FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
TAKAGI TYPE M2019BLASTER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C64ME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Welcome to Propsummit C64ME...there's a lot of great guns out there (please, check your wallet at the door) Very Happy

Thank you! I have had a Coyle in the past, and I have A Tomenosuke on order. I will get a Takagi eventually.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear
C64ME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruprekt wrote:
My Takagi just cleared customs... Although that silver custom version haunts me. I may have to give you some business Mr. Coyle....

Have you gotten your blaster yet Ruprekt? I am fighting the urge to order one of these.
Ruprekt
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C64ME wrote:
Ruprekt wrote:
My Takagi just cleared customs... Although that silver custom version haunts me. I may have to give you some business Mr. Coyle....

Have you gotten your blaster yet Ruprekt? I am fighting the urge to order one of these.

It's all here. Don't fight it, just go with it Shocked

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451
C64ME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruprekt wrote:
C64ME wrote:
Ruprekt wrote:

It's all here. Don't fight it, just go with it Shocked

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451

Haha I just may do that. Thanks for the link!!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have versions of most of the blasters except a Takagi EK. As much as part of me wants to keep getting the new improved versions of the blasters, it is the old and awkward looking ones that often thrill me the most because they are so different. With Karl's pics being public, all the replicas are starting to look identical. I miss some of the old school ones. I can see why at some point people stopped collecting new toy robots and guns and started going back to the old tin stuff. They are almost pieces of art because they are truly unique, and only barely influenced by the film one. I still need to get a Takagi at some point. He is one of my heroes, and he is one of us (gooble gobble) Wink.

I own several Coyle and Rick Ross guns, and may get more down the road, and a couple Tomenosuke versions including the pro kit and stunt. I have a Hartford PFC and a Sidkit. I have over 30 in total. Still it is the unique ones that really make me smile including many of the Chinese and Japanese toy knock offs. I still love this hobby, but can't afford to have them all anymore. Takagi Elfin Knights project is next on my list though.

Andy
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I have versions of most of the blasters except a Takagi EK. As much as part of me wants to keep getting the new improved versions of the blasters, it is the old and awkward looking ones that often thrill me the most because they are so different. With Karl's pics being public, all the replicas are starting to look identical. I miss some of the old school ones. I can see why at some point people stopped collecting new toy robots and guns and started going back to the old tin stuff. They are almost pieces of art because they are truly unique, and only barely influenced by the film one. I still need to get a Takagi at some point. He is one of my heroes, and he is one of us (gooble gobble) Wink.

I own several Coyle and Rick Ross guns, and may get more down the road, and a couple Tomenosuke versions including the pro kit and stunt. I have a Hartford PFC and a Sidkit. I have over 30 in total. Still it is the unique ones that really make me smile including many of the Chinese and Japanese toy knock offs. I still love this hobby, but can't afford to have them all anymore. Takagi Elfin Knights project is next on my list though.

Andy

Well said. That is why I love Rick Ross' designs. They just feel Blade Runner and ooze charm.

Having said that A Takagi Blaster is on it's way to my doorstep.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I keep getting Rick Ross ones as well. He should be working in films doing prop designs for film. His stuff has already been used in film as we saw in Andromeda, and also for the film Immortal by Bilal, the CGI police were carrying his side arms.

Andy
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Yeah, I keep getting Rick Ross ones as well. He should be working in films doing prop designs for film. His stuff has already been used in film as we saw in Andromeda, and also for the film Immortal by Bilal, the CGI police were carrying his side arms.

Andy

I agree. Rick is a very talented designer and also his finishing skills are pretty impressive too.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
With Karl's pics being public, all the replicas are starting to look identical. I miss some of the old school ones.

Are you saying I'm the destroyer of the hobby? Wink

k
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, now Karl Wink ...it's just that the mysteries of the prop and its interpretation by people getting blind looking at screen caps are a thing of the past.
Thank God for Rick and DaveG; those interpretations are still fun (I know, snub nose models, but nevertheless fun).
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me the goal has ALWAYS been as accurate as possible including prop flaws.

I think the fun was with each new model you thought “THIS IS IT!!” This is the most accurate model ever…until the next one came along.

So that quest is over. Now it is down to prop recreation or factory toy.

There were a bunch of builders of prop recreations now there is only me. (I think)

There are now two factory made toys to buy.

The quest is over...

Rich
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
As for me the goal has ALWAYS been as accurate as possible including prop flaws.

I think the fun was with each new model you thought “THIS IS IT!!” This is the most accurate model ever…until the next one came along.

So that quest is over. Now it is down to prop recreation or factory toy.

There were a bunch of builders of prop recreations now there is only me. (I think)

There are now two factory made toys to buy.

The quest is over…

Rich

Not yet Blade Runner Sequel starts the whole process over again. Hopefully we don't have to wait 25 years to get ahold of the real prop this time.
spinner 44
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Now, now Karl Wink ...it's just that the mysteries of the prop and its interpretation by people getting blind looking at screen caps are a thing of the past.
Thank God for Rick and DaveG; those interpretations are still fun (I know, snub nose models, but nevertheless fun).

Well I can tell you my story. After studying the blaster from stills, dvd grabs and magazines, when Karl released the photos it was as if the extraterrials had come to me so say hi! I can't tell how incredibly gratefull I am for all the pics he and Rich provided.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as prop replicas of the blaster I see many that are "perfect-imperfect", "Imperfect-perfect", but none that are "Perfect-perfect". What I mean by that is that some go for high quality finish construction, but lesser in over all detail accuracy, or maybe the details are right, but the finish is inconsistent.

What I still loved with all the old versions of the gun is that people had no problem adding their own design and functional elements to make the prop work in their eyes. There was some really creative stuff going on, and I include Richard as one of the forefathers of this using creative electronics, sound and lighting effects, and his own takes on the mechanical functions. Now days we know what the gun is and is made of, and we don't go off on tangents as we used too. I would like to see some creative reinterpretations of the gun and its function like we are seeing the light saber builders, and even beginning to see with the Syd Mead concept gun. Ignore the fact that there is a revolver inside and pretend it is an all new weapon with special functions.

Get back to being creative and maybe the new ideas may influence the new film makers. We have seen that with Yoda's light saber being a fan creation used in the film. Why not some of us come up with new designs even that just fit in the BR universe. Like the way Rick Ross has done. I want to see more 1940's art deco influence, and design elements too. How about an add on stock and barrel like the Man From UNCLE gun?

There are many ways we can go with it, and I think we should have a contest for most creative "In Universe" prop builds, or even just concept designs. I would be willing put up some stuff for prizes myself.

Andy
C64ME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by C64ME on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pierre990429
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today; ordered it from the "Kokkado" store at rakuten (link at page 2), directly. No problem for shipping to France. No customs troubles except for 20% taxes (as usual with EMS international). Sad

I must say I find the build quality very good. The bolt lever does work (I can't lift it totally on my pre-assembled Tomenosuke Pro - and I've seen I'm not the only one).

The cylinder was a bit tricky to open and then close again, but not "too much". (did it 2 times - didn't insert the bullets yet) Indeed, a spring must be rather stiff here.

I had to understand that I have to unscrew the two screws (I have little screwdrivers for fixing watches, and used one of them) to access the battery and remove the little piece of paper. All 5 LEDs work.
Why do they need a PX28 or 6xLR44 battery - 6V ? (Tomenosuke used a classic CR2032 - 3V) There is no "dramatic increase of the luminosity", as on the Tomenosuke : it's immediate.

Question : why did Takagi put a little "ring" (don't know the correct English word) on both screws on the LED compartment opposed to the "ON-OFF switch" side ? (please look at photos on earlier pages)
Normally, only the one closest to the cannon end has one, no ? An easy fix : I removed it.
Any comments about this ?

The "LED compartment" feels a little bit loose, even with the 2 screws back. Not a big deal, really. At least it won't be stuck where I want to release it.

The gun came with the "slotted screw" mounted (again, I'm not sure how to call it, sorry), not the "weaver knob". (which is logical imho)

Takagi added a spare weaver knob, and a short length of double white cable (like the one that could be seen on the hero blaster, and that was maybe thought for lighting the 2 green LEDs on the sight rod, but finally never used - ? - ).

There are also, of course, the 5 bullets, a "thing" to "prepare" them, a little set of tools, and the Japanese manual.

The blaster feels lighter than the Tomenosuke Pro. (where I have, it's true, inserted the fake bullets)

To summarize, I'm very happy about this. Smile Smile Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed feed-back Pierre (Merci pour la retro-action détaillée)
Pierre990429
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome ! Smile

The Off-On switch is a bit different than on the Tomenosuke : it's smaller, and "protruding" less, so you need smaller fingers to activate it Razz

As seen on the photos, the bolt lever finish is totally glossy. (it was half-glossy on the Tome Pro and seems matte on the Retailer)
The trigger guard and the bolt are black too, but you can still "feel" visually the metal. Same for the sight rod. (seems weird said like that, I know - I'm new in replica guns collecting and don't know the correct terms)

To me, the Takagi is like a "Black Tomenosuke Pro". The retailer feels somewhat "different", maybe because of the matte parts that weren't on the Pro ?

Of course, this is very subjective.
Trickshot72

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixon wrote:
I wish I could get one of these into the UK without issues with customs Sad
Mine flew through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: