FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Another Buddha head thread (paint guide page 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first kit prototype is done and I'm fairly happy with the result!

I need to make new molds with the german silicone, it produces much better castings...

But then I'll start making kits, hopefully already in the beginning of the new year.




_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Beardybloke
Community Member


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 169
Location: Plymouth,uk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Buch if hadn't of been lucky enough to grab the painted ones I'd have been after one of these kits too
_________________
Tell him I'm eating..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
joberg
Community Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 8293

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking real good Anders. Are those slush casting or full resin ones?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Very Happy

The head is hollow (slush casted) and the stand is full casted... Could make a slush casting mold for the stand... havn't decided yet... it would cut down the amount of resin needed but also be more tricky to cast...
_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mr Webber
Community Member


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 1720
Location: Terra Australis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Anders, definitely in for a kit. Cool
_________________
Formerly offworld66
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Webber wrote:
Great job Anders, definitely in for a kit. Cool


Glad to hear! Will post them in the sales thread
_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Sheehan
Community Member


Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Buch. Superb replications. They're are looking almost identical to my original antique Buddha heads below (featured here with my new Vidphone made by the very talented Jameth).




_________________
You've done a man's job, sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Beardybloke
Community Member


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 169
Location: Plymouth,uk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you guys as soon as Buch has the kits up and going I'd snap one up as I just received the painted heads I bought from Buch.
All I can say is what a lovely pair they are, they look great and they feel great the solid resin ones that I have have got a fair bit if weight to them
He even included a little Zhora photo with compliments card in the packaging.
In short I'm over the moon with them and if you don't have the originals then get your heads screwed on and get one of Buch's Wink
_________________
Tell him I'm eating..


Last edited by Beardybloke on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Sheehan
Community Member


Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beardybloke wrote:
If I were you as soon as Buch has the kits up and going I'd snap one up as I just received the painted heads I bought from Buch.
All I can say is what a lovely pair they are, they look great and they feel great the resin ones that I have have got a fair bit if weight to them
He even included a little Zhora photo with compliments card in the packaging.
In short I'm over the moon with them and if you don't have the originals then get your head screwwed one get one of Buch's


I would snap some up, but I already own 2 real antiques. One Japanese, and one Chinese. The Japanese Buddha head is from the 1800's, the Chinese head possibly older. It took me a good while to find matches as good as these. Here's my original post about them: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4686&highlight=buddha+heads+match

I sent Buch some detailed shots of them months back which I assume he used to find some himself. Not easy to come by!
_________________
You've done a man's job, sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Sheehan
Community Member


Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowing working at re-creating a section of Deckard's apartment...


_________________
You've done a man's job, sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Beardybloke
Community Member


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 169
Location: Plymouth,uk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe sorry Sheehan I should have prefix my last post with if I were you guys, I didn't specifically mean you should snap them up as the two original antiques you have are gorgeous. your vidphone looks the business too
_________________
Tell him I'm eating..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheehan wrote:
Beardybloke wrote:
If I were you as soon as Buch has the kits up and going I'd snap one up as I just received the painted heads I bought from Buch.
All I can say is what a lovely pair they are, they look great and they feel great the resin ones that I have have got a fair bit if weight to them
He even included a little Zhora photo with compliments card in the packaging.
In short I'm over the moon with them and if you don't have the originals then get your head screwwed one get one of Buch's


I would snap some up, but I already own 2 real antiques. One Japanese, and one Chinese. The Japanese Buddha head is from the 1800's, the Chinese head possibly older. It took me a good while to find matches as good as these. Here's my original post about them: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4686&highlight=buddha+heads+match


I sent Buch some detailed shots of them months back which I assume he used to find some himself. Not easy to come by!


Tnanks, Sheehan Very Happy

Yes, I started sculpting my own Buddhas using your photos as reference as I didn't expect ever to find the real deal... Been looking for two years literally every day on eBay without luck... But then suddenly a few days apart they were there! Havn't seen any before or since other than yours, Sheehan

Can I ask you which source you have to support that one of them is Japanese??

I badly need to do a Vid-Phon, love yours, so cool!!
_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte


Last edited by Buch on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beardybloke wrote:
If I were you guys as soon as Buch has the kits up and going I'd snap one up as I just received the painted heads I bought from Buch.
All I can say is what a lovely pair they are, they look great and they feel great the solid resin ones that I have have got a fair bit if weight to them
He even included a little Zhora photo with compliments card in the packaging.
In short I'm over the moon with them and if you don't have the originals then get your heads screwed on and get one of Buch's Wink


Very, very happy to hear!

All I really want to do is offer decent replicas of this very hard to find prop Very Happy
_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
joberg
Community Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 8293

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking very good Sheehan! TFS that wonderful pic with us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Sheehan
Community Member


Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buch wrote:
Sheehan wrote:
Beardybloke wrote:
If I were you as soon as Buch has the kits up and going I'd snap one up as I just received the painted heads I bought from Buch.
All I can say is what a lovely pair they are, they look great and they feel great the resin ones that I have have got a fair bit if weight to them
He even included a little Zhora photo with compliments card in the packaging.
In short I'm over the moon with them and if you don't have the originals then get your head screwwed one get one of Buch's


I would snap some up, but I already own 2 real antiques. One Japanese, and one Chinese. The Japanese Buddha head is from the 1800's, the Chinese head possibly older. It took me a good while to find matches as good as these. Here's my original post about them: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4686&highlight=buddha+heads+match


I sent Buch some detailed shots of them months back which I assume he used to find some himself. Not easy to come by!


Tnanks, Sheehan Very Happy

Yes, I started sculpting my own Buddhas using your photos as reference as I didn't expect ever to find the real deal... Been looking for two years literally every day on eBay without luck... But then suddenly a few days apart they were there! Havn't seen any before or since other than yours, Sheehan

Can I ask you which source you have to support that one of them is Japanese??

I badly need to do a Vid-Phon, love yours, so cool!!


Glad to help out! You've done a remarkable job replicating them, and your antiques looking extremely close to mine. Good finds! Here's the info from the dealer. The Japanese head is the pointed one.


_________________
You've done a man's job, sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that with us... Getting information about these heads are pretty difficult!!
_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baby steps... but in the right direction!


_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
joberg
Community Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 8293

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like you're getting the hang of it ( slush casting that is)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buch
Community Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 964
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did do some succesful slush castings, but somehow I can't get the succes ratio up to more than 1 out of 3... not good enough...

So these are full casted... result is much better, only few tiny air bubbles here and there which is easily fixed with some epoxy putty... so the first run of kits will probably be full casted, it also adds more heft to the heads, which is more realistic Very Happy
_________________
Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem bitte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Gee Dub
Community Member


Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 70
Location: Los Angeles 2019

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi did anyone see my photo of the Buch Buddha's and the fan and Deckard phone..etc I put it on my page on facebook but no comments so I wondered if anyone saw the photo??
Gary W.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign

Problems Registering Contact: help@propsummit.com