FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
A few small Alien(s) items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: A few small Alien(s) items Reply with quote

My first prop posting in this forum. Just a few small Alien(s) items I picked up in the last few years. The only other Alien(s) props I own are a latex Aliens facehugger and an unfinished real Remington/SPAS/Thompson pulse rifle with HGC metal shrouds.

My poor dipping birds had lost their feathers at some point over the last few decades so I added their plumage myself Smile

Incidentally, does anyone know the correct product name for the Tupperware Alien Nostromo cups? I'd like to add one.

Real Pulsemeter with original canvas strap.
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kurtyboy welcome to propsummit! I've seen you over at RPF?? Is that SDstudios locator the stunt or the Hero (working electronics)? It's a very cool piece. Where did you source the pulsemeter? Happy holidays

Last edited by Daddy Solo on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas! I've been a member at Propsummit for a few years but normally only post in the Bladerunner section. Maybe made 2 or 3 posts in the Alien section but this is my first showing off any props.

It is indeed an SD hero 'working' locator. The Pulsemeter came from ebay (where else!? Wink).

Daddy Solo wrote:
Hey Kurtyboy welcome to propsummit! I've seen you over at RPF. Is that SDstudios locator the stunt or the Hero (working electronics)? It's a very cool piece. Where did you source the pulsemeter? Happy holidays
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A few small Alien(s) items Reply with quote

kurtyboy wrote:

Incidentally, does anyone know the correct product name for the Tupperware Alien Nostromo cups? I'd like to add one.

I have 2 of those Tupperware mugs. On the bottom, one has the number 1312-49, and the other has 1312-51.
Both appear identical, so I'm not sure what the numbers represent.

If you run a web search for Tupperware coffee cup or Tupperware coffee mug, you'll probably come up with several hits. Getting white ones took me a while, though.
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A few small Alien(s) items Reply with quote

White ones are hard to find... I noticed! LOL

Even searching for Tupperware 1312 returns many NON white ones...

superjedi wrote:
kurtyboy wrote:

I have 2 of those Tupperware mugs. On the bottom, one has the number 1312-49, and the other has 1312-51.
Both appear identical, so I'm not sure what the numbers represent.

If you run a web search for Tupperware coffee cup or Tupperware coffee mug, you'll probably come up with several hits. Getting white ones took me a while, though.
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtyboy: my white cup has "Tupperware (R) 1312-17. I hope that may help you! The white ones are hard to find.
PS:LOVE the Deckard photos set which you sold to me. Many thanks!!!!
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 1312 it is. Thanks. Plenty of them out there... just not in white Wink

BR26354 wrote:
kurtyboy: my white cup has "Tupperware (R) 1312-17. I hope that may help you! The white ones are hard to find.
PS:LOVE the Deckard photos set which you sold to me. Many thanks!!!!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred has white one I believe...it's true though, hard to find, but a spray-can with white paint can do wonder if everything else fails Wink
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pulse Rifle was finally completed a few months ago after over three years in the making. The Thompson, Frenchi and Remington parts are all real, plus metal shrouds painted in vintage Humbrol and darkened with black effects wax as used on the originals, and custom machined add-on parts using correct thickness metal which all other replicas get wrong. Even the grip and ammo mag are the original Thompson parts. Sling by Noble. Definitely one of the most accurate ever built.

I can only take credit for funding and 1% of the work. The rest was done by Sidewinder.

So, all the items in the following picture are original:

I couldn't find my 4 in 1 flashlight so I photoshopped it into the next picture which also features my non-original Alien(s) items!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool that Marcus Cool That pulse rifle is a beauty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Alien Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: