FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Any news on the new Blade runner movie?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Any news on the new Blade runner movie? Reply with quote

i was wondering if anyone has heard any new on the new blade runner movie?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go on the General Blade Runner Discussion and see the latest over there...but so far, no news from the fact that Harrison Ford has looked at the screenplay and is very interested to participate in the new movie.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: OLD NEWS Reply with quote

The latest I've seen/read:

From IMDb:
According to one of the film's producers, Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Rick Deckard from Blade Runner (1982). Scott talked about the sequel's story & what involvement Ford will have as he went on to say: "We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one. Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it's about finding him; he comes in in the third act."

Another online "source" stated that while Scott will produce, he will now not direct - a point that is probably true, but seems to change with each online revelation. Deckard is said be the center of the plot - a search, with Ford only reprising his role toward the very end when he is found. Sounds similar to the point quoted on IMDb. But exactly how valid this last note/rumor is, one cannot say . . .

And there's this older posting on Fords' positive reaction to the story:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/harrison-ford-loves-blade-runner-2-script-1201378743/

No doubt there will be more changes as production nears, if the film ever really happens. Both Scott and Ford continue to be busy with other, more pressing projects.

Either way, I've mixed feeling about any sequel/prequel/reboot - whatever it eventually becomes. - R13
CessnaDriver
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hope to hear it gets cancelled.
This is our "Citizen Kane". Let it be that.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: LOOKING FORWARD TO THE PAST Reply with quote

Agreed Driver. But I remain curious.

I respect what Ridley's brought to us over the years - what would science fiction be like without his contributions? For all the criticism, try to imagine our world without a Lucas or Scott.

But curious as I may be of what we might see in BR2, Although I enjoyed it (on its own, even with the flaws) PROMETHEUS fogs my memory and now discolors my viewings of ALIEN.

It's just rare that a sequel/prequel can live up to the impact of a fresh idea.

I would have liked it better if PROMETHEUS wasn't connected, even vaguely.

BR? Time will tell. If it does happen, I only hope we don't have to wait another 25+ years for an authentic prop or legitimate soundtrack.

My 4-year lifespan will be up way before that . . .

HAB1! - R13
Gprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info replicant 13. The first movie is defenetly a classic and would be hard to reproduce, but it would be awesome just to see the story of decard continue on screen. As long as Ridley is involved I feel this would be an awesome movie. He mentions in interviews that blade runner is his best and favorite movie I'm sure he would not want to discredit that.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: GREAT SCOTT! Reply with quote

Props -

I think most of my points are covered elsewhere by now. Wish we had more to go on, but at this early stage a lot can change.

I share your thoughts, but Ridley kinda dropped the ball on PROMETHEUS in many a fan's mind. Granted, it's impossible to live up to our collective expectations, but there were some questionable plot points. Even so, I too enjoyed being taken into his creative mind another time. Always do.

Hopefully he (and Ford) will steer this one straight through those Tannhäuser Gates.

- R13
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goggle the name of the movie your interested in plus the word news and you should get all the info you need GProps, you then have to sought out the fact from the fiction.

Piggy Heaven. A new Alien, Blade Runner and Prometheus all in the same era. Staggering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: