FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Seems like some one is trying to SELL Mark Raat’s $$ AGIAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Seems like some one is trying to SELL Mark Raat’s $$ AGIAN Reply with quote

Could just be me,... BUT,.. face palm.

ON EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-RUNNER-DECKARD-SET-SHOT-GLASS-MONEY-BILLS-BLASTER-LICENSE-CARD-/181089601244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a29c806dc

"Questions?,..."
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Very, very, very rare" Confused I don't think so: time to shut it down Evil or Very Mad
Thanks ocd for the FYI.
Robotprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a douche. Stolen artwork for money and the wrong shot glass.
I noticed all of his previous sales were private so we can't see how much he's stolen.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking out for me. This has become such a tedious thing to try and manage down that I REALLY regret making these available as free downloads.

Anyway, at least you guys got them first - which is what matters most.

I've reported the idiot so lets see if eBay does their job…

Cheers again and warm regards

MARK

darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, I purchased some dummy bullets & a manual for my Off World M2019 blaster from that guy to help add some weight to it and to check out the manual I thought was supposed to come with my blaster but didn't?...this was when I first started into the Blade Runner collecting world, not too long ago even though I've been a fan since 1982?! ...he included a license,manaual & the money you are speaking of in my package as a free "gift"...this was before I was a member of this site mind you...I thought it was cool of him at the time because I didn't know anything about the PKD manual or bills yet? (IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THEY WERE SOMEONE ELSE'S DESIGNS?!?!?)Horrified, I have now reported him to eBay as well...I noticed he isn't listing the cash or manuals anymore but he is still selling BR stuff under the name "Blade Runner Spirit"...very disappointed to hear that he was selling your designs and making $$ on them?!?! That is very uncool...I almost feel dirty having the cash and manual not gotten them from your free download and printing them myself ?...Sorry to have done business with a person like that??...had I known at the time I wouldn't have...he didn't make me pay for the cash...But I still don't feel good about having it? I guess I did pay something for the manual? Not sure how much anymore but I would gladly pay whomever designed that for their work as well.....UGH?! I hate thieves?
Also,I would gladly send the bills to you Mark if you would like? I don't want any bad karma on my hands here?...just let me know and they're yours...

GREAT DESIGNS BY THE WAY!!!

I have since approached my eBay purchases with greater scrutiny...we live and learn...

"There is no honor among thieves!''..... Evil or Very Mad
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not your fault really; now that you know you'll do your home-work for sure. Don't be afraid to ask the board, many members here have the infos you'll need in making your future purchases. Wink
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't stress darthwolf7.. these things happen easily. I am constantly shutting down auctions but sadly they re-appear again sooner than later…

Thanks for your kind words regarding the props. I hope you enjoy them.

Kind regards

MARK

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't let these idiots get you down Mark. I have seen all kinds of things from police badges, and gun permits throughout the many years I have been collecting and have always been suspicious of their origins. You can of course continue to take down the infringers, print and sell your own, make your free ones more well known so no one will want to buy his, or just not worry about it because in the end it won't really hurt anyone except some people who don't spend the time to use google in the first place. By having your stuff out there it at least makes the fan world richer, even if someone is profiting off of your work, and taking their time to continuously print it out. Maybe you should hide the address to your website in the fine print of the manual so others will find it and realize there is a larger world out there other than ebay that needs to be explored. I for one thank you for your generosity and hope you never lose it.

Andy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Please don't let these idiots get you down Mark. I have seen all kinds of things from police badges, and gun permits throughout the many years I have been collecting and have always been suspicious of their origins. You can of course continue to take down the infringers, print and sell your own, make your free ones more well known so no one will want to buy his, or just not worry about it because in the end it won't really hurt anyone except some people who don't spend the time to use google in the first place. By having your stuff out there it at least makes the fan world richer, even if someone is profiting off of your work, and taking their time to continuously print it out. Maybe you should hide the address to your website in the fine print of the manual so others will find it and realize there is a larger world out there other than ebay that needs to be explored. I for one thank you for your generosity and hope you never lose it.

Andy

Cheers bud that's especially kind of you to say. Happily I can say I don't get down about this I just get seriously angry. I am not the most patient of people and I guess the fact that my movie/studio art is also constantly stolen and sold illegally doesn't help my prickly demeanour. The fact that the main focus of why I made these available (the members of this forum) have enjoyed what I did is truly all that matters and I'm sure this would be echoed by many folk in similar positions to myself in this regard.

Being able to contributing modestly to what you guys have provided on this fantastic forum is, I feel, the very least I can do and I am honoured that members here feel my efforts are of some value to the extended franchise.

Warm regards

MARK

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: