FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Narcissus by Halcyon - Full Interior Build Up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Baker
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Narcissus by Halcyon - Full Interior Build Up Reply with quote

I am new to this site and have been enjoying it immensely. Today I ran across the thread by Praxis_Effect about hie cockpit build up.
I tried a similar thing a few years ago but I was trying to recreate the entire interior as we saw it on screen. The funny problem I ran into was that the interior we saw was way undersized if you put it into the hull- the opposite of the TARDIS interiors most common. Going by the height of the door the model is almost 1:144 if a person was to walk through it upright. I build most of my interior from the parts box greebly on hand, trying to get the key areas accurate but stretching things around to fill the hull properly.

I did modify the kits windows to be larger- they just did not look right to me compared to the original Narcissus (the Aliens version is what the kit seems to be based on.

Interior (I also tried to fill in the space between the cabin and hull with hardware)

I was scratch building the seats when the project stalled out- I still have it on my shelf and I would like to get it finished eventually.

I apologize for both the blurry camera, I was limited back then.

Richard
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you did a heck of a job there Cool and yes, that Narcissus is the Aliens version...As far as the interior of the original model made for Alien, the cockpit was a jumble of kit greeblies that never matched the film one.
Yours is 100% closer to the film for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Scale Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: