FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
can real bull dog parts fit an Off World blaster
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: can real bull dog parts fit an Off World blaster Reply with quote

hey everybody I recently picked up some parts...grip frame, cylinder chamber, etc from an original 44 Charter Arms bulldog & was wondering if I can exchange them with parts in my Off World blaster ? they haven't arrived yet since I just purchased them. Hoping so if not I will be getting my own blaster project going constructing off of the frame of this bull dog and trying to score various pieces through the forums here! I guess Rich could possibly answer this question? Any info would be cool! Thanks!
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has tried yet. But I do know that the offworld is based on a 38 special revolver, not a 44. So more than likely the cylinder will not fit. The grip frame should be fine. As far as I know they used the same grip frame for 38's and 44's.
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I have parts from both!!! I figured the chamber was a .38 since the rounds I have for mine are .38 specials...thanks! Im gonna give it a whirl when everything arrives...I will post pictures!
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last pieces will arrive on the 20th...project begins then...
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression the Offworld was based on the Hartford Model.

I was under the impression the Hartford use a S&W 38 NOT a Bulldog 38 model gun, and modified the frame to look more like a Bulldog.

I was under the impression this was done so they could buy the Airsoft S&W model so it could fire, and a cap firing version of the S&W model was also offered.

I have not held nor tried either of these models.

I can say you can do so with my model and PERHAPS do so with a Sid Kit as it was based off my models, BUT may not fit correctly due to the recasting resizing.

The Tomenosuke pro and kit are very close and with a little work could be fitted....

It will be interesting to see your reports.

My two cents worth.

Rich
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: can real bull dog parts fit an Off World blaster Reply with quote

darthwolf7 wrote:
hey everybody I recently picked up some parts...grip frame, cylinder chamber, etc from an original 44 Charter Arms bulldog & was wondering if I can exchange them with parts in my Off World blaster ? they haven't arrived yet since I just purchased them. Hoping so if not I will be getting my own blaster project going constructing off of the frame of this bull dog and trying to score various pieces through the forums here! I guess Rich could possibly answer this question? Any info would be cool! Thanks!

The grip frame for all caliber Charters is the same size. Same for the trigger, hammer cylinder release.

The .44 cylinder will not fit as it is considerably taller.

The .44 Charter receiver frame is 1/4 taller than the .38 special frame.

All .38 Charter parts can be interchanged with the OWM parts.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eager to see the transfo darthwolf7
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
I was under the impression the Offworld was based on the Hartford Model.

I was under the impression the Hartford use a S&W 38 NOT a Bulldog 38 model gun, and modified the frame to look more like a Bulldog.

I was under the impression this was done so they could buy the Airsoft S&W model so it could fire, and a cap firing version of the S&W model was also offered.

I have not held nor tried either of these models.

Rich

Your impressions are partially right. The Hartford does use a S&W at its base, but the Offworld (starting with the resin kit), only used the external parts of the Hartford. I matched up the Offworld interior parts and they use a real CA .38 Bulldog at it's center. Molded directly off of those gun parts, and yes, the gun is smaller than the .44 in the cylinder and just a bit in the height of the frame. The rest of the parts all match the .44.

I also have a poorly painted Offworld resin kit, but I can see even as is, where the parts match. Also, the Offworld resin kit Steyr parts will fit on the Hartford. The funny thing is that they shortened the grips to match your model more. Wink

The other thing is that even though the Hartford production model matches the the original kit so closely, they made some small changes and many of the parts no longer fit each other, but otherwise they are nearly identical. The grips are nearly interchangeable as well. They are a little shorter on the Offworld compared to the Hartford, but they are very close to each other as well. Interestingly the grip frame on the Hartford seems a little mismatched, and it makes me wonder if they had planned on using a Charter Arms originally.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I stand corrected.

Rich
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy for the thorough answer; it never fails to bring me closer to finally be able to distinguish between all the variations and all the models out there
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Andy! I've never seen the Off World resin kit??? Didn't even know it existed!?! Its cool to learn all these little details! I'm really looking forward to putting these parts on...I will post pics...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to make some changes and updates on this, but much of the history is here... http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=132&start=0

And here... http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1378

I want to make a family tree too at some point, as well as an identification guide. I never got a lot of the pics I was looking for. I can make my own or use what I grabbed online until I can own all the versions of the gun.

Andy
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...my parts arrived today and as Sandy said, they are an exact fit for the Off World...it is going to require some modifications but I think with dome time, patience and a little creative craftsmanship I can make this work and add a serious amount of heft to this model blaster! I will be too busy to jump right on it but the task will begin in about s week or so... I will post as many pictures as I can along the way...I'm very excited to get this going but I have other projects that require my attention first! Til then, for anyone with an OW M2019....38 Charter Arms Bulldog grip frames and cylinders will fit your blasters with some mods!!! This is great news...
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy's nickname is now Sandy ...I kid, I kid.

Good news; eager to see that stuff off the ground and flying!
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid phone!?!? Sorry Andy!???
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: I did it!!!! Reply with quote

I am extremely excited to announce that the .38 Charter Arms Bulldog parts I have DO FIt on my Off World M2019!!!!!! The modifications were fairly simple but did require some machine tools. Unfortunately, all the photos I took along the way ended up getting deleted from my camera somehow!? I'm not very happy about it but I can post final pictures and give detailed explanations ofhow I got everything to work!!! I will do so later as I am busy at the moment...
So glad to see the forum back in action!! It was missed greatly!
Again, I will be posting photos of the final product soon...the good news is, it works, it looks great and it adds some SERIOUS weight to the blaster!...
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news that it's a good fit...yes, by all means: pics
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photographs will be posted later on as I got to go to work...rest assured it works and adds some serious weight to the blaster! My one friend was amazed athow much it felt better and less rattling going on....all.most feels real! Next to add Oz's aluminum bolt set and a metal barrel and I'm done with mods...then to blue it up to match the cylinder!
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: A few shots of the installed cylinder! Reply with quote

So..after some very quick modifications with a few files and s small hammer...I installed the real .38 caliber/ 5 round cylinder quite easily!! I will take the grips apart and show you the aluminum frame from the real Bulldog...it was a little work sith a few drill bits and a drill press...also you'll need a jewelers saw and a little patience... it took about 2 hours to do both modifications and it has added some Serious weight to this bad boy...next the grip color....and Oz's aluminum parts for the Steyr...it should feel pretty sweet by then!

So there you go for now...if anyone has any questions feel free to ask! Enjoy! Cheers!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days Shocked you're a machine dude Very Happy Really good transfo there and it's true that nothing replaces a real gun in terms of heft, feel and fit.
Keep up the good work and really eager to see the Oz's pieces being fitted on the Steyr parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: