FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
• A KODAK MOMENT - RACHAEL'S CHILDHOOD PHOTO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as an European, that's not something for me Wink ...and yes, she was a little "out there" at that point in her life Confused
Metropolis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had a problem with this picture, because the little girl doesn't look like Sean Young ... however, the "mom" actually looks like Sean Young. ........Could that be Sean Young?
This would mean the little girl is Rachael's "mother". Which could be what a female Replicant calls the female who's memories were downloaded into her "brain".
Remember, the memories Deckard referred to were childhood memories.
Note the little girl's nurse uniform. "...you were gonna play "Doctor".."
So why did Rachael cry? Maybe because what Deckard needed "help for" was admitting he was a Replicant.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: NON-SEAN Reply with quote

While I would agree that they were fortunate to find someone who could well pass as a sister to Sean Young (and there are certainly close similarities) — that was the point. The actress in question does fit the bill. But in my attempts to recreate this portrait, having studied the facial structure of Sean in other photos taken around the time of the film's run and shortly thereafter, I rejected this idea. I do not in any way think this mother-daughter portrait actually features Sean Young. In other photos the shape of Sean's mouth (teeth), the nose, the jawline and particularly the eyes - reveal a very different face from that proposed to be of Rachael/Sarah's mother. There are numerous examples online and I've found nothing to convince me otherwise. I only with it were that easy . . . . Confused IMHO

That said, the implied connection between Decker's "playing doctor" comment and the child's outfit is interesting, if in fact any such reference was intended.

We may never know
. - R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metropolis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R13, that comparison shot is so excellent, you've just convinced me more that that is Sean. She's squinting because the sun is directly in her face so her eyes look narrower, otherwise -
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: EYE OF THE BEHOLDER Reply with quote

HA! Wink

You just keep believing, Metro. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But until we have incontrovertible proof, it's simply another topic of Summit discussion. (Maybe she's a replicant . . . )

HAB1! - R13

If it IS Sean, one might think that she would have answered that question by now. No?
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS Reply with quote

Over the past month or two, I have attempted to find a more complete list of the players - one that might include those who played Deckard's wife or Sarah Rosen and her mother.

While it seems Decker's wife might well be the actress who appears in the car during the Zhora chase sequence, she still remains unidentified. And while there is admittedly a similarity between Sean Young and "Rachael's mom", this actress and the child are more in question.

I have found a couple of online listings, with a dozen or so less familiar players, but in searching those out further, it seems most of the names are of stunt artists and doubles. Searching further, few possible candidates have recognizable names or faces. Their pictures are scarce, but some appeared in other films at the time, one being mentioned as a Starfleet officer whose costume was recently auctioned on eBay.

An exception is Alexis Rhee* who played the familiar cigarette-smoking geisha -

But none seem to match the elusive Mrs. Deckard or Mrs. Rosen. - R13

*Confusingly, Ms. Rhee is listed as "Susan Rhee" in the credits, but as "Alexis" through IMDb. No wonder identities get lost . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: