FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Almost Human
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sad indictment on the Fox organisation.
Cancel this and finance a third season of The Following which is basically 44 minutes of overwhelming negative energy? Very disappointing.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Fox even bothers putting sci-fi shows on the air. They never renew them.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy if they'd cancel Bill O'rielly..
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me started Bwood
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
DreddRunner
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad to hear that it was cancelled. Urban and Ealy had great chemistry, but the show was inconsistent.
I have read online that the episodes were shown out of order, but regardless of that, I think they made a mistake by not concentrating on the "Wall" storyline, and the scientist who created the DRN's.

I wonder though if Karl Urban would have come back even if it were renewed?

I have read comments he has made at some fan conventions about how grueling the 16 hour days could be, and how it kept him from his family.

More so the time away from his family, not implying that he couldn't handle the work hours.

In the end it seemed like a wasted opportunity. The show could have been so much more.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it was a triple threat month for JJ's shows.

Almost Human, Revolution, and Believe have have all been cancelled. How will the world go on without these three uninspired mediocre shows. Guess we'll just have to suffer through all those incredible quality shows where the creators actually give a rat's ass.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guess we'll just have to suffer through all those incredible quality shows where the creators actually give a rat's ass.

Oh yes, those...
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't already planned, this trifecta will probably see the end of JJ`s involvement with television anyway. Fringe will always be a stand out for mine and Almost Human had the best potential to mature. The rest, not so much.

Just curious, are people seeing the new SW universe as a Disney or a JJ thing?
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be too soon to make a call on this. The proof will be in the pudding..
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Webber wrote:
If it wasn't already planned, this trifecta will probably see the end of JJ`s involvement with television anyway. Fringe will always be a stand out for mine and Almost Human had the best potential to mature. The rest, not so much.

Just curious, are people seeing the new SW universe as a Disney or a JJ thing?

Hopefully his unique "style" of moviemaking will force him back to TV and he can do more things like Felicty and less uninspired half baked Sci-Fi like Star Trek 2, Super 8, Almost Human and the last 3 seasons of Lost. Or maybe he can do some Katheryn Heigl Romantic Comedies with all those new sensitive, soulful guys from the new Star Wars movie.
Jens2133
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hirohawa wrote:
Hopefully his unique "style" of moviemaking will force him back to TV.

I must admit you have a point. Your reaction to "Almost Human" reminds me of my own to Into Darkness. Though I am not much of a Star Trek fan, I like the universe and was apalled to see a plot that does not concern itself with any of the in-universe rules or physics (stellar and planetary distances for one). Physics do not change in a new timeline. And that is only the most basic of my problems with JJ Trek.

With Almost Human, I could not find as much of Mr Abrams' footprints in it as I had feared.

It is a bit like with my affection towards "Prometheus", I love the film for what it could be, I hate it for the general mess it is.

Returning to Almost Human, maybe they didn't realize the show's potential with some of the story lines and wavered too much around. Almost the same happened with "Total Recall 2070".

What can be achieved storytelling-wise on a limited budget can be seen on the Swedish "Real Humans" series, but someone else has already pointed that out early in this very thread, I think.

Mike Stoklasa of redlettermedia.com called Mr Abrams a gifted action director, and I would totally second that. If only he didn't have these strange ideas about storytelling and his stupid, stupid "mystery box" concept.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we come back to the same concept every time: good story telling is the key (and character development and good sets/props,etc) Wink

Now, if someone had the vision to put all of this together I'll give a name that I would like to see on T.V.: Duncan Jones...'nuf said Smile
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time Ive ever been dissapointed by a Director to the point of dwelling on it was the opening day of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, got over that.

Im niether a fan nor a hater of Abrams but he is very interesting, putting subjective quality judgements aside, his prolific body of work in recent years in such a volatile genre and industry is staggering.

This man has taken to wearing a pillow on his head as the industry has been throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at him for years, again, for years and has been handed the keys to the biggest, fastest and loudest car on the racetrack, fascinating. Walk up to the first stranger you see on the street and ask them for just $1 to help you make a movie.............

The question was posed earlier if fans thought of the new SW as a Disney or Abrams thing as I know bugger all about it. Stood in line opening day of every SW movie but not a hardcore fan and only saw the new cast picture a week ago. Not interested in wading through all the blah blah of therpf thread.
PoliMan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that the show was cancelled. A shame. Maybe it should have had more direction. They sold it a lot with the producers, directors, and writers always doing interviews. But maybe if more effort was placed on the story flow we would still have a show. I thought the cast was fine. And nothing is wrong with a future detective show and building characters. But I guess the larger audience felt like the show didn't do enough with the other stories to keep them watching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: