FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
best blaster replica and question

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deckard_0489
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: best blaster replica and question Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm a big fan of Blade Runner and i love the 2019 lapd blaster, i think he is the best looking futuristic handgun ever created.
Can you tell me what is the best replica ever produced?
And another question that I've always been, the bolt action chamber with what should be loaded in the film?
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Deckard_0489. The answer to your question of which Blade Runner blaster is best really comes down to personal preference. One of the members here, Rich Coyle, has been building and refining his blasters for years, and many consider his to be among the best. There are also the blasters made by Tomenosuke, but they are limited in number and now pop up on places like ebay for more than their original retail price. Then there's Takagi, as well as Offworld blasters...

There's also the question of price. These blasters can range anywhere from a few hundred dollars to $1500, so the "best" blaster may also depend on how much a particular person is willing to spend.

The best thing to do is to become acquainted with each version, know its strong points as well as its shortcomings, and then decide for yourself which is the best fit for you.
CessnaDriver
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bolt action was never used in the film of course, nor has there ever been anything definitive on it's purpose. So go with whatever reason and ammo you would like to imagine. It was there to look good on film.
I like to imagine it was for some futuristic less lethal solution along the lines of what a taser does these days.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might enjoy this on the Blaster:

http://www.racprops.com/issue4/brblaster/

Rich
Deckard_0489
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so everyone can interpret in his own way the functions of the blaster!
I also like to think that the second trigger need to shoot a ''special'' shot!
Another question, which materials are built replicas?
There are some replicas of the blaster made ​​with real pieces of bulldog and mannlicher?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF your in the USA then you can consider getting one of my models and replacing the cast Bulldog with a real Bulldog.

Other wise my model is the only one made by casting molds off real Bulldog and a real Steyr.

First check out all the threads on Blade Runner here:

http://www.racprops.com/

Then check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191132178835?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

80% of the other models are copies of my work either by recasting or by making new tooling using my model as a guild.

I started making models of the Blade Runner model in1985.

Rich
Deckard_0489
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick, unfortunately i don't live in usa, however my question was just curiosity, now i can not spend this price for a blaster, maybe in future! Thanks anyway
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK first is where are you located?

Next would be what is your budget :

In the under $500.00 range I would say an Off World model is the most complete version, it is undersized due to being a copy of the Hartford model which used a S&W 38 as the base model which Off World copied as well. (which was as Andy said a copy based off one of my models.)

Next over $500.00 but under $1000.00 would have been Elfin Knights BLADE RUNNER Takagi Type M2019 Blaster New In Box Cap Firing IF you can find one at that price.

Next would be over $1000.00 would be TOMENOSUKE Blaster PRO Retailer Edition BLADE RUNNER Limited 2019 Movie PROP Gun running $1300.00 again IF you can get one. They often go higher.(Again based off one of my models)

The only model still in production is Off World (I believe) and mine.

The only model that has “after the sale” service is Off World (perhaps) and mine.

Then there is the stunt models: models with no moving parts like resin models. These can be recast models and some are pretty bad.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: