ford, in fact in a strange way he looks more like Mark Hamill....anyway, once the body is on and the interior lit I think he'll look ok....

jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more progress....

As well as giving you templates to cut out the missing windows in the rear bulkhead, the etched set also provides templates for cutting the 'glass' out of transparent sheet....

These were duly installed in the bulkhead along with the kit transparency and the whole assembly cemented in place....

I also painted in the lights using Tamiya Clear colours...some of these require a second coat whilst others have been blacked out using dark grey paint...

Overall the effect is starting to look more convincing...now to tackle the rest of the kit...
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is simply kwel as hades
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well on the sculpt and, as you said, with the whole car completed you will not see the difference. As a matter of fact the light reflections of the instrument panels inside could give you a surprise or two in terms of looks Wink
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More progress....

I finally attached the dashboard to the interior tub and did the final wiring to leave just a single set of feeds. These are way overlength and feed out through the bottom of the chassis behind the rear wheel...they'll then feed through the base and on to the power supply. The whole interior assembly was then glued to the chassis.
I then added the various engine parts which had been pre-painted. These were then connected up using a mixture of the kit-supplied vinyl tubing, some slightly thicker black wire and some wire-wound guitar string to simulate the cables seen in the pics of the real vehicle.

I'm going to add more weathering to the engine area using some washes and powdered pigments.

Here's a couple of views of the lights on the completed interior....I chose to mount the steering wheel with the spokes horizontal which is at odds with the instructions and also the real car but it means the screen displaying the spinner taking off is not obscured....

Finally, a slightly blurry shot of the interior in darkness showing just how bright those lights are.....

More soon....
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect job...keep up the good work Cool
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most awesome... Shocked
Ki-Djowac
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work there Shocked

Those lights are very clean and professional looking. Make the model come to life Smile
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst building the engine deck I thought I'd install the license plate that Fujimi provide as a decal.
There doesn't appear to be any reference on the instruction sheet to it's placement which is odd given that it is the only accurate decal on the whole sheet.
The Miami Sedan has it as a sticker on the centre of the rear bodywork which looked wrong to me.
A trawl of the web found these two pics showing that it was actually mounted on a metal plate to the left side of the engine, high enough to be seen over the tail lights.

So I'll need to fabricate a suitable plate....also, as I'm depicting the scene of Deckard parked making the call to Pris, I'll need to illuminate the lights on the bumpers....eek!

Another odd thing I spotted was while watching the scene of Deckard driving into his apartment building....it's teeming with rain yet the wiper is stationary and there's no evidence it's been sweeping the windscreen at all....possibly the wipers were dummies as it maybe proved too difficult to get them to work?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch on the plate location! And yes, the wipers didn't work at all...I don't think Ridley was happy about that one; but the show had to go on and the rest is history Wink
Michael
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the wipers not working, In the dangerous day documentary they explain that on that day of filming they couldn't get the wipers to work, ran out of time and had to shoot the scene.
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting close to finishing...still can't decide on lighting the rear lights...very little room even for SMD's and not much opportunity to hide the feeds....
Anyway, here's the rear license plate installed...

The only other decal to apply was the red/white circle on the roof....the decals are by Cartograf and respond well to Microsol. Still some touching in to do on the window rubbers....

Rear view....note the two pipes going into the 'intake' on the roof, these are closer to the real car and not how they are shown in the kit instructions. A light spirit wash was applied made up of used thinners and MIG 'Starship Filth' oil colour. The overall colour of the Sedan appears much redder in these pics than to the eye....I'll get some done in daylight once it's finished (and it's stopped raining!)

Nearly there.....
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly there indeed...love the build so far Cool
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More scale insanity....the detail in Blade Runner is staggering...Ridley Scott went to the trouble of getting the art department to create magazines to populate a news stand which is barely glimpsed in the final film.
I thought it would be fun to have some of these on the passenger seat so found the images online and shrank them before printing them off. A copy of Finescale Modeller gave me the dimensions of a typical US magazine size....275mm x 210mm which equates to 11.46mm x 8.75mm at 1/24 scale.
Here's the finished articles...

They have back covers too, not that you'll see them, featuring Japanese drinks adverts...note the Johnnie Walker ad which is a brand featured in the movie...

Here they are on the seat....

I'm now thinking he should have a briefcase too.....
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good reading material for those long nights of surveillance Wink
Great details on that one. Since you like the used look, are you going to do a type of "treatment" for the windshield, and other windows?

By that I mean the grime on the windshield and a clear glass on the whiper pass.
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep the side windows clean so as not to obscure the view of the lighting but I'm thinking of dirtying down the windscreen....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just keeps getting better and better. Thank you for sharing this and taking the time to document it.

Andy
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another couple of hours at the computer resulted in an A4 sheet of generic decals to be used on upcoming projects, in particular a Police bike....

They were printed using a basic Canon printer onto clear decal paper and the quality is pretty decent...just have to remember that what appears white is in fact clear so they need to go on a white background....

Here are some alternative license plates....

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Police bike Shocked Interesting...
jargonking
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh in today from Randy Cooper....a superb resin diorama base.....

This is it straight out of the box with no cleaning up....

It's based on the building where Batty and Leon stand watching Deckard and Gaff search the apartment at 1187 Hunterwasser. The columns and door are really finely detailed and the parts extremely well cast...

Close up of the doorway detailing...

Detail on the pillar....

I'm intending to light the two large screens above the canopy and also add some lights to the door. I'm also going to extend the roadway out in front...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Studio Scale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: