FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Tomenosuke kit metal parts and new to the site

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCTGUNR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Tomenosuke kit metal parts and new to the site Reply with quote

Hello propsummit,
I've read many a helpful tip on this site before just clicking around when I first got into my Blade Runner blaster obsession, now I'm posting for the first time.
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post something like this (and I'm sure it's been asked before) But I recently purchased a Tomenosuke Assembly Kit and, to get right to it, I was wondering if there was any place I could buy a metal revolver cylinder and barrel?
The kit is absolutely gorgeous, and even unconstructed it puts my beginner's Off World blaster to shame, but it'd certainly be very cool to have those bits in metal as well.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You basically have three options:

Real Charter Arms .44 Bulldog on gun broker.com

Coyle Metal Bulldog castings - on this board can probably make the parts you need.

Sidkit Metal Bulldog castings - kits and buildups pop up on ebay every so often.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Summit BCTGUNR. As you can see, there's a lot of possible avenue to pimp that kit. Eager to see what you'll cook for us
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you head over to gun broker, you may be able to find a parts kit that will include the steel cylinder for a charter arms bulldog. I don't know if it fits the kit or not though. There may be differences.

The barrel you will have to buy from someone who makes them especially for the tomensuke kit though.

I know there is at least one person who makes them, not sure who that is but other members have purchased them so I'm sure somebody can hook you up.

And yeah, WELCOME aboard the crazy train.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a real Charter arms Bulldog 44 cylinder without having to buy the whole gun or go through gunbroker. They are not regulated as the receivers are, and I have picked them up at ebay, and gun shows. The Barrel does not come from the Bulldog, and was machined by a gunsmith, and metal replicas (non-firing) can occasionally be found here by a few people that make them custom on occasion, and both those that sell off theirs they obtained in the past. You may just have to be patient, or hope a seller sees this post.

Welcome to Propsummit too Wink
Andy
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedibugs here on Propsummit made the last run of barrels for the new Tomenosuke kit.... Got one myself, high quality! Don't know if they sold out?
BCTGUNR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

And thanks for the help, I'll look around for a real cylinder - I don't see that being too hard to find. Hopefully I can find someone who machines these steel barrels as well, and I'll try to get in touch with Jedibugs.

I can't wait to get started on this thing and I'll definitely post updates as I progress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: