FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Off world blaster heavyweight blaster any good ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Off world blaster heavyweight blaster any good ? Reply with quote

Just wondering if the new off world heavyweight blaster any good ?
It's the one that come after the deluxe version.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't heard of a "new off world heavyweight blaster." Can you explain? I was under the impression the company was out of business..
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean with "any good"? Good at what? Looking good?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 1005 sure what the "Heavyweight" version is, but they did remake a bunch of their external parts in metal which adds a lot more heft to it. It is an improvement to the mostly plastic blaster. It still takes too many of its design cues from the 1990's guns including the RAC Props V3, and the Hartford Japanese guns. The add on parts do help though, and it is a decent cosplay gun if you can get it at a good price.

Andy
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think OWM blaster is great for the price and the metal upgrades which is what I think you are referring to make it quite good. Not as good as a Tomenosuke or a Coyle but pretty damn good.

The only flaw with the OWM is they based it on the smaller .38 caliber Charter Arms revolver which renders the whole blaster about 10% smaller than it should be in many areas.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Offworld isn't off by that much compared to the other blasters. it is a little narrower, but almost the same length. Here is an old thread with dimensuions...

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=158

The main difference is actually in the grip. The Hartford blaster followed Rich's proportions from his early guns, even though they recreated the gun and used a Smith and Wesson (IIRC) .38 for their revolver core. Rich had used a slightly deformed or cut down stunt when he made his gun and grips, so they were too small even when recalculating for the shrinkage and generational loss. The Offworld copied Hartford almost to a tee originally, and some of the parts are even interchangeable with each other still. I have an Offworld metal butt plate on my Hartford now.

Since the main dimensions around the guns are based off of the real Steyr parts, those dimensions are all correct on most of the guns that also used those dimensions, all the way to the Tomenosuke. The only variations would be the cylinder covers and grips. Some slight shifting of the parts and barrel might account for a quarter of an inch, but no where near 10%.

I may have to update the comparison dimensions to add the Tomenosuke. Rich also fixed his grip length as well. The Offworld has pretty small grips though, and are not comfortable to too many.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: