FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
IMPORTANT Opportunity to meet a set decorator Deck's Apt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT Opportunity to meet a set decorator Deck's Apt! Reply with quote

Got specific question's about Deckard's Apt?

Please list them below!

Talked to a number of my buddies still working on "Bolden" It's supposed to wrap early Sept. Some the guys were evidently talking about "Rachel's" recent work on One Tree Hill. Turns out one of the crew on Bolden worked as a set decorator on Blade Runner. Specifically the apartment!!!!!!

Evidently he is among several crew members of Bolden talking about moving here permanently but, I'm not going to take a chance. I'm gong to try to get back on the set and meet and greet this guy. Problem is the sets have gone high security because they are filming the "silent film" within the film and quiet is difficult to manage under any circumstances much less with silent film. As I understand there is some silent cut into diferent parts of this silent portion which may have to do witth a mercury poison induced dream that buddy Bolden suffers while in his last days.

Anyway i'm going to do best to meet him, get him to my office or home where my bladeRunner stuff is and hope it prompts his memory.

I have props, set dressings Whitefall's complete sets of paper props and portfolio's plus stuff printed off here and RPF.

Worst case scenario is I have to get someone to slip him a letter explaining my interest and asking for some time.

So here is a 1 in a 100 chance to resource. Please let any BR fan with set decor questions know about this thread so i can cover as much as possible!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, Good to see you here, you have been pretty quiet as late.

I do believe the main person to talk to about this would be Nickdarring. That is pretty much been his baby. Not that we all haven't been interested as well. Nick will for sure have the best questions to ask, so hopefully he will post here soon.

Andy
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy!

I have never had such a busy summer and I was sooo looking forward to a nice quiet relaxed few months. Blah! it's like the more I dug in to kick back...the more crap filled back in!
In the interest of time and efficiency. Could one of you guys contact some of the main "replicants" like Nick and point them here?

BTW I'm listing most my vintage SW collection on ebay which is TIME CONSUMING! . ebay name: jedirick_rpf . Check it out
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rick,

Just wanted to say welcome back

Unfortunately, I am drawing a blank on any questions Sad

Good luck!

Tom
SSB
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did they go shopping (in general) for the apartment furniture? The knicknacks?

Did Ridley have a list of 'must have' items for Deckard's apartment? A list of 'not allowed' items?

Were any of the (set dressing) photographs re-used from set to set? By which I mean did Deckard and Bryant have some of the same pics on their desks?

Where did they get the opium weights?

Where did they get the 'Tsing Tao' style bottles? What were they originally? What about the 'Johnny Walker' bottle?

Any anecdotes / stories about the production?

Sneak in any hidden stuff / jokes?

-Mike
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good questions, you hit on a few I was thinking. Especially where they shopped for the stuff? Instructions from Linda De Scenna and Ridley for what to do? Size and layout of actual set(s)? Of course the Johnny Walker bottles? I am also looking for info on the home version of the Vid Phones. Also any info about the shooting timeline? Like what was shot first and later?.....I am sure I have more...later I hope.
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Deckards Apartment Set Reply with quote

Let's see..... What kinds of things did they use in the Kitchen & bathroom areas? There are a few full tv size monitors around - what are they? What was the dining area table? What did they use for his at home Esper machine? Is all the furniture Lloyd Wright and Makintosh stuff? What was the basic layout of his place?
thanks guys- hope you can get to interview this guy...
-Rustyn
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any addittional info on the Johnny Walker Bottle is the big one for me!
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get to meet this guy allready?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: