FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
SIDKIT build up all metal PKD. UK Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: SIDKIT build up all metal PKD. UK Sale Reply with quote

Need to fund some new projects, so having to let this go.

Thread over at the RPF here:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/sidkit-all-...laster-189117/

This is the Sidkit all metal version that came out around 2007, just before the Worldcon version.

I have made several modifications to bring it nearer to the Worldcon version- fake on/off switch, cut out on cylinder cover, machine screws added to the LHS mag clip, dome headed screws added where applicable.

Everything works fine- cylinder release works (although not when bullets are in the cylinder), LEDs in five positions work (real switch is located in front of the trigger guard, at the back of the mag clip), cylinder opens/closes and is nice and tight, bolt opens/closes securely, hammer works with the trigger (I must stress this is made from soft metal, so won't withstand continued/heavy trigger action- it has been repaired once). Comes with 5 dummy bullets.

The PKD is painted, so you have to be careful not to knock it too much to avoid scratches (there are a couple of small paint scratches- on the cylinder and the receiver for example. BTW, the main screw isn't attached- I will attach this when sent, picture added.

Sidkits are made from soft metal pewter, so you really need to be careful. It's solid, but won't stand alot of 'playing with'. Just take it easy! A couple of screw threads were stripped, due to the softness, so I've had to add some epoxy (invisible) to strengthen- LH amber grip and trigger guard (just to add strength).

Looking for £400, which includes insured postage and PP fees.
I only accept PP and this is a UK sale only- won't be shipping this outside the country.

PM me if interested.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean build and nice weapon for sure...good luck with the sale
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have done before I contacted a few or my old imposable to deliver English orders informing them of your offer on the RPF.

Good Luck.

(I would rather see a fan with a Blaster than NOT.)

Rich
Spoony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, guys.

The Sidkit PKD is as thing of beauty, it's just a shame they are becoming less and less available.

I would really like to keep this, but there's far too many nice things coming out that need my £££s.

Why is this hobby so damn expensive?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you will like my answer:

Well in the case of the little old home small shop based propmaker (like myself)

It is a matter of the long hours of labor and the high cost of supplies to make the models.

In the case of some big time companies that buy large runs from China it is GREED.

Consider MR’s old Classic Com, Price of $350.00. OK Got that?

NOW consider Star Trek Esperance selling a SLIGHTLY cheaper made version (so close that the back cover was interchangeable: even the four screws…) then for $49.95 and they sold so well they when back three times and reordered…

NOW consider Diamond Select and their copy of the same com for $29.95 and they PAID for the uses of all those voice tracks. (so close that the back cover was interchangeable: even the four screws…)

And all of them made money, and the last two did more than one run. (so close that the back cover was interchangeable: even the four screws…)

SO if you can sell at $29.95 how much did you pay?

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: