FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
After 25 years finally got my Blaster!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: After 25 years finally got my Blaster! Reply with quote

I wanted the thing since I was 10 (I actually made one,with a plastic .45 and parts from a construction kit I had).I bought the Offworld pistol,dummy rounds and a holster I modified for a total of $250.I'm not very skiled so this is better than the kit option for me and cheaper than the built up and I'm happy with it.Would be nice if the trigger guard,backstrap and butt plate were metal but I'm still happy with it.The holster isn't leather but hey I'm not Rick Deckard,anyway doesn't leather (even synthetic)go against the grain on the BR universe? Very Happy The blaste pictured in the centerfold of the souvenir magazine(my introduction to BR)was double barreled as is the one on the Marvel superspecial I believe maybe because the artist thought 2 triggers meant 2 barrels?I ramble on but I'm the curious sort and I've enjoyed seeing what you guys have to say(not to mention the kits you've built which I envy)look forward to discussions with you.....
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steevy and welcome to the community!! I am anxious to see pics of your blaster and holster

This is the only pic of my BR Blaster. It is a Rick Ross PKDv2. I had a magnum kit, but gave it away I am also waiting to see what the metal versions of the WorldCon blaster are coming out to make another purchase. That and it looks like Rick Ross has some nifty kits that i still need to get as well. Argh, so many choices and so little cash!

Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blaster in the marvel comic isn't double barrelled. In fact Al Williamson, and Carlos Garzon drew almost exclusively from set photos and promotional photos, and if you're like me and you own a stack of them, you recognize where many of the panels in the comic book came from.

Robert Altemus the artist who did the center spread, also did the "art direction and design" on the souvenir mag. His drawing is actually my least favorite of any BR derived art. His colors are good, but he used a lot of negative space needlessly, and his overall composition was pretty poor too. Though I like elements of that drawing (a lot) the piece overall is far from great. And for someone with access to all the promo photos, he should have known it wasn't a double barrelled gun. IMHO anyway.

Now then, CONGRATS on getting your first BR blaster!! The offworld model is a great model for people who don't want a kit. Please take some photos and post them in the thread! We all love seeing how other folks display or modify thier stuff.

When I was a kid I made one from one of those wood and metal pirate pistols you get at the fair. I put a PVC pipe on top, added a cardboard magazine to the bottom, and painted on little red dots. It broke an hour after I made it. I jumped off the back of the couch, dropped it, all she wrote. Laughing

My first "real" one was a Coyle V3 given to me by a friend as a birthday gift. It's still probably the favorite one in my blaster collection just because of it being a nice surprise, and a heartfelt gift from one BR blaster fanatic to another.

Do you plan on expanding your collection, or are you good settling for the 1 blaster? UNlike many of us here. hahahaha.
Shocked
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Like potato chips I doubt I can stop at one....My pictures are only coming up as text,not sure why...
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Are you still going to post pics? I'd like to see what your blaster looks like.Thanks
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: here ya go Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: