FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Deckard’s blaster prop replica by Richard Coyle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner Deckard’s blaster prop replica by Richard Coyle Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161347252312&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Although I wish it were not the case, the time has come to sell this beautiful replica of Deckard’s blaster pistol from the classic sci-fi film Blade Runner.

EBAY NOTE: This is not actually a gun and it cannot be made to fire. It is made from cast metal and plastic. It is for display by adult collectors only.

This model was built for me by Mr. Coyle himself, and it represents some of his best work. The centerpiece of this build is the machined stainless-steel barrel. Other replicas such as those made by Tomenosuke/Marushin and Daiki Kogyo (Elfin Knights project) cannot use metal barrels because of legal reasons.

This is the version made after the revelations of the 2006 Worldcon sci-fi convention in Los Angeles. Mr. Coyle and I examined the original prop gun at that time, being among the first civilians to do so since the film ended production.

For a time Mr. Coyle marketed this version under the name “CS&T Worldcon,” the initials referring to himself, Mr. Phil Steinschneider and myself, Karl Tate.

Mr. Coyle constructed this replica based on his own observations and my photographs of the prop that were taken at Worldcon. The model has been in my collection since I received it and is in excellent shape.

The five red and two green LEDs light with a flick of the ON/OFF switch. The wires for the green sight rod LEDs are concealed internally rather than running outside the gun and covered with black electrical tape like the original prop. The lights glow dimly but a fresh battery would return them to full brilliance.

The bolt lever can be raised and pulled back. This model features the slotted screw on the right side as seen in the film, not the larger Weaver scope knob that is presently on the actual prop gun.

NOTE: I would NOT recommend pulling the triggers due to the fragility of this piece. It is a model, not a real firearm.

The same goes for the cylinder cover. It CAN be released and swung open, but CAREFULLY. The cylinder comes complete with dummy .44 rounds.

The clip can be pulled out for battery changes, but don’t pull too far or you could break the delicate wires. This piece looks fantastic but treat it gently like the museum-quality replica that it is and you’ll enjoy it for years to come.

Please note: Item is for sale as-is. Refer to the photos for item’s current condition (the photos were taken earlier today). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Karl...always a beauty for sure Cool
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just over a day left on this blaster!
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In going through some papers I found the original signed Certificate of Authenticity and the plaque that go with this Blaster! So those will be included with the replica.

Only an hour or so left to bid! Shocked
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
In going through some papers I found the original signed Certificate of Authenticity and the plaque that go with this Blaster! So those will be included with the replica.

Only an hour or so left to bid! Shocked

Nice!
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NOTE: I would NOT recommend pulling the triggers due to the fragility of this piece.

I am assuming that the trigger(s) themselves are metal, ergo (they) should not be that fragile. Can you explain? Confused
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The triggers are a zinc casting and strong, the front trigger is not spring loaded and should not be pulled as it is only a dummy.

The rear trigger is fine and should work the hammer.

IF not I will repair any problem with it.

As any problem.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: