FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Tagaki PVC type

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Tagaki PVC type Reply with quote

Ive just bought the Tagaki PVC / ABS type blaster. Non-firing, solid, and no working lights. I have a heavy duty Off-World with all the extras, but I always wanted a blaster that was accurate but a bit more play worthy that i could take to conventions. Not worry about dropping.

Anyone else bought one of these / can make comment?

You can see it on ebay. Its the one in a see through box.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on order and canceled after all the poor reviews. Lots of people had warpage and badly misshaped parts.
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Oooppss Reply with quote

Well i have already made payment, kind of an impulse buy since there was only three left. I guess i will just have to see what it is like. Heard some good stuff too.
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Seller from hell Reply with quote

In a weird twist of fate, the seller cancelled, since i read other comments about how the plastic on the barrell was very warped, so i asked the seller if they wouldnt mind checking it over, since i want to give them positive feedback and it would mean a lot if they checked it. Well with their pigeon English they thought i was being threatning, didnt want anything to do with me, and cancelled the order. Suits me fine. Wombats!!!
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you dodged a bullet. Only way I would ever buy one is if it was in front of me and I could verify no warpage.

Greta price but totally irrelevant if it is wonky.
FlyingDachshund

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a few decent ones, and a few that were slightly messed up yet considered acceptable by their owners, but I think I've only seen one or two that were straight and none of them looked anything like the advertised images or even the pictures on the product packaging. Mine was a complete mess, IMO. For a mass produced product like this, I really don't see how the blasters can vary so much in quality. Even getting a replacement for mine would have been a crap-shoot, so I took a refund instead. I'm on the list for Richard's run of stunt hero blasters - that's a much better bet for quality and accuracy.

Mark in Okinawa
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one in December but it looks like the USPS lost it, or it wound up in some public employee's personal collection. Still trying to get my money back!

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks big time Dave Exclamation I hope it'll be resolved soon and to your advantage.
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, better late than never! Almost eight weeks (!) after it was shipped my Takagi PVC blaster showed up on my doorstep. Don't you just love the USPS!

My review... to be honest, if I'd seen accurate photos of it before I ordered, I wouldn't have. It's got a lot of warped areas and is about 10 percent undersized. On the other hand, for the price, it's okay for use in cosplay rather than taking your $1,200+ Tomensuke out in public. Or for when your nephew really, really, REALLY wants to play with a blaster (My Firefly blaster met an untimely end that way!).

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Dave...I know, it's not the best (by far) and, as you said, for cosplay only (that should've been written on their box Evil or Very Mad )...but, oh well, now the nephew has something to play with
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's kinda funny is the same day the original order for the blaster arrived t he vendor sent me an email saying he was putting a replacement in the mail, and he sent me a Paypal request for payment for the second one. I'm not sure where that idea came from! I sent him a prompt email asking him to cancel the shipment and billing.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused confusing to say the least...
movieman
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller from hell Reply with quote

Morgan9731 wrote:
In a weird twist of fate, the seller cancelled, since i read other comments about how the plastic on the barrell was very warped, so i asked the seller if they wouldnt mind checking it over, since i want to give them positive feedback and it would mean a lot if they checked it. Well with their pigeon English they thought i was being threatning, didnt want anything to do with me, and cancelled the order. Suits me fine. Wombats!!!

lol What do they cost ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: